• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are they really good friends?

Char1016

Pokemon Communist
So, anyone thought when will Ash leave Pikachu or when will Pikachu leave Ash?
They traveled together for a very long time and seems that they are really good friends and they will always be together.
Maybe in new episodes that aren't shown, Ash will leave Pikachu and start a new adventure himself. (Maybe he catches a new pokemon from D/P or maybe he keeps Pikachu anymore).

kaibachaoschampion

Feather Trainer
Pikachu will never leave Ash, lol. The show would go downhill. Otherwise he would have left it when he went to Hoenn like he did the other Pokémon.

Lupin

Legendary Pokémon Coordinator
Pikachu was Ash's first pokemon so he will never leave Ash. They have that "special bond" that all trainers get with their first pokemon.

Plus if Pikachu did leave, the dub version will lose its marketing symbol

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
Pikachu's too marketable to be written off the show. No matter how much we Americans whine about how he's annoying, the Japanese know better than to get rid of him.

typhlo

im with stupid^
pikachu might leave ash but noone would watch pokemon as much i personally dont really like pikachu

Silver Ryu

~Aqua Dragon~
Yeah, Pikachu will never leave. Whine and b*tch about it all you want, but Pika is staying.

It might be annoying sometimes, but I generally like it.

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
As pokemon go, Pikachu and Meowth are the last dangling threads of the original series. Neither are ever likely to leave.

Char1016

Pokemon Communist
Ok, thanks. I thought like this too since almost everyone likes Pikachu, and it is Ash's best friend.

Lupin

Legendary Pokémon Coordinator
fidani said:
Ok, thanks. I thought like this too since almost everyone likes Pikachu, and it is Ash's best friend.

Actually, about 80% of the fan population hate Pikachu

Jason Park

The Steel Master
I don't think it's likely because they are best pals. Gees, I just wish Ash would evolve Pikachu. >.<

Lil Brother

Just kinda there.
Lupin said:
Actually, about 80% of the fan population hate Pikachu
...who makes up these stupid percentages, anyway?

Lots of people like Pikachu. It's cute and cool-looking in a Digimon way. And it's nowhere near as super-uber as everyone says. So it sends Team Rocket lasting off again every other episode. Whoo-hoo. Hot dog vendor carts can do that. Pikachu loses a lot in things like gym battles. The only reason it beat Drake's Dragonite was becasue of the team effort that damaged it beforehand.

Yeah, people whine because they hate anything they see a lot of, but Pikachu's really a good mascot in a lot of peoples' eyes.

[/RANT]

But, yeah, I doubt Pikachu will be going bye-bye in the forseeable future. But who knows what kind of "wtf?!" plot twists the writers could do at the end of the series?

pikachu!

pikachu?
pikachu will never leave if pikachu would leave the show would mess up..

K

Krod

I don't think he'll leave, but pikachu should have evolved a long time ago, kinda like meowth

I wouldn't want Pikachu to leave, and it's not gonna even if I wanted it to.

Personally, I like Pikachu. Apart from being a very capable battler(TRUTH. DON'T DENY IT UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT), Pikachu is a marketing symbol. However many people dislike the little guy, a lot more adore it. I don't see why not. It's a decent-looking Pokémon, and a bit more noteworthy than some random Pokémon like Gastly or Exeggcute -_-

Also, people who hate Pikachu just because it's popular need to get over themselves, IMO. Opposing popular things is seen as some Uber-cool tactic nowadays. Most people just do it because they want to be different. IMO, at least, it's really idiotic and woeful attempt at garnering attention. It's pretty much the same thing with iPods. They work, people like them, so why bother hating them just to be unique, individual, or whatever sort of half-arsed excuse you want to come up with?

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
Krod said:
I don't think he'll leave, but pikachu should have evolved a long time ago, kinda like meowth

Either you think the anime works in the same way as the games, or you just want everything to be different. In either case, you're not getting your wish either.

Face it, folks, Pikachu's always gonna be a main character. Who cares if you don't like him? It's just a show, you should really just relax.

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
At the end of the day, who likes Pikachu the most? Who buys the merchandise? Who gives the best ratings? Small children. We're not really part of the grand scheme, which is a shame.