• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are you a closet Pokefanatic?

RedMage23

The Red Mage
I just play Pokemon... it's not an obsession or anything... I don't care who knows... it's just a freakin video game, not witchcraft.

I don't like playing my DS outside because even though it's main feature is that it is portable i just don't like the idea of it being outside. I don't mind opening pokemon cards and talking about it in public. Everyone in my college class knows i like it, if they got a problem then that's theirs not mine.

My friend often tries to get away from a pokemon conversation and i'm like "why? i was enjoying talking to you about this" Apparently i talk about it too much. I remind him that i sometimes think he talks about different games for just as long. Games that are obviously widely accepted by older people therefore it's ok to talk about them for longer. <_<

I agree with RedMage. People often treat it like it's witchcraft or a serious taboo which is ridiculous.

Crobat51

Gentlemen!!!
I don't care what other people think of me playing pokemon, i mean sometimes at my college lobby ill play pokemon haha. Im not ashamed of what i do in my life and i don't hide it

Nitro123 (PG)

Needs a user title
Only me and my family know. While everyone from my school plays Call of Duty, and my friends play Halo, I'm at home playing Poke'mon. I'm probably the oldest person in the school that plays Poke'mon. :)

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
All people who know me know I like pokemon. I'm starting to hide it though, I'm almost 16. I don't want girls not interested in me because of pokemon :(

Manafi's Dream

フェアリータイプタイム
All people who know me know I like pokemon. I'm starting to hide it though, I'm almost 16. I don't want girls not interested in me because of pokemon :(

I wouldn't worry about it. If they don't like you because you like Pokemon, then they are too shallow to give it a try.

taihank07

ibattle II
lol

its not so much a secret, cause i dont go that hard for it but when a friends come and just so happens to see my game out idc, i just be like yea im 23 and still play pokemon ... and what. im confident in myself like that u know. and i still get chicks

Manafi's Dream

フェアリータイプタイム
I just realized that today when I was interviewed, my Pokemon bracelet was probably visible. I hope that won't be an issue later on...

Kuraikarasu

Isn't that Dandy?
some seniors at my highschool still play and are super obsessed with pokemon along with a lot of people noone is made fun of for playing it still because they all played it at one time anyway

the only people that i've experienced that sawit was childish are the 8th graders and down to people 30+ , I just tell them I like the games cause they're fun and that they can %$&# off

to each his/her own am I right =D let the haters hate

Black_Cross

Anomaly of Fear
I really do not care if anyone knows or critiques me on it. It's my business no one others. If I cared what people thought of me and what I do, I honestly couldn't call myself an individual.

If the Topic comes up I will openly say "Ya I love Pokemon," nothing to hide here. Why hide something you like, right?

Kurloz Makara

Red Death
I used to be one, but not anymore. Haters can go eat cow %&$@ for all I care. :D

PsychedelicJellyfish

formerly R. New
I generally keep it quiet. It's mostly out of force of habit by now, as my current set of friends wouldn't really care what I like. Unless I liked torturing and killing innocents or something.

blink849

I'm 20, and I openly like pokemon. I have a few stuffed pokemon in my room, I openly talk about being a fanatic of the games, and I sent my ex girlfriend a stuffed buneary before. I even mention it to girls that I talk to, and they think its cute. My best friend doesn't care either, he loves the games almost as much as I do, and we both grew up with pokemon.

XCSheehan

Marine
Everyone knows I like pokemon, I talk about the games and the anime all the time. The hard part is finding other people who like pokemon in rl.

XCSheehan

Marine
Everyone knows I like pokemon, I talk about the games and the anime all the time. The hard part is finding other people who like pokemon in rl.

Moneyy

INACTIVE
I probably am. I'm surprised that most people don't like it, it's just a video game. I think the Anime gave people the view that it is only for small kids.

TotodileCharizard

I'm totally a closet Pokefanatic when it comes to talking to friends in RL. Back in elementary/middle school when Pokemon first came out, it ruled the school for years. It also ruled my childhood, like 'Pokemon' would be the one word that would sum up my entire childhood probably. xD I'm still absolutely crazy about it now, but all of my friends that used to like it don't anymore and others think it would be really weird that someone my age still enjoys Pokemon. My family is aware that I still like it, but they don't know just how crazy about it I am. >_<

AceTrainerAnna

Starting ShinyHunter
Yes, I am. You see, I think that there's no shame in playing Pokemon, and if people have a problem with it, than oh well. But....you see, I don't live in a very nice area...and unfortunatly, pokemon is considered childish/stupid here. So if I were to be more open about it(which I really wish I could be), than I would probably either a)get the crap beaten out of me, b)have my games and such stolen(I bring them to school to play during free time, though no one sees), or c)be brutally bullied. Or a combination of those. It's ridiculous.

*sigh* Whatever. The only people who know are my mom, dad, and sister. My mom and dad think I'm crazy and should stop playing, and my sister mocks me for it. But it doesn't really matter, as long as I can keep convincing them to get me more Pokemon stuff. I still love Pokemon, so I'll keep playing.

Aquadon

TCG Trainer

I wouldn't worry about that. The girl I'm currently.... well it's complicated, but the point is that the first time we met I recited to her the first 151 Pokemon in order and she thought it was Awesome. I started on Gen II though and she stopped me; said the first 151 was enough.