• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are there trainers out there that don't EV train?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ciliano

I was just curious as to how many people don't EV train. I find it interesting that some people don't. If you want to share, please say why you choose not to EV train. I'm sure this will make for an interesting discussion!

Bunface

Jewel Runner
Only for scenarios that require EV trained Pokemon - Battle Frontier etc. In game I don't because my Pokemon are my Pokemon - there's no need to make them ultimate killing machines, so I don't, and gain that much more sentimental attachment to them in the process.

Psycho Cut

I tend not to EV my train my pokemon until I've defeaten the elite four, i sometimes do a bit, but not much. I like to enjoy the game at first and not dedicate too much time to the competetive aspect of the game.

After that, however, I'm a mean, keen, EV-training machine :D

AzukanAsimbu

Petal Paladin
I dont EV train, because I think it doesnt give you much sentimental value or friendship in your Pokemon.

I dont EV train, but my Honchkrow and other Pokemon have beaten my friends EV team on various occasions

Neekerisanni123

Kanbei <3 _ <3
*raises hand* Me.

I don't understand a thing about EV-training, and I'm just way too lazy and impatient to even try. My 'mons can still kick *** in Battle Frontier, though; I beat Palmer in HG with 3 non-ev'd pokémon with not-even-close-to-perfect-natures. With two pokémon remaining. One of them at full health.

Zibdas

not bad
I don't. Ever. Never have, prolly never will.

Pokémon Trainer Xande

Yu-Gi-Oh Duelist
I will only EV train if:
*I fell the urge of it for Competitive Purposes;
*Someone in my shop asks for it.

Even because it is hard to count the EVs you gt, from which Pokémons and where.

Ciliano

So let me ask a question. Do any of you use your non EV trained Pokemon online? I see that Mon1010 does but does anyone else? If so how does that turn out for you?

Shadevolt

The only game I've Ev trained anyone actively was White. Having started at Emerald, I never really understood EVs. I took what I got. But when I got a perfect natured (Adamant) Zekrom and a Timid Tepig, I had to do some Attack and Speed EV training.

Plus, Black and White made EV training easier.

AwesomeSauce117

Nostalgia Addict
I've never EV trained. Too much work. I only battle on Pokemon online.

Mijuwott

Poppstar Sunshine
I've used non ev'd pokemon on against a ev'd team and i knocked out five of the opponents pokemon so i guess luck plays a part in bttling not just skill, miju.

Dattebayo

Banned
I EV pre-E4 and post-E4, and I tend to frown upon those who don't care for EVs because I fear they'll never win in Wi-Fi against other players. If only EV training was made easier by showing a chart on your Pokemon's summary.

Grey Wind

I EV pre-E4 and post-E4, and I tend to frown upon those who don't care for EVs because I fear they'll never win in Wi-Fi against other players. If only EV training was made easier by showing a chart on your Pokemon's summary.
But get this; some people don't battle on wi-fi.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
i dont EV train because i dont battle online, simple.

Dont think id EV train even if i did battle online.

I don't see how EV training takes away sentimental value. I get that from any pokemon I use for a long period of time. I'm really attached to my Salamence which I EV trained and I feel that way because I use it all the time. I also feel very attached to my EV trained Espeon.

I'm not so attached to my Damp Poliwrath or soundproof Exploud because I use them only when I need to and neither of them are ev trained. I'm not even as attached to my Machamp or Rapidash who I used in my in game progression team as I am to some of my EV trained pokemon shiny and non shiny.

To answer the question I ev train some of my shinies and specially bred pokemon but I do not for any other pokrmon I get. I can always use berries and do it later if I feel they need it. I only ev train becasue I genuinly feel it's the way to go if the nature is right but not every single pokemon I own needs it. Plus it's expensive! All those vitamins! If I don't use vitamins it takes twice as long.

I use my in game teams online but my favourite team I use online is EV trained. I prefer the pokemon in the team because of what they are, it just so happens I EV trained them to see fo they would be better. Most of the time they are but they're not perfect.

Eh, I only EV my favorites like my Female Adamant Venasaur with Power Whip and 31 attack+ speed iv (no RNG :D)

Last edited:

PokeMEN

PokeMEN Master
I never used to before a few months ago, now I only battle with EV trained pokes! Im even into IVs now haha

Status
Not open for further replies.