• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are these Umbreon plushies fake?

Roverlord

I saw Umbreon plushies on sale on the internet in three different places. I can't really tell, but i have doubts about their genuinity. Some of the materials (and one's eyes) look somewhat suspicious to me. What do you think?

And no, there aren't any more pictures available besides the ones on the post. I also can't ask for more pictures because it's a store from a country whose language i don't speak. I can understand the site but propably not converse with people who work there.

I did try to post the text and pictures directly on the forum, but the site kept insisting that they were ""spam or inappropriate"" or something to that effect.

https://nukeli.tumblr.com%2Fpost%2F650074278890520576
I find A suspicious because it's head looks kind of wonky, but i'm not sure if the eyes look like they do because of that or if the reason is unconnected. They look kind of funny, could be the angle but this was the only picture.

On B, i find the way the material tightens the ears be weird. It's also clearly that plastic-like surface paint material. Is it supposed to be like that? There's also some kind of a paint stain on it's ear. The blacks of the eyes also might or might not be out of shape for the red part of the eye. I've heard that defects in the blacks of the eye can be the sign of a fake. It's snout shape also looks off. My suspicions are the strongest about this one.

On C, i'm not even sure whether it's supposed to be a different plushie or if it just looks different because of the angle. The back leg pattern looks kind of suspicious because it has a seam in the middle and its location seems off, it should be more on the hop, right?

Last edited:
Well yes I guess they are just fake
But the totodile , BULBASAUR , charmander , squirtle , different Pikachu plushies available on net , amazon , Flipkart are not fake ones.
And better if you feel suspicious
I wud prefer you buying from the official Pokemon Website and always notice the Nintendo seal before buying pokestuffs

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Hard to tell by just looking at the pics. Some official plushies end up looking weird and fake but aren’t. I remember when the first Pokémon movie was out in theaters how Burger King had the kids meal toys (the infamous Pokéball container one) and a few of the toys were these small plushies. Well the Gyrados toy looked a bit off and Meowth’s face looks extremely weird and squished in. And I once saw a poor Eevee with a flattened face in a GameStop. And I know I’ve seen at least one where the eyes looked mismatched because of the direction the were pointing.

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
They look real enough; there appears to be too much detail for CGI.

If they're officially licensed is the question, & that's hard to say. If I could see them in person, I'd look at the tag. Nintendo's been putting holographic tags on things of late, & those are hard to fake.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
The fact that the UPC codes on the tags of the second one are blurred despite the rest of the photo being in focus makes me suspicious. I suppose you could contact the sellers and ask for those UPC codes, and then see if they match up to the UPC codes of the genuine licensed product, but to be fully honest I'm not even 100% sure where you'd find that information for a Pokemon plushie.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
The only real way to tell if you got a fake is if you see it in person. As I said before, sometimes official merchandise looks fake because of how it was manufactured. I think there have even been cases where official merchandise of Pokémon had the wrong coloring. I mean look at this poor Mew plushie!

98620cd409208c754cddfa39b1da1c5a214739f2_hq.jpg

It’s definitely a real officially licensed plushie from the early days as the hang tag has the right colors and isn’t blurred and you can make out the TM even though the pic itself is a bit blurry, due to resizing, which bootlegs don’t bother using.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
It’s definitely a real officially licensed plushie from the early days as the hang tag has the right colors and isn’t blurred and you can make out the TM even though the pic itself is a bit blurry, due to resizing, which bootlegs don’t bother using.

Aren't Mew's eyes supposed to be further apart? He looks like he's trying to do a death glare.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Aren't Mew's eyes supposed to be further apart? He looks like he's trying to do a death glare.
Yes but this was one of the first official Pokémon plushies ever. Point is there’s quite a bit of officially licensed Pokémon merchandise out there that look off and fake. Even those Topps cards depicting scenes from the anime and first movie could be questioned whether or not they’re real since they called Marill “Pikablu.”

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Yes but this was one of the first official Pokémon plushies ever. Point is there’s quite a bit of officially licensed Pokémon merchandise out there that look off and fake. Even those Topps cards depicting scenes from the anime and first movie could be questioned whether or not they’re real since they called Marill “Pikablu.”
That mew is more like a angry and tiny mewtwo