• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are Team Rocket done to death?

DarkDragonite.

Thats why they sucks. They are keep taking Thinderbolts from Pikachu and blasting off. Something has to change. They must either learn the true art of stealing pokemon Or they must quit and get another job like I mentioned above.

I got the feeling that the loser stigma became more associated with Team Rocket as the seasons went on. There were a few episodes where Team Rocket had quite the elaborate plan in the 1st Season and actually made the audience wonder if they were going to get away. Now they are just simply a joke and their comic relief will soon be diminished by the fatigue of repetition. They will always be with the show however and like Ash and Pikachu are the icons of the pokemon anime.

Master_89

Pokemon Master
I was thinking this the other day. Yeah, they are totally done to death- the whole 'pathetic scheme which is easily foiled and then they blast off' thing is now just something which gets on my nerves, big time. They don't need to go but it would be nice to see them provide an actual challenge- these guys are supposed to be part of a criminal organisation, maybe they could actually be a challenge in battle?
While we're on the subject, two other things: First, why the hell do they use a hot air balloon, especially when they've seen how weak it is to pokemon moves?
And secondly, give Meowth a proper voice, for god's sake!
Laters.

iraqmaster

I was thinking this the other day. Yeah, they are totally done to death- the whole 'pathetic scheme which is easily foiled and then they blast off' thing is now just something which gets on my nerves, big time. They don't need to go but it would be nice to see them provide an actual challenge- these guys are supposed to be part of a criminal organisation, maybe they could actually be a challenge in battle?
While we're on the subject, two other things: First, why the hell do they use a hot air balloon, especially when they've seen how weak it is to pokemon moves?
And secondly, give Meowth a proper voice, for god's sake!
Laters.

I kinda like Nathan Price's meowth voice better.

Master_89

Pokemon Master
I kinda like Nathan Price's meowth voice better.

Okay I don't know who that or any of the other actors are, but I just think the cheap 1930s American criminal accent is dumb.

Red Jr.

Banned
I don't see why James, Jessie, and Meowth need to continue working for Team Rocket.

Remember when Ash was battling Gardenia in her gym? During that time, James, Jessie, and Meowth were making some guy rich by digging him up minerals from the underground. Instead of giving it to that guy, they could have kept the minerals for themselves and sell them, and become rich.

knuclear200x

im not sure if anyone mentioned this yet...but here goes... Team Rocket should just join Ash and the gang, right after Giovanni fires and demeans them completely. or Ash does something that destroys the entire organization and being Team Rocket becomes pointless, then Giovanni berates the two and then they decide to be part of something else after a long discussion or experience. after that, things change. Team Rocket's new role would be having access to adult stuff or having mysterious connections, as well as being the team's back-up for tournaments etc.

I'm going to just do a breif rundown on my opinion of Team Rocket: *er-hem*

First of all- nothing, not in a million years, will EVER come close to what the old Team Rocket was. The old TR was a thing of beauty. They were the bad guys (and yes, made too many appearances), but they were awesome. Back in the Indigo League, TR was the best! In the beginning, they seem like totally wicked, awesome bad ppl. One of my most favorite things are the episodes about their past or when they have to work closely/with Ash. Like Pokemon Shipwrecked, Holy Matrimony, and episodes like that.

It was during those episodes that made TR the coolest. And during episodes that they did work with Ash and friends (or talked with them) that they revealed their sad lives that led them to be the criminals they are.

And does anybody remember when Giovanni's face was secretive? In fact, he was "The Boss", and everybody was dying to find out what he was doing, and who he was! Now, though, they really ****ed it up!

Team Rocket seems very insensitive now! All they do now is order robots and use GAY RETARDED PUNS!!! And worst of all, their little *touch* is gone! *poof!* because when I watch the new TR, I don't pity them, I don't think about their past lives, I don't consider them the same TR. And they barely ever have episodes that let them work alongside Ash! Giovanni... don't even get me started... they ruined him!

I miss the old TR's voices! I also miss their old personalities! They seemed to have changed over the years!

And don't get me wrong... I love Pokemon. But I absolutely HATE the new episodes! I don't like anything past the Johto region anymore (and even then the Indigo League is the best). This just proves that even if something is as popular as Pokemon, it can't be around forever. I'm just going to always, ALWAYS, remember Pokemon and Team Rocket's glory. Back in those days...

...ok, that was more than a breif rundown, and now I've got myself upset! *sobs*

DarkDragonite.

Now Id actually advocate replacing them with the more sinister Butch and Cassidy. The episode where they use the drowzee for their evil plans actually provided an antagonist who provided a genuine threat. But it's truly pointless to discuss this since like Ash they will never be removed, they are ingrained in the show permanently whether we like it or not.

Menx

Thread title basically covers it.

I personally don't think Team Rocket can be replaced, but I think a change of pace is an order. Maybe Team Rocket suddenly disbans, and something like a Neo-Team Rocket is formed, or Jessie and James do something to get their rank improved.

A change in clothing for Jessie and James would be nice, too. Maybe something similar to the Rocket Grunt's uniform.

Anyway, what do you think: "Are Team Rocket done to death?"

I think Team Rocket should win for a change because in every episode they always get beaten witch makes it really predictable.

jigglypoof

oldskool pokeshipper
Jessie's mom used to work for Team Rocket, so in the end that might prevent her from quitting - it's something to keep her, in a way, close to the missing (and assumed dead) parent. But seriously, they should just fake a wedding (like they were planning to do in the Matrimony episode) and run off with James' inheritance. Maybe open a gym or just buy themselves a mansion far away or something. I think they deserve something - they were never truly evil people. I don't know how easy it is to detatch from working for Giovanni, though. Is there some kind of punishment, or is quitting never an option at all?

milenadrg

Jessie's mom used to work for Team Rocket, so in the end that might prevent her from quitting - it's something to keep her, in a way, close to the missing (and assumed dead) parent. But seriously, they should just fake a wedding (like they were planning to do in the Matrimony episode) and run off with James' inheritance. Maybe open a gym or just buy themselves a mansion far away or something. I think they deserve something - they were never truly evil people. I don't know how easy it is to detatch from working for Giovanni, though. Is there some kind of punishment, or is quitting never an option at all?

They are evil persons and there's no way of thinking wrong...
If they aren't evil like you said, why would they join Team Rocket. OK Jessie is poor and all, but James is rich boy and he could just use his money...

SBaby

Dungeon Master
Are Team Rocket done to death?

Nah. They only show up once every day. They only spend an average of a third of an episode on JJM. They only drag the series out to hopeless levels as a result. Nope, they're not done to death.

If you didn't catch the sarcasm in that, then you're more like Ash than you realize. In actuality, JJM are characters that are currently no less annoying than Bulma from the Dragonball series. You just wish they'd disappear, or that someone would get rid of them for good. Personally, I don't think Pokemon needs to get rid of them, but at the very least, they could show up less often. Seriously, when you've got characters that appear more frequently than giant robots in Sentai, you've got issues.

Riolo22

Lucario Trainer
I seem to like TR from now and then....they get annoying sometimes, but I think they help produce some more filler episodes between gyms and truer evil dudes...

They make me cry, laugh, and annoyed.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I'm getting tired of the same recycled theme,and making them so lousy as villains.Poor Nintendo doesn't let them steal a single Pokemon,even offscreen,except for that one Hitmonlee{Of course they stole Pokemon before Ash}We should do something about it!