• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are you a "Snitch"?

Snitch?

• Yup

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Nope

Votes: 41 87.2%

• Total voters

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
I only snitch if the situation is serious enough that 1) I won't seem like a petty asshole for snitching, and 2)I actually care enough to tell someone else about the situation.

Noheart

The Abysswalker
If it's something bad, no they shouldn't.

If the situation has nothing to do with a person, and doesn't affect that person in any way at all, and that person snitches, that person is a nosy little prick who should be shot.

Murder is the only exception.

Duck Fella

Little Ninja
I don't snitch unless it's something that could seriously harm me or something. I don't snitch on people flicking stuff at me or anything.

Penguinist Trainer

depends on the situation...

there are certain times when it is more beneficial to keep my mouth shut.

I think the only times i would ever snitch is if i witnessed violence against a woman. hurting women just bothers me like nothing else. though to be honest, i might feel compelled to intervene rather than simply call for help.

Nice to know jackasses still exist in the world. lol Maybe the moron who got snitched on shouldn't be doing what they are doing. Sometimes they deserve it.

Wait. So I'm a jackass for wanting people who don't know how to mind their own business to get their asses kicked like THEY deserve?

I thought it was the other way around, but OKAY.

Maybe the 'moron' didn't know there was some fucking dumbass snitcher nearby, and was just doing what they want. I mean there can't be that many in the world. Poor 'moron.'

GengarsRevenge

If one person were going to really hurt or do something really bad to someone else I'd tell them about it. Bot not if it's something unimportant.

charizardfan

Generally, no. I hate getting involved in affairs that are not my own. People had just better realize that if they get caught doing something stupid, I'm not going to stick up for them at all. I'll claim I know nothing and leave it at that.

That being said, there are cases where I'd have to break my own personal rule and "snitch". If you pose a physical danger to someone else (or many other people), I'll be telling your parents/the police/the U.S. military/whoever the hell it concerns exactly what you're doing.

If you try and get me involved at ALL, I will be snitching. If I hate you, I will be snitching at every last slip-up.

Ichi

swagswagswagswagswag
I don't really give two fucks about reputation, so if I see something that bothers me enough I'm going to do something about it in some way, whether it concerns me or not. Doesn't mean I get involved in everybody's business and issues, but if something I don't like is made known to me I'm not going to ignore it either. If people don't like it, come at me bro.

Silly example. Four friends, A B C D. Friend C and D are dating, and friend C is best friends with friend B. C cheats on D with B. B tells A and A tells D. Is A a snitch or is A a good friend?

Profesco

gone gently
If the situation has nothing to do with a person, and doesn't affect that person in any way at all, and that person snitches, that person is a nosy little prick who should be shot.

Murder is the only exception.

Each person has a responsibility to primarily do no harm and ultimately promote the good. In any situation where someone is consciously upending that responsibility, it inherently becomes the responsiblity of others to act in a way that fulfills this moral obligation. No person deserves to be harmed or killed for acting morally.

Wait. So I'm a jackass for wanting people who don't know how to mind their own business to get their asses kicked like THEY deserve?

I thought it was the other way around, but OKAY.

Maybe the 'moron' didn't know there was some fucking dumbass snitcher nearby, and was just doing what they want. I mean there can't be that many in the world. Poor 'moron.'

See piekid's murder exception above. I'm sure you don't really think that a snitch who stops a murder from occuring deserves to get his rump wrecked, Kit Kat, and that's the sort of thing HoennMaster was replying to.

In any case, if a snitch deserves to be hurt for trying to set moral accounts straight, how much pain, proportionately, does the person doing something wrong and getting snitched on deserve? It must be tons. Regardless of whether one is snitched on, found out legitimately by a concerned party, or not discovered in any way at all, doing something you oughtn't be doing renders you accountable for doing it. Any realized potential consequences that follow directly from misbehavior are fully, fairly earned consequences. Transfer of the blame is abhorrent.

It would conceivably be wiser to limit the amount of wrongdoing across all fields, which would begin with the person doing something inappropriate to, quite simply, not do it in the first place.

Get out of here...

Silly example. Four friends, A B C D. Friend C and D are dating, and friend C is best friends with friend B. C cheats on D with B. B tells A and A tells D. Is A a snitch or is A a good friend?

Shades of gray. In cases of mediation like this, the first option is always to give person C every chance, suggestion, poke, prod, and persuasion to come clean to person D of their own accord. Only if person C has no intention of being honest (in a responsibly timely manner) does person A need to tell person D the truth.