• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are we ever going to see Mega Mewtwo X?

Xeogran

Marshadow Fan
It kinda feels weird that they introduced two new Mega Forms for Mewtwo back in the Sixth gen, yet we only got a movie with one.

Mega Mewtwo Y also starred in a movie where nobody knew what Mega Evolution is, so it came more as an ordinary transformation like Shaymin for example.

But what about MMX? Do they believe that his cameo in the Diancie Movie's Ending scene was enough to count as an appearance?

I've liked this form since it's debut, and kinda disappointed there's no signs of it making an appearance in the actual series. Design-wise, It also looks more fitting for the classic Mewtwo than for the new one so I hope they'd bring THAT one back.

Last edited:

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Well I always believed that the final season of the Ash anime would be him winning a league and challenging the E4, as well as taking on Team Rocket and Giovanni as a whole. Given Giovanni's history with Mewtwo, I think the perfect conclusion would be Giovanni controlling Mewtwo unwillingly and forcing it to Mega Evolve to MMX. Or another scenario would be Ash struggling against Giovanni, and Mewtwo comes over and helps Ash fight Giovanni, and turns into MMX on its own (since MMY showed Mewtwo doesn't need a Mega Stone).

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Most Megas were only seen as cameos in the Mega Evolution Specials, not counting the ones Alain personally fought, of course.

So no, there's little reason to assume it'll get proper focus.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Now that they are no longer the hot property, probably not

Leonhart

Imagineer
Mega Evolutions have taken a backseat in general now that Z-Moves are the hot commodity. If Mewtwo ever shows up again, we might see Mega Mewtwo X, although I wouldn't hold my breath.

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
Probably not although there's a small chance if they bring back Mewtwo from M1 and make him mega evolve into Mega Mewtwo X.

k6666

Pikachu Fan
if RR happen in Anime why not give Mewtwo X to Giovanni ?

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
He would have been unstoppable if that happened especially if Mewtwo obeyed him willingly as well.

Not if Ash has Greninja and Incineroar with him, Mewtwo couldn't touch them.
Mewtwo wouldn't willingly work for Giovanni anyways, he'd have some sort of control over him that would end up broken.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
Not if Ash has Greninja and Incineroar with him, Mewtwo couldn't touch them.
Mewtwo wouldn't willingly work for Giovanni anyways, he'd have some sort of control over him that would end up broken.

You could expect that Mewtwo would have an updated moveset as well but still OS Mewtwo already knew Shadow Ball and Counter so it could still handle them both.
But yeah I agree with the second part.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Mega Evolutions have taken a backseat in general now that Z-Moves are the hot commodity. If Mewtwo ever shows up again, we might see Mega Mewtwo X, although I wouldn't hold my breath.

I want these "hot commodities" to still be relevant in later gens. Both in the anime and in the games

Leonhart

Imagineer
if RR happen in Anime why not give Mewtwo X to Giovanni ?

Sakaki would need to have a Mewtwo to achieve this, so unless he orders a new one to be made (because he has no chance of snagging the original from my viewpoint), I doubt he'll be the one who'll showcase Mega Mewtwo X.

k6666

Pikachu Fan
Sakaki would need to have a Mewtwo to achieve this, so unless he orders a new one to be made (because he has no chance of snagging the original from my viewpoint), I doubt he'll be the one who'll showcase Mega Mewtwo X.

he could capture mewtwo and mind control it and force its mega Evolution like evil mega evolution in volcanion Movie ?

Leonhart

Imagineer
he could capture mewtwo and mind control it and force its mega Evolution like evil mega evolution in volcanion Movie ?

Sakaki already tried capturing Mewtwo in the Mewtwo special from Jouto however, and if I remember correctly, Mewtwo erased part of Sakaki's memory during that special, so Sakaki might not even remember anything about Mewtwo anymore in the first place.

Leonhart

Imagineer
We got to see Mega Gyarados and Mega Steelix, even though they're not the new thing anymore.

That seemed like something that was done simply to enhance Kasumi and Takeshi, but as far as Mega Mewtwo X goes, it's hard to imagine why Mewtwo would show up in SM.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
In the main series proper? Doubt it. In a special? It's more plausible, but still a big "if". But I imagine they may be hesitant in bringing back Mewtwo for anything anime-related due to the backlash with the 16th movie (and it also didn't do very well compared to other Pokémon movies).