• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are there shows that you think had wasted potential?

Vernikova

Champion
So simple question: what shows do you think had wasted potential?

I think that the recently canceled show Trauma was a big let down. Hank had some potential in my opinion because Kesley Grammer was casted and he did well on Frasier even though the show's idea has been done to death.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I don't watch many television shows anymore since a good majority DON'T have the good potential to attract me to it (the only show I watch now is Monk, Fringe, and whatever it is my parents are watching at the moment, which isn't much). What I have seen, though, most of it is pretty predictable. For example: Median is just getting... I wouldn't say old, but she wakes up from a dream just before commerical break. That starts getting annoying after a while, no offense to any fans of Median.

The Simpsons is a big one, though. It really should've ended years ago. I don't know how people can still watch it and still get a kick out of it. I stopped watching it because of one) reruns, and two) I was getting bored. It just doesn't have the spark it used to have to catch my attention. I snear at The Simpsons now.

I think Hollywood is starting to run out of really good and original ideas. How can they get potential from that?

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
To be honest, I really thought that Life On Mars had alot of potential.

the_w0lf

-/-Dutty Love-/-
The Beautiful Life:TBL It could have been another teen drama high school kids couldn't get enough of. Unfortunatly, a boring pilot and lack of promotion by the CW contributed to a cancellation after 2 episodes. That-or people just weren't interested. I like Sara Paxton though, poor girl.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Heroes.

Great first season, and everything went downhill fast from there. I can't even bear to watch it anymore. The writing strike hit and it could never recover.

Oh yeah, there WAS a strike a good few years back, I forgot about that.

I think that's why my parents don't watch Heroes anymore. I wonder if Chuck was affected the same way, they haven't asked about the time it was on for a while.

Murcielago

cupid is a baT
Kyle XY was very interesting during season one...
Then season two came and he became a cancer-curing telekinetic super-strength levitating Stu.

:l

heroes, it was REALLY good, but now it just goes ON and ON and ONNNN!!!!

supernatural. It was HULARYUS before, and great fun to watch. But now with this apocalypse crap its like COME ON!

Defying gravity was really good. Why they had to cancel it? I'll never know. The story had Amazing potential, but they cancelled it halfway through the season.

Saturday Night Live was great back in the days with Chris Farley,Bill Murray,Adam Sandler, and Steve Martin but now its not as funny now days in my opinion to be honest.

Moneyy

INACTIVE
I used to watch a show called Naruto, but then it got moved to Disney XD. They edited out a lot of things, so I stopped watching it. It used to be really good before it got moved.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
any thing that doesn't relate to reality tv

Geekachu

The Simpsons is a big one, though. It really should've ended years ago. I don't know how people can still watch it and still get a kick out of it. I stopped watching it because of one) reruns, and two) I was getting bored. It just doesn't have the spark it used to have to catch my attention. I snear at The Simpsons now.

I completely agree with this. The only thing is is that it's gone on for so long that I guess it wouldn't be easy to just end it. However I feel that it lost it's touch after the 9th season, and at the moment it's almost become a parody of itself.

And I also agree with Heroes, it started off fantastically but then it just got too complicated to follow and to understand, so I stopped watching it eventually.

Also, dare I say, Glee. IMO it started off fantastically, the humour was brilliant and it was directed fantastically. For me, it's just become too focused on the songs and the humour's gone downhill. For me it had a lot of potential, but it just lost it.