• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are they the same?

Pachirissu!!

I gots me a Pikachu.
Okay, I just have 1 question. Are the games released in America and the UK the same? So could you trade from an American Ruby to an English Sapphire for example?

Bonsly-Bud

Also Known as Bonsli
welll, we both speak the same language, except we'll say 'wanna chill at my house while some british might be all "fancy some crumpets at my residence?" Just Kidding. I think the only difference between our languages is the slang and wording of things, so it'll probably work out for trading. Try to trade and see.

Starrbuck06

Actually we're not all tea and crumpets you come to the UK and you'll see what real living is, look up a program called 'Shameless' that will teach you the real UK life, the good old british snobbery went out the window with Margeret Thatcher. Anyways why was you asking about R/S this is D/P discussion, and no they don't come out the same time they are released on i guess 1 continant at a time.

Pachirissu!!

I gots me a Pikachu.
Well, that's the point. I don't have an American game, only an English one (or 7 :p) but I don't want to waste money to an import if I can't trade between the games. So my question is, are the American and the English version exactly the same? Or can you trade between them? (Asking to people who have ever traded (or not) from past games)

aipomkong

prophecy fulfilled
You can trade from US ADV Game to a EUR/UK ADV Game. Just like you will be able to trade from US D/P to EUR/UK D/P. However you probably won't be able to trade from EUR/UK ADV Game to US D/P, and vice versa.

Starrbuck06

D/P are the same in the sense they are english but, the GBA carts are recognised as UK and US carts so putting a GBA cart in for Pal Park on D/P will not work. You will need a US GBA cart.

welll, we both speak the same language, except we'll say 'wanna chill at my house while some british might be all "fancy some crumpets at my residence?" Just Kidding. I think the only difference between our languages is the slang and wording of things, so it'll probably work out for trading. Try to trade and see.

I take that as a harsh remark no of us talk like that we're not all posh only rich people talk like that and for the record crumpets are disgusting!!!

Pachirissu!!

I gots me a Pikachu.
Okay, so if I trade my UK version Pokémon to an US version then I will be able to trade them over to an US diamond?

Starrbuck06

i think you can trade US to UK GBA carts but you can't trade UK GBA carts to D/P, so if you have both US and UK GBA carts then trade them from UK to US then insert the US cart into your DS with D/P it will work then. so if you do have a US one then i suppose you could import US D/P but they are making it difficult to do that, not many places will import the US D/P. Nintendo have blocked it for some reason.