1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Are there any good Pokemon challenges?

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by PineapplePizza, Jan 18, 2019.

1. PineapplePizza

PineapplePizza Well-Known Member

Trying to play the games with the one of the many challenges. I know Nuzlocke is super popular but I was never fond of that challenge

Majespectre likes this.
  2. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

I was never fond of the challenge, but only because the idea of Pokemon being treated as dead comes off as a spit in the face to the morals of the franchise. Mono-type challenge, however, I am more open to

3. PineapplePizza

PineapplePizza Well-Known Member

Mono type challenge might be fun. I thought about that one of the gift only challenge.

I dont like Nuzlocke’s release your fainted Pokemon like they’re dead aspect.

Majespectre likes this.
  4. shoz999

shoz999 IT WAS ME! SETETH!

Get the Power items that halve your speed. Do a new game with the Power Items. Suddenly even Kalos is ten times harder.

5. Ignition

Ignition Incineroar wins yet again (proud of my son)

Here’s a list:
    *Get a friend to trade you 6 random Eggs. Give yourself some restrictions like no starters/pseudo legends or even restrict yourself to Pokèmon with low base experience gains or Pokèmon in a certain BST range
    *Randomly pick 6 numbers on a randomizer and pick the Pokèmon that correlates to that Pokédex #
    *Solo runs with Pokèmon at a clear disadvantage in a specific region (i.e Chikorita in Johto) Bonus points if you keep it unevolved
    *Limit yourself to moves under a certain base power or type. Also only limit it to level up moves so no TMs or Tutors
    *You can only use healing stations like Pokèmon Centers & rest hikes on routes once.
    *The first 6 Pokèmon you encounter is the team you’re stuck with

6. KyogreThunder

KyogreThunder Call of Fate

I've never tried any challenge runs myself, but I sort of like the idea of monotype runs and gift Pokemon-only runs.

PineapplePizza likes this.
  7. ArcanineRaichu77

ArcanineRaichu77 Shiny Hunter,Bookworm and BVB fan~

A badge quest! Simply put, get a shiny before each badge :) Highly recommended fun challenge in gens 2 to five for the 1/8192 odds to make it a real challenge.

Majespectre likes this.
  8. Monster Guy

Monster Guy Slurpuff and Alcremie both deserve love

Competitive Pokémon is a challenge...

9. shoz999

shoz999 IT WAS ME! SETETH!

I'd say it just requires a bit more thought and time put into the games. A lot of time depending on how many Pokemon you have and plan to use.

10. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

I dunno, that sounds really boring

PineapplePizza likes this.
  11. I never did the releasing thing in a nuzlocke because that would shatter me. I don’t like considering them dead either, I just take it being a challenge at face value.

I think randomisers and wondertrade challenges are some of the best tbh, the random aspect of both leads to some unexpected yet pretty awesome team results. I’d recommend the latter if you don’t want to use an emulator or hack your copy of the game you want to play.

12. Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Pikachu Fan Number Nine Don't Mess wit Texas

Beating the elite 4 with a team based on baby mammals:

Popplio (seal pup)
    Pichu (mouse pup)
    Noibat (fruit bat pup)
    Rockruff (wolf pup)
    Lillipup (dog pup)
    Mudbray (donkey foal)

13. nel3

nel3 Crimson Dragon

use your first 6 pokemon (different species) caught all the way up to beating elite 4. no stupid nuzlock "deaths", just keep reviving/healing them as needed and beat the elite 4 with them. i dont personally do these challenges as i have a specific team i like using in my play thru.

14. When I want something different, I usually do a monotype run or an avatar challenge. The latter one is one I like a lot which is sort of based on the last airbender. It restricts the types you can use.

Rules under the spoiler tag.

[​IMG]

Majespectre likes this.