• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are you choosing the male or the female trainer? Marina or the new girl?

Male or female trainer?

• Male

Votes: 740 58.0%
  • Female

Votes: 148 11.6%
  • I want Marina!

Votes: 282 22.1%
  • New girl is better

Votes: 105 8.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragard

I wasn't even there.
Guy character. I'm against guys who pick girls and vise-versa.

ap13095

Noobslayer
I pick the female character the second or third time through, and just name her after my cousins or something (they're six or so.). They like it.

m190049

Local psychopath
Seeing how I'm going to get both games, and possible an import...
Well, I'm definitely going to use one of each when it comes to the two English copies.

For the Japanese copy I MIGHT get, it depends whether or not the Girl's sprites are ugly. =P
As long as the sprites are nuetral or better, I'll chose her.
If they suck, I'll go for Gold.

Also, as of now, I like Kris more than the New Girl...
(MARINA = ANIME CHARACTER. Like Ash is to Red. The girl's name is Kris. >=( )
Although we'll see.

TicoPokemonMaster

If I were to buy the game ( i never bought the Kanto remakes, and out of the 3 versions of the Johto region that I own only my Gold game has lost the internal battery, so I could still play my Silver and Crystal versions) I would choose the boy. Gold looks a little weird in the face but I could get use to it. It new girl that I gets me angry. Kris/marina may have come in Crystal but she could have been easily placed in the game. If the were going to replace Kris/Marina then why not replace Gold and Silver as well. I would believe that the battle tower will not make an apperance seeing as it was also created in Crystal

ap13095

Noobslayer
I don't know - I think they'll keep the BT, although that may be it for Crystal.

Umi Mizuno

☠ one girl army
I don't like the new girl. :( I want Marina dammit. I'll play Gold, I just really don't like the new girl. Her character design is just so... different (in a bad way too <<). I don't think I can enjoy HG/SS if I play as her. D: MARINA, COME BACK. T_T

Oathblivion

Dragonite says "Hi."
Gold has the best character design (especially the remake version... epic.), so I'm going with him. It also kills the RPG experience for me if I pick the opposite gender to play as. Dunno, I like to get into the game I guess. :/

Kris' blue pointy hair always kind of annoyed me, as well as that half-vest/coat thing. New person, I assume we're going with Soul (and since when was the FR/LG girl called Leaf? Did Blue just die or something? I've been out of the loop. o.o) has those funny Mario overalls, a hat big enough to hide multiple explosives under, and a huge carrying bag. Losing one for the other doesn't really bug me, though I have to say Kris looked more of a trainer than Soul.

Also, I remember when everyone was going crazy about the D/P protagonists' appearance, especially the male, whose name I can't remember at the moment. They did grow on us though, and I expect the same will happen in a few weeks here, when Soul-what's-her-face is accepted as the norm.

Last edited:

StrongBad456

Beginning Trainer
I'm playing as the boy character. I'm used to playing as him and it wouldn't feel quite as nostalgic if I played as the girl character.

Munchlax66

That new girl looks so stupid. Why did they replace Crystal with this weird looking brown haired girl? What was the point?

Gold looks silly in that picture. But I'll be using him.

ap13095

Noobslayer
[She] has those funny Mario overalls, a hat big enough to hide multiple explosives under, and a huge carrying bag.

Maybe she'll sacrifice herself at the climax of the game by blowing herself up, thus doing... something?

I kid.

Tomato-kun

I'm clueless ♥
That new girl looks so stupid. Why did they replace Crystal with this weird looking brown haired girl? What was the point?

Gold looks silly in that picture. But I'll be using him.

She wasn't in Gold or Silver. This isn't a Crystal remake,so no Kris.
I also presume,no Crystal updates..Oh wait,the updates are there then..

(and since when was the FR/LG girl called Leaf? Did Blue just die or something? I've been out of the loop. o.o)

It's always been Leaf. That's her name according to the inner data. Leaf. She would be Blue,if she was in the first generation. But,they took her out due to the GB not being able to hold all the data.

Mark_Chaos

WARP EVOLUTION!
Knowing my brother, he'll get Heart Gold and I'll get Soul Silver. So which ever one he picks, I'll do the reverse. We've been doing it since Ruby and Sapphire. (But the original Silver default was male when I played it, so I chose female for Crystal)

Pokefan0234

Ka-Ra-Tay!
I'm picking the girl only because I'm a girl. They should never have replaced Marina with that new girl with a really freaky hat.

ap13095

Noobslayer
And who knows what's under it...? Bombs, anyone?

manaphee

新たなる誓い
I must say that May looks more Tom-boyish than Dawn, and a little more than this girl.
Don't get me wrong, Heart(?) is a cute character and I do like her design. Kris was epic win in my opinion and I am quite upset that she only appeared in Crystal. It would be a great decision if they kept Kris in.

But this is Gold and Silver, and they didn't have a female character then, so I guess they aren't going to make it seem like a Crystal remake with Kris in it.

KKInu

And who knows what's under it...? Bombs, anyone?

Please stop making jokes about that, its getting old, there are people out there who wear hats like that. Sure, its not the nicest looking hat and I certianly don't like it but its just a bad joke -_-'

Status
Not open for further replies.