• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are there any series that are for you equal but something( development/detail) pushes that series to be above rest/other series?

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I guess the Hoenn part of AG and there Battle Frontier, and I prefer the Battle Frontier due to the continuity and returns of all of Ash's reserves and companions in one way or another.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
The wholesomeness and family atmosphere of SM pushes it above other series for me, as well as giving a good character of Ash even if the design sucked. I loved all of the cast and the vibe that series had in a general, enjoying it's fillers as well as main episodes, liking all arcs and loving the inter continuity the series had.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I generally think that AG and DP were almost equal in terms of consistency and interesting subplots [mostly Gyms and Contests], but to me DP had better filler episodes and a better villainous team plot, so I think of it as slightly superior to AG despite AG having better rival characters [Harley and Shuu].

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
It's between DP & AG,both had a huge impact in the series as a whole.DP has the best battles strategically,the best rival and the best league but I have to give AG the edge because of a few things.First I'll say that AG was the last time I actually cared for Ash as a character,yeah he vastly improved in DP as a trainer but as a character he became bland and lost the charm he had from the previous series.Secondly the contest rivals in AG were a huge plus,I kinda see Drew as the Gary Oak of that series as far as rivals go,him and May both went at it and faced each other in contests both eventually grew to respect each other.

Drew had a little more experience than May so he was a driving force for her improvement as coordinator.You also had Harley who was known for playing mind games with May and throwing her off like when he once joined up with Team Rocket to try an sabotage one of her contest battles.I just didn't get the same feeling with the contest rivals in DP,I thought Zoey was meh as a rival she felt more like a mentor for Dawn,Kenny of course was a flop,the only rival I thought was decent was Ursula.Lastly the Battle Frontier which was a rare occasion for Ash to actually rotate his team,plus the Frontier battles were intense.

I love both AG and DP but I like DP more mainly due to Ash and Paul's rivalry.

Same thing with XY and DP, but I like XY more due to the development of Ash and Serena (and don't forget Amourshipping)

RafaSceptile

DP over AG: The Hoenn Arc was very solid for May but not for Ash, meanwhile DP focused on both Ash and Dawn in a better way simultaneously
DP over XY: Ash was not loved (not literally) by people he had just met, which feels more real in the anime context, especially with Paul beating him consistently
SM over XY: The family and friendship topics showcased consistently during the series, and the interactions between the main cast feels stronger, mainly Ash-Kiawe-Sophocles and Mallow-Lana

Sham

The Guardian of War
BW and DP for me personally. The thing that’s keeping BW from out winning DP is the way Ash behaves. I’m not of those people who hates his “regression” to an extreme but something things like the Roxie Gym battle shouldn’t of happened. Trip also being better than him made absolutely no sense since we have no good reason to believe he’s better than Ash or even a strong trainer (losing both to Cilan and Bianca who are at the very least implied to be weaker than Ash OR on his level). So yeah it was Ash for me.