• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are there trainers out there that don't EV train?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maelstrom5292

Pokemon Collector
I actually got into EV-training because of two of my friends who were extremely into it. I didn't know what it was before then...

Latis

Lati@s
I've never EV trained.. My pokemon are good enough for BF and wifi without it.

ev

Does not matter the stats or pokemon,NO it is the trainer that matters!!!!!!!!;392;xD

Guildenstarn

That Guy
I don't see why so many people be hating on us EV trainers. I dont see whats wrong with wanting to be the very best, like no one ever was

The Dark Titan

I don't EV train my pokémon. I honestly think EV training pokémon is not just tiring but also a waste of time. And I might be wrong! But seriously, I think that my pokémon are my pokémon, and I don't really care of others look down on them because I know they're strong.

I EV trained a Tyrogue slightly one time, though, because I wanted a Hitmontop to help me with the pokédex and the ones on GTS wanted ridiculous things for one.

Game Maker

Memento Mori
I don't EV train. I just play.

ScytheSwipe

Its whats for dinner
I have yet to start on the ev training. I iv breed occasionally but I just haven't brought myself to actually ev train. To much work for not having that many friends that play.

poopoop

SPPF STAFF
EV training is neccessary for competitive battling unless u run an all lv 1 team like me sometime, so I EV train

Cheez Puf

Just lurking.
I EV trained only for the BF back in emerald, but other than that no EV training for me. I don't really do any competitive battling, so I have no reason to.

Zweihander Nemesis

Not too old for Poke
I don't EV Train, it kind of makes me feel it was an unintended system created to maximize pokemon I understand people who want to be "the very best" have to for competitive sake, I wish we all just trained pokemon and grinded for hours to get to a competitive stage. Rather than AR, PokeSav, or Specific EV Training (since we all technically did EV train unintentionally or intentionally). Though you gotta do what you gotta do. I don't want to be a competitive player so I just stay out of it really.

Razor Xtreme

I never EV train Pre-Elite four, I'm more worried about leveling them up to beat the E4, then after I beat em I EV train sometimes, but only for my online team, NPC's in the game are pathetic bar the Battle Frontiers.

randomspot555

I don't EV Train, it kind of makes me feel it was an unintended system created to maximize pokemon I understand people who want to be "the very best" have to for competitive sake, I wish we all just trained pokemon and grinded for hours to get to a competitive stage. Rather than AR, PokeSav, or Specific EV Training (since we all technically did EV train unintentionally or intentionally). Though you gotta do what you gotta do. I don't want to be a competitive player so I just stay out of it really.

It's 100% intentional.

ShadowSplash

Spring is Coming!
Well, I never used to EV for anything. Not even competitive battles. But, alas, times change.

But I only EV for my main Pokemon (or an event I plan to lvl up because I don't want to screw it's stats up).

archeopsdan

to be honest ive played through all 5 gens and only now am i starting to see the point of it and the fact that for some sets aka 252, 252 it aint all that hard and to be fair again its proven effective against the super singles/doubles trains(just wish they didnt get so many crits, aka ruining a 23 win streak due to two crit earthquakes in a row). so its a matter of if you think its worth it then do it and if not dont bother i suppose.

randomspot555

Then there you go, I was on the fence about that one, still though my 2 cents on the matter still stands. I don't EV Train, but are not against those who do.

If there's one message that's continually pounded into the player's head, especailly early on in the game, it's that "Pokemon owned by trainers are stronger than those found in the wild!". The EV system is basically why that is, since wild Pokemon don't gain experience and therefore can't gain EVs.

Zweihander Nemesis

Not too old for Poke
If there's one message that's continually pounded into the player's head, especailly early on in the game, it's that "Pokemon owned by trainers are stronger than those found in the wild!". The EV system is basically why that is, since wild Pokemon don't gain experience and therefore can't gain EVs.

I agree, Is it as if we all EV Train, but just not to the extent of others, the trainer is always more important than the pokemon itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.