• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are there any Pokémon Fans who don't play the video games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheJLeeTeam

JLeeTeam
Are there any Pokémon Fans who don't play the video games?

We all know that Pokémon is mainly a video game series and most people who are into Pokémon play the video games. However are there some fans who don't play the video games? Are there some who only watch the anime, play the TCG, or anything like that. I think there might be some Pokémon fans who don't play the video games and just play the TCG instead. Some might even play the spinoff games over the main series games. I'd say some of them don't have a Nintendo handheld. What do you think?

Superteletubbies64

MAHINA-PEEEAAA!!!
I like to play the video games, but I lost my 3ds two years ago, I haven't played any core series games since but I'd like to play pokken tournament but I can't get it due to reasons

I'm pretty sure there are. Some people are only fans of the anime (due to their support for shippings). Some might only be into the manga as well.

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
I play the games, however I'm more a fan of the anime than the games.

I watch the Pokémon anime every single week and find it a lot of fun.

I wouldn't exactly say I don't play the games, but I do it rarely compared to how much I watch the anime.

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
We all know that Pokémon is mainly a video game series and most people who are into Pokémon play the video games. However are there some fans who don't play the video games? Are there some who only watch the anime, play the TCG, or anything like that. I think there might be some Pokémon fans who don't play the video games and just play the TCG instead. Some might even play the spinoff games over the main series games. I'd say some of them don't have a Nintendo handheld. What do you think?
I was one of those people way back... When I first got into Pokemon despite having the original Red I was more interested in the anime (and figures) then the actual games.

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
I'd say so. Even if it's extremely rare. There will always be that one person. I may not be one of them, but I'm sure there's some people out there who don't play the main series.

Then again, that goes for anything really.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I think the guy at Creative Worlds (sites up but it has aged) liked the individual Pokemon more than the games. He's also an established Kirby and Mother fan.

TheJLeeTeam

JLeeTeam
It makes sense for people to like the Pokémon themselves rather than the games. I personally like Skylanders characters even though I don't like the games.

I'm also sure there are some people who are more involved with the TCG than the video games. At one point I enjoyed the TCG more than the games.

Jirachi100

Kirby Fan
I used to be one of those people. My mom wouldn't let me have video games for a couple of years. I started watching the show during Generation 3 and I was starting to collect Pokemon toys at that time too. I finally got to play the games during Generation 4 while I was in middle school.

Status
Not open for further replies.