• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are wonder cards good for anything?

misingnoglic

I noticed that on my soul silver, I've used up all my wondercards, and I can't get any more events, but I can just throw the wondercards away. SO

1) Why are we only allowed to have 3
2) Do they have any use, or is throwing them away consequence free?

BCVM22

Getting rid of them once you've obtained their gift to you does absolutely nothing.

BCVM22

There is no point in keeping them.

Memory issues limit the number to 3, most likely.

Typhlosionvsworld

Y u mad bro?
wonder cards only describe the event
they are useless and annoying so do with them what you will

shadowdorothy

Actually wonder cards can be used again, but not for you.
If a friend misses an event then if you both use mystery gift and you have the wonder cards then your friend might be able to get the corresponding event pokemon from it.

I feel like I'm the only one that reads manuals sometimes.

shadowdorothy

You mean it isn't in the American version?
I thought it was? In fact I'm pretty sure some events can be transferred to a friends game via wonder card. But only locally.

I don't have any friends in the area to trade wonder cards with so I can't see for myself.

AzukanAsimbu

Petal Paladin
Yea ive never tried it but i think u can use em for mystery gift

BCVM22

You mean it isn't in the American version?
I thought it was? In fact I'm pretty sure some events can be transferred to a friends game via wonder card. But only locally.

Only the Japanese Secret Key event for Platinum has this ability. Few others if any and none of the recent events of the last year or two are able.

BCVM22

wait what? We can only have 3 event pokemon...?
i'm kind of worried now...

No, no, no, no, no.

Getting rid of them once you've obtained their gift to you does absolutely nothing.

There is no point in keeping them.

wonder cards only describe the event
they are useless and annoying so do with them what you will

They are useless. If you wana keep them because you love the event then keep it but no other reason realy

Not to single you out, but how does something this incredibly simple inspire such confusion?

silver wing 22

Storm king
wonder cards are just for show once u get the event pokemon u can just delete that card

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Ty :D
I still don't get why only 3, but whatever D:
In previous generations, you had to make sure you had room for the Pokémon in your Party. You got the Event right there and then. Soft-Resetting was impossible.

Memory constraints, and the fact there where only 3 Pokémon you had to get Via Wondercard. It could just be a nice and easy number for programmers to use.

Pansy :]

anustart
deleting it does nothing but give you enough space for another one, and you can only have three due to memory issues