• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are there shows that you think had wasted potential?

Origami_Zekrom

Where I shouldn't be
Dragon Booster, if any of you remember that. Cancelled after 3 seasons or less. Why? It became the same old plot again with the same people, same enemies, same dragons. It could have at least introduced some new enemies after the 1st season...

:644:

Rank Up! Thunder Badge!

ShinyVaati

100% Rebel Time Lord
Also, dare I say, Glee. IMO it started off fantastically, the humour was brilliant and it was directed fantastically. For me, it's just become too focused on the songs and the humour's gone downhill. For me it had a lot of potential, but it just lost it.

I have to agree with this. I enjoyed Season One because the humor was witty, the character screentime was fairly balanced, and the musical bits didn't feel forced.

I found most of Season Two, on the other hand, to be a suckfest. Too much drama, not enough humor. Most of the episodes were either about Kurt (who used to be one of my favorites but now annoys me to great lengths) or entirely focused on one or two characters while the rest got ignored. The music feels so forced now as well (That Britney Spears episode was the definition of a disaster)

I'm only going to watch the start of Season 3 to see if it makes any improvements, if not, I'm done with it.

Last edited:

CombatWombat

deadliest warrior could have been a great show. it definitely had potential. but all we got are ridiculous matchups (spartan vs. ninja? really?) and two bone heads using a computer game to see who would win. oh and last time i checked, george washington was a general. but then again this is spike and this shouldn't surprise anybody.

Joe The Bow

Redstone Utilist
I used to watch a show called Naruto, but then it got moved to Disney XD. They edited out a lot of things, so I stopped watching it. It used to be really good before it got moved.

Disney XD's verision of Naruto is MAJOR CRAP. You watch naruto at narutoget.com

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
(InB4HiBumpKick)

I used to love watching WIPEOUT, but after watching what felt like the SAME FREAKING GUY winning almost every time, I stopped watching it.

...Although, now that I think of it, that's true for most gameshows.

darkcharizard58

I think both Prison Break and Lost had great first seasons but it all went to ****. They couldve been much better

Metagross Guy

ᴸ м f ᴬ σ.
The movie: Super 8

Thought it was gonna be good but ended up watching bullshit engaged.

Ísjaki

Flood Of Red
Bleach, it was really good at first but got predictable and dragged out

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
TMZ was good, and then months later I got sick of seeing celebrities on TV, and I love certain celebs.

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Geekachu- I will agree, while I still watch it S1 was the best. And it definitely gave each character including the adults (And I am specifically talking about Emma here, who got to appear alot but now since S1 would be lucky to have a 2 second appearance like she did in the last finale).

Heroes too, S1 was great and I liked S2, but I dunno then it started getting offtrack and stuff. Lost is another one that seemed to have lost it way after a few seasons. I still watch these shows because I want to though. And don't get me started on Supernatural, I miss S1-S2 where it was all about demon hunting and traveling, not the stuff going on now.

If I were a writer of these shows.. Well let's just say.. There would be less songs on Glee (So it might not be that much better). Lost would have had a different ending, Nikki wouldn't have died in Heroes while Dean and Sam would be travelling around the countryside hunting every myth and legend (Come on, what happened to seeing the urban myths of Bloody Mary and the woman in white by the lonely road), with Lenore appearing in many episodes to assist them

(Okay slightly joking XD, I am kinda biased on that. *Points to sig, at the only none anime person), if you need a memory boot she's the vampire in Bloodlust who was like Angel or the later Spike in Buffy/Angel. And she appeared in S6 but only for like 5mins).

And the fact the finale was always the same. Dean dies, Sam saves him, Sam dies, Dean saves him and keeps going on and on. It was fun the first two times, but six more? Seriously!.

I think No Ordinary Family might have been wasted potential too, it got interesting in the later episodes then axed, they should have let it keep going. Come on where are the days of Supernatural, Smallville, Buffy, Charmed (Shut up, I thought that was a good show:p), Angel all the supernatural shows that got me interested. What do we have now? Supernatural is still okay but could be better (They got another season coming too).

Medium's gone, NOF is axed, Heroes is gone, the latter three above are gone. We have what Being Human (Why is that vampire running around in the daytime? This isn't Twilight!). Teen Wolf (That's a really bad version of a werewolf if he actually turned into his full form at the first episode)..

That's all I can think of now. Where are shows like Hercules and Xena? (They could be considered supernatural, what with the Gods and the powers, ironically many of the bad guys dress up the same way as the warlocks in Charmed did, and even more ironic the guy who played Aries in those two I am sure was in Charmed).

Yes I like my supernatural shows, and ever since the 90's it feels like they have become less good (After Supernatural/Heroes) and just not as what they used to be. They didn't even give No Ordinary Family a chance (Hell, why wasn't Julie Benz's character kicking ***, she could have with that superspeed,).

And where are the supernatural characters who gang up and actually fight with their powers and save lives Only the father does it in NOF. Hardly anyone did any saving in Heroes besides what, Nikki, DC and Hiro and sometimes Peter. These shows would have gone so differently if I was the writer, I can tell you that now.

Hm what else? Can't think of many so I will stop lol.

mycooly

Banned

You disappointing me, that movie was ah maz ing :3
anyways I thought bleach was gonna be epic
i ended up hating it

Weez1990

Hyuck hyuck hyuck
Hetalia. It could have had well designed characters instead of the cookie cutter anime designs it currently has, with interesting personalities and accurate stereotypes, which it doesn't.
It could have been historically accurate and still be funny.

Sorry if anyone here does like the show. I think it has wasted potential and a horrible fanbase :D

Ishida

大典! SENTAI!!
Heroes had a lot of potential in its first two seasons, then idk what happened /:

jacobii

Third Wheel in J#+IB

Yeah, all that alien stuff was a bunch of bs, but I still loved all the characters.

Dragonball GX was very shitty compared to Dragonball Z.

zipzap713

@Peteyism
The AMC show "Rubicon" had it's potential wasted. That being said, I thought it was a fantastically well done show, but in it's season (now series) finale, it through some huge curveballs that pretty much doomed the show. Sad, because it was my favorite show. But killing off one of the most important characters and including a handful of WTF plot holes in an otherwise perfectly crafted plot, is disappointing. Especially because those decisions led to it's cancellation, or so we've been led to believe.