• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are there trainers out there that don't EV train?

Status
Not open for further replies.

windsong

WEST SIDE
All competitive players EV train. Simply a team of non EV trained mons will always lose to a team of EV trained mons if both players are equally good at the game.

But like 90% of all wifiers Pokesav, and most competitive players just play on the sims, so w/e

yeminied

I EV train and think it's great. I just finished EV training my Jellicent in HP and Special Defence and it work so well. This is in-game of course but it works out really well in the Battle Subway, often taking out all three Pokémon by itself, all while having no attack investment whatsoever.

Slushy456

no I don't do it. i sorta understand how but it looks like a lot of work.

i don't do it. my people do it for me :)

Cutty

Forever now
I don't ev train. Well, I'd like to, and maybe sometimes I think I ev train when I'm training my pokemon, but I'm sure what I do is wrong. I only understand half of ev training.

adam1990

All competitive players EV train. Simply a team of non EV trained mons will always lose to a team of EV trained mons if both players are equally good at the game.

But like 90% of all wifiers Pokesav, and most competitive players just play on the sims, so w/e

"Simply a team of non EV trained mons will occasionally lose to a team of EV trained mons if both players are equally good at the game." Fixed.

And EV trained is such a general term. Any pokemon trained up is EV trained, just some are concentrated on a specific stat while others are scattered. I understand what you mean though. A lot of mine are scattered trained and they end up defeating those that are likely trained up in a specific stat.

Last edited:

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
...Which clearly takes into account such unimportant factors such as IVs and natures, strategies and matchups of both teams, the skills of the players using them, hax, etc.

M4zz

Banned
Pokesav is much easier, and legal. As long as you hack 100% legally. Nintendo's hack check will clear you if the EV's are legal and everything.

CliveKoopa

Pokesav is much easier, and legal. As long as you hack 100% legally. Nintendo's hack check will clear you if the EV's are legal and everything.

I thought that was 100% illegal regardless.

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
I dont when im playing the game but since im intrested in online battling i started it and its kinda fun too^-^
Thats why i love colecting shiny flawless poekemons
but most people who see them would thing they are hacks

PMDFanatic

I don't EV train. I don't even understand what EV training is, to be honest.. XD I've always been strong without EV training.

SharpedoX

Treinador Áureo
I don't play competitively and barely touch the Battle Frontier, so no.

Used to give my team vitamins and train them with the Macho Brace and other power items as soon as I learned the importance of EVs, but people who do so without the use of Pokésav have to admit they have a LOT of free time on their hands.

randomspot555

Used to give my team vitamins and train them with the Macho Brace and other power items as soon as I learned the importance of EVs, but people who do so without the use of Pokésav have to admit they have a LOT of free time on their hands.

First off, it doesn't take that long.

Second, why does it matter if someone spends 2 hours EV training or spends 2 hours doing gym leader rematches or hatching eggs or grinding for the E4? Isn't it their free time? Isn't Pokemon all about what YOU want to do and that there is no "wrong" way to play it?

Synthesia

Rookie Trencher
I only knew about EV training a few weeks ago, and it's still more or less confusing to me. And I don't do competitive battling.

zipzap713

@Peteyism
I've only EV trained 2 Pokemon, out of my entire Pokemon career. While I can easily see the benefits to EV training, it's a lot of work, and quite boring because there are only certain Pokemon you can battle. I know I'll train more Pokemon, but it'll take a while for me to get in the mood to train them.

Status
Not open for further replies.