• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are the New Pokemon Overpowered?

randomspot555

I'm not sure about overpowering, that is because GF had set itself the maximum base stats total of 720 when the time it introduced Arceus.

No they didn't. There is nothing hard coded into the game that prevents a Pokemon from having a base stat total of greater than 620.

There can not be any Pokemon that can overpower it.

This is both false and assumes that the sole source of power is through a Pokemon's base stat total.

(Though, I have to say, this total is really low for a Pokemon that is speculated to the God of all.)

Sweet Arceus, this post doesn't have a single bit of truth, does it?

Bananarama

The light is coming
They do seem apparently more thought out than previous Pokemon. I wouldn't say stronger, but they have more depth, including moves, etc.

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
Idk how that transfers on the video games (I'm a nuke player so I don't see the difference), but for the trading card game, hells yes, we went from making decks were at best we can have pokemon with 100 hp and 10-50 attack base, with 120 at best, now we're playing with cards that have 170-180 hp with 220 hp at best dealing in and around 90+dmg per turn, (I'll list 2013 winter tier decks to get an understanding of the dmg), darkrai(180hp) is currently made to deal anywhere between 90-140 dmg per turn with 30 extra to 1 bench pokemon, rayeels or Rayquaza(170hp) was made for dragon burst which is 60 per 1 fire or electric energy card discarded (we use a card called dynamotor which brings electric back from the discard pile to a bench pokemon so with that we use 3 dyanmotor on the bench equaling to 180-120 dmg per turn if setup properly, cobalion(180hp) which is supposed to deal 100-130 per turn, landorus(180) is 30/60-150/180 per turn. And to think that for the longest time charizard base set was the strongest with 120 hp and 120 atk, sorry buddy. So gen 6, we'll have to see what we get to play with.

!jirachi!

3/4 dead...
some but most not :p the tiers according to smogon are very mixed.

Pyrotechnet

Aviator Guy