1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Are the 5th and 6th Movie deck really worth THAT much?

Discussion in 'Pokémon TCG Discussion' started by TokoyamiTheDark, Dec 11, 2018.

1. TokoyamiTheDark

TokoyamiTheDark The Purple Karakasa

Yesterday my parents found someone who approximates the values of trading cards of any sort, so he came today. I showed him 2 sealed Japanese Pokémon decks that I own. They were the 5th Movie Half Deck and 6th Movie Half Deck (picture here) http://i65.*******.com/1231puv.jpg
    and he told us that the Jirachi deck was worth about 150$ or more on sites like eBay, while the Lati deck was worth... Over 1000$!!!

...My parents and I were shocked. Are these decks really worth THAT much money? Note that I had 2 Lati deck and 3 Jirachi decks and that I opened 1 of each so I am left with 1 sealed Lati deck and 2 sealed Jirachi decks.

I also have over 10 000 unique cards (and more are coming for Christmas) stored inside "storing card books" that can be purchased in shops. The man said my collection was worth over 1 million $. What do you think of his thoughts about my collection's worth?

EDIT - Apparently we can't post images in threads even with the image tool as the URL gets censored instead...