• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are these cards fake?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me explain. We were walking around at a fair, looking at the merchandise all the booths had. I come upon one that was selling trading card plaques, and on one table were Pokemon Card packs. Seeing the price, I bought 6 packs. It wasn’t until we left and were in a restaurant when I opened them. I’ve been collecting Pokemon cards for over 8 years, and I instantly noticed that something was wrong. I need some feedback to help me.

Reasons why I think they’re fake (I‘m sorry if I don‘t make much sense on these, when I mean Holo I mean foil):

-Each pack cost $1
-They were Great Encounter packs, but I got other expansion cards in it (DP Torterra Lv. X, MT Holo Garchomp, SW Charizard to name some)
-A normal Holo Pidgeot had a Shiny Red color for it’s name. A SW Pidgeot can be only be a reverse holo or not holo at all, and no card I’ve ever seen had it’s name in red. I’ve seen gold on older cards, but not red.
-The Torterra Lv. X had small ‘dents’ on it, and it’s eye was holo. Plus the foil-ness of it didn’t look like the kind on any other Lv. X. It did have those holo dots.
-Certain cards that were suppose to be a holo were not (e.g. Ampharos, Charizard, and Gallade)
-The yellow boarders around some where not even. One side had more yellow that the other.
-They misspelled attack names (e.g. Pidgeot’s Mirro Move… Garchomp’s Dragon fang (instead of Dragon Fang))
-These cards were in a different font than the real cards.
-The energy symbols were too big for the circles they were in. (That probably doesn’t make sense)
-The cards weren’t facing the same way when I opened the packs.
-’Diamond & Pearl’ on the front was completely shiny, instead of the letter’s outline just being shiny
-Many non-shiny cards illustrations implied that they were suppose to be shiny, but weren’t.

Are these cards fake? Or are these just error cards? More importantly, are these cards playable?

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
Yup. Fake. Scans would be appreciated when you post topics like this though.

Yup. Fake. Scans would be appreciated when you post topics like this though.
Thanks. I couldn't get pictures since I don't have a scanner, and my camera isn't that good when it comes to the fine details.

A mod can close this now...

Status
Not open for further replies.