• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are there trainers out there that don't EV train?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maelstrom5292

Pokemon Collector

Charoshi

Charmander is best
I don't really, especially not for an in-game team. I think people who do that for in-game teams are a wee bit overkill. I haven't really gotten into competitive battling yet, so I really have no use for it.

DarkOverlord777

The Dragon Mage
never really bothered to try to ev train,since i dont really battle competively

jstinftw!

hey trainer
Amen! I understand EV training (surprisingly), I just don't do it. I play Pokemon to have fun, not to have the "best team"!

Just because you EV train doesn't mean you only play to have the "best team." And just because you EV train definitely doesn't mean you don't play for fun.

I EV train. I have fun. I don't have the best team. But I still do it, because I want to. It makes me feel better about training my Pokemon as well as I can.

That's a generalization. Honestly, you can liken it to saying someone who listens to, say, Green Day, for example, is anti-american. Someone can listen to Green Day and not be anti-american, just as someone can EV train and not only play to have the "best team." And still have fun.

(EDIT: Just realized this can be read in an attacking tone. I don't mean this in a mean way.)

Buchou

filch some swag
I don't competitively battle or anything of the sort so it doesn't appeal to me. So no, I do not.

I don't really train specific EVs, since im not really into competitive battling that much, but im also not the type to use a thousand rare candies on a pokemon

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
Ev training is a must for competitive aspect of the game.

CliveKoopa

How is it a must? Not everyone who plays Pokemon even cares about EV training or even knows what it is. I don't even know what competitive battling is, never mind what EV training is.

Garch0mp0utrage

SemiPokemonUnMaster
How is it a must? Not everyone who plays Pokemon even cares about EV training or even knows what it is. I don't even know what competitive battling is, never mind what EV training is.

Unless you want your Pokemon to have under-average stats, you don't EV train. EV training is a long process of raising certain stats to their highest points. Competitive battling is for people who take battles seriously. (yea they even have tiers for that stuff :p) Basically to shorten the length of this, it's special training to make your Pokemon stronger which is absolutely necessary for competitive battling.

and yes, there are a lot of people who don't EV train, but of course, not me. :)

Last edited:

JJDalts

Tobi is a good boy!
I don't EV train.

Partly because I don't play competetively, and partly because I don't fully understand it =P

cpkmn23

Whatever
I don't understand it fully either. I don't play competitively, though. The only people I battle against are my friends and they don't EV train either, so it's not really necessary. I might get into it sometime though.

Status
Not open for further replies.