• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are the writers setting up Kotetsu to be a possible main character?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I think this is the reason Kotetsu's design wasn't based on a game character, so they can use him more regularly and not tie him down.

His personality is so similar to Ash in a number of ways, I can see him starring in his own series. Perhaps Iris and Cilan will travel with him instead of Ash next gen?

Janovy

Banned
His personality is so similar to Ash in a number of ways, I can see him starring in his own series. Perhaps Iris and Cilan will travel with him instead of Ash next gen?
You mean like how Ritchie was similar to Ash and didn't replace him?

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
I think this is the reason Kotetsu's design wasn't based on a game character, so they can use him more regularly and not tie him down.

Quit trolling already!

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
...Kotetsu DOES need guidance. o_O

Honestly if Iris and Dento traveled with him they'd all get eaten by something in a matter of 5 minutes. XD

Tbh I really wouldn't mind if Chronicles comes back and a few epis focus on him. XD

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash

Lol you do realize that Kotetsu was only introduced so that he could beat Ash in the league right? XD
I honestly don't see him returning after the league ends.

SlimeStack

Well since Ash won the Champion League and Dawn became the protagonist, it's quite likely that Kotetsu will win the Unova League and replace Ash.

Bluelatios*

Quit trolling already!

Quoted for truth again.

Now then, I'd be open to the idea of doing another Chronicles like saga and have a few episodes dedicated to Kotetsu. What do you guys think about that?

Ver-mont

I think Kotetsu will probably never appear again after the League, just like Harrison, Morrison, Tyson and Tobias.

But who knows.

TheSirPeras

The end of an era
- He got a full Gym battle to himself, Marlon, who was one of the only Gym leaders Ash himself never battled in the series.

They had to show Marlon in some episode just like they did with Roxie. What would be the point of Ash fighting him if he has all his badges already?

- He replaced Dawn in the opening after she left.

Exactly, she left. There's no point on having someone in the opening if they arent there anymore, in my opinion.

- He beat Bianca in the league, who was the only girl rival of the series.

Meh, Paul beat Barry. Theres always that one rival Ash doesnt fight.

- Its almost confirmed that he beats Ash in the league

True, but still there's chances that Ash does win and Virgil beats him in the rest of the episode.

- Its quite possible that he may beat Virgil too, and win the entire league in the process

Where did this come from? I can say that it's quite possible that Kotetsu beats Cynthia and becomes a Pokemon Champion, but without any kind of evidence (especially since we dont even know if Ash does lose against Kotetsu).

- He has some of the most popular and well promoted Pokemon, like Lucario, Hydregion, Samurott, etc.

This I agree with.

I'm sorry Cyber, can't agree with your way of thinking in here. Unless a chronicle, Ash wouldn't lose his main character role to Kotetsu. Kotetsu would have to get a Pikachu because of all the merchandising and stuff haha... I hope :p

AmbipomMaster

#TeamInstinct
I could see Kotetsu not being a protagonist, but maybe a tag-along? Like, in Episode N?!

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Ash is not being replaced by anyone. He and Pikachu are the faces of the anime and have been for however many years! It's even been stated that he won't ever be replaced and yet you STILL come up with crap like this about Kotetsu getting 'bigged up' because he's going to become a main character, travelling with Iris and Cilan in the next region?

No Cyber, this time you've gone too far, beyond your usual trollish self. I'm sorry but all Kotetsu is, is a late rival done interestingly. He's essentially a character like Morrison, except this time the rival is defeating Ash.

Graham Aker

Even though Kotetsu isn't replacing Ash, I find him more entertaining than Ash...even if that's not saying much. :p

BlueDragonfangirl

Hey Cybs, remember the times when you thought Dawn would be replacing him when we didn't see Ash at all the start of D/P series and was only seeing Dawn every where? Oh look what happened.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Calling it. Kotetsu is a huge Gary Stu if he manages to defeat Ash.

Well it's true. He just sort of randomly appeared with no real backstory and with a team of powerful Pokemon. But I seem to have missed the point of this thread when I posted earlier. I thought some of the comments were thinly-veiled attempts to shade Trip for being a terrible rival, but there are actually people who are talking about Kotetsu possibly replacing Ash? How did anyone come to that conclusion?

I hope not. I don't really like Kotetsu as a main character. He seems a little TOO stupid. Atleast Ash has some brain cells. Idiot rivals always get a lot of screen time and Riolu/Lucario being so popular helps him get screen time as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.