• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are Team Rocket done to death?

NINJA PENGUIN

I Think Rocket Is dead, They should add somwthing to it, like aother talking pokemon like meowth or an rocket apperntice (like james lil brother etc.) I can see this happening since, Johto remakes are coming up, so i can see ash and Co. returning, which means Team Rocket becomes the main baddy team in the anime

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
.....what?

Okay, let's try and translate what you wrote....

You.. think Team Rocket is dead? Not at all. Jessie and James aren't all of TR you know. Even if Jessie and James are failing the rest of TR are doing well.

Why bother adding a new permanent member? Jessie and James live just above poverty. They can't afford to provide for someone else.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
Personally, I think they appear as antagonists in too many episodes. It would be nice to have them succeed outside the Pokemon Leagues. Them also winning once in a while would be neat.

Team Rocket adds excitement into the show. BUT, I think they should AT LEAST do something more...I dunno, evil. Like, successfully steal a Pokemon or something.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
its getting really boring in my opinion im dead tired of the same anthics all the time, i dont really care about them anymore but we have to get them in every episode but i believe they want to keep it and they will be here until the end of the anime

Chaos Shadow

I daresay that they've been played out. The fact that they appear in every episode, no matter how menial the scheme, and are inevitably Blasted Off Again is something that shouldn't have been so overused. They could have been a running gag to be used regularly but not every episode, so, while they probably would have gotten irritating, they wouldn't be wasting a chunk of every episode being repetitive (redundant, even).

Of course, they've been ingrained over the last decade, so it would be something of a shock to have them not appear like clockwork every episode... Unfortunate.

They really had potential when Jesse and James first appeared. They were a real threat for a couple of episodes. Now...

Kirby2000

I daresay that they've been played out. The fact that they appear in every episode, no matter how menial the scheme, and are inevitably Blasted Off Again is something that shouldn't have been so overused. They could have been a running gag to be used regularly but not every episode, so, while they probably would have gotten irritating, they wouldn't be wasting a chunk of every episode being repetitive (redundant, even).

Of course, they've been ingrained over the last decade, so it would be something of a shock to have them not appear like clockwork every episode... Unfortunate.

They really had potential when Jesse and James first appeared. They were a real threat for a couple of episodes. Now...

Team Rocket is still a real threat to the trewps now sometimes.

Pokefan0234

Ka-Ra-Tay!
Team Rocket isn't a threat anymore (even if they try to be). Why? Let's look at a common TR scenario...

Team Rocket: We've put all your Pokemon in a cage and now we're going to steal them!
Ash: Grotle, use Razor Leaf!
*cage breaks*
Jessie: Seviper, do something!
James: Carnivine, don't eat me.
Meowth: I hope you guys know what you're doing...
Ash: Pikachu, use Thunderbolt!
*big explosion*
Team Rocket: We're blasting off again! *Wobbuffet*

Yeah, that gets old after a couple hundred times.

bonslyclogsthetoilet

BoomGoesTheDynamite!
Yeah they're too darn repetitive. If only they have them do something different and mix up their schemes instead of always going after Pikachu and that blasting off crap, they'll be fine. But I guess I really like the gradual comical edge and puns they've been getting to over time.

b3ttybr00t4l

COLOUR ME CLICHÉ
Yeah they're too darn repetitive. If only they have them do something different and mix up their schemes instead of always going after Pikachu and that blasting off crap, they'll be fine. But I guess I really like the gradual comical edge and puns they've been getting to over time.

Yeah, everyone seems to think Team Rocket just need to have a change.

Zazzy

Pal from 3P
I can remember it ever so clearly.

"Pikachu, Thunderbolt 'em!!"

I don't know how many times I've heard those words.

Morcombe

Team rocket are great characters but as villains they are old and boring.

It's time they actually became proper trainers, honestly who chases around a pikachu for 12 years, what a waste of their lives.

I'm not saying take them out of the show I just want them to do something new and different. Jessie is a good coordinator and james would probably make a good breeder/trainer.

Morcombe

Team rocket are great characters but as villains they are old and boring.

It's time they actually became proper trainers, honestly who chases around a pikachu for 12 years, what a waste of their lives.

I'm not saying take tehm out fo teh show I just wnat them to do something new and didfferent. Jessie is a good coordinator and james would probably make a good breeder/trainer.

Journeyman

…… …… …… ▼
Team Rocket is the only criminal organization to avoid disbandment (in the anime). Team Aqua/Magma pretty much called it quits, and sooner or later Cyrus is gonna have a Spear Pillar shoved up his *** in the end. Lesson to be taken from this? Don't have ridiculously high expectations (i.e. Shaping the continents and destroying the world).

The tried and true formula for bad guys: Steal strong pokemon and market them off for a pretty penny.

RYKUU

Water Trainer
I can remember it ever so clearly.

"Pikachu, Thunderbolt 'em!!"

I don't know how many times I've heard those words.

You would thnink they would have got the picture aready... Get some skill.

But at the same time guys, it is a kids show. It is going to natuarlly appeal to them (being the shows target audience). When i was 12 (good times) it was amazing to see them get shocked and fly to the sky.

Elrade

Snarky snark snark.
No way, Team Rocket, Croagunk, Paul, Team Galactic and Hunter J are the only reasons I watch the anime any more :p

Rex Kamex

See all those 'Bring back Misty NOW!' threads. She was only around for 2 seasons. Imagine what happen if the main villians who have been around for it all were removed?

I can't figure out what you mean by "season."

b3ttybr00t4l said:
Yeah, everyone seems to think Team Rocket just need to have a change.

Not everyone... (and I'm not talking about me)