• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are you choosing the male or the female trainer? Marina or the new girl?

Male or female trainer?

• Male

Votes: 740 58.0%
  • Female

Votes: 148 11.6%
  • I want Marina!

Votes: 282 22.1%
  • New girl is better

Votes: 105 8.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomato-kun

I'm clueless ♥
And who knows what's under it...? Bombs, anyone?

No way..
Guns and bombs,obviously.

Does anyone else find Gold un-nerving?

He looks..Odd..
So cute,and happy. Unlike his 2nd generation look. He looks un-serious..Like Ash.
Not even Red looked so happy.

Chaoscrippler

Like always, I'll be the male character. I'll admit that I'm somewhat disappointed that we won't be seeing Kris again, but I can get used to the new female.

ShadowWes

< I can fly! Weeeee!
Like always, I'll be the male character. I'll admit that I'm a but disappointed that we won't be seeing Kris again, but I can get used to the new female.

yeah everyone is going to get used to her and the complaining is going to stop. I remember I hated the DPP boys looks but I got used to it.

ap13095

Noobslayer
Please stop making jokes about that, its getting old, there are people out there who wear hats like that. Sure, its not the nicest looking hat and I certianly don't like it but its just a bad joke -_-'

Someone else brought it up in one of the other threads; I thought it was funny. If it bothers you though, sorry; I'll refrain from such comments in the future.

I've just realized the biggest problem with Soul. She's just so... different... from all the other girls, in clothing style.

manaphee

新たなる誓い
Like always, I'll be the male character. I'll admit that I'm a but disappointed that we won't be seeing Kris again, but I can get used to the new female.

I can live with Heart.
It's going to happen and there's no way anyone can change that. Organize petitions and Nintendo will just ignore them if they artwork has been released and they're already programming the games.

Trust me, at least one person will try to start a petition against Heart.

Tomato-kun

I'm clueless ♥
Gold..I can't get over him,somethings off about him.

Why exactly is everyone being so controversal about Heart anyway?

Last edited:

ap13095

Noobslayer
He's too happy, and his shorts are slightly longer then the original. And he looks somewhat younger.

manaphee

新たなる誓い
Someone else brought it up in one of the other threads; I thought it was funny. If it bothers you though, sorry; I'll refrain from such comments in the future.

I've just realized the biggest problem with Soul. She's just so... different... from all the other girls, in clothing style.

If you noticed, she doesn't match Gold's style either. Kris fit perfectly with the "ready-for-adventure" style just like Gold.

Heart has that sort of look that seems like she doesn't belong as a playable character, like she should be the gym leader instead of Whitney.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Male, Lawrence.

Heart has that sort of look that seems like she doesn't belong as a playable character, like she should be the gym leader instead of Whitney.

She looks like someone who teams up with you for help in DPPt, like Kira and Cheryl. I'm glad they are utilizing the NE Pichu, too.

Mrmagius

~Deity of Valleity~
Actually, thats a good question, what is new girls name? Heart? Soul? Something compleely different.

Me? I'm going with boy, since I'm a boy.

Also, as a sidenote, I wish we had a female protagonist with boyishly short hair, trousers (not short-shorts or a skirt) and NO hat. At least then we'd have the first not-so-annoyingly-feminine-and-generic female protagonist.

Tomato-kun

I'm clueless ♥
He's too happy, and his shorts are slightly longer then the original. And he looks somewhat younger.

Younger than ten?

So..He IS a shorts boy!

:( I wonder,why the heck would anyone wear the type of clothing Heart wears if they're traveling two regions with a bunch of monsters?
It doesn't look like traveling clothing.

Her name..I suspect her name will be Soul,and Gold Heart. They always give characters default names like that,the boy is the "first" game,the girl the "second". Unless they give them "actual" names like Brendan and May,but I doubt it.

Offtopic: What type of hat does Heart have? I want to buy one like that,but I don't know the name.

Last edited:

ap13095

Noobslayer
A nice quality for the next generation would be to have various templates for each gender, with minor details like skin and such able to be edited beforehand.

And she looks too un-adventurey. That's why she looks so weird.

Surfing_Pikachu

Sephiroth_Strife

I'm gonna be the male trainer, especially since i'm a guy. I'd prefer the girl from Crystal Version as the female option though. This one looks like some kinda uber-peppy woman that just blew $20,000 on hats because she just won a lucky lotto ticket. (You will be my hero if you know what I'm quoting)

Sailor_Tenchi

A nice quality for the next generation would be to have various templates for each gender, with minor details like skin and such able to be edited beforehand.

I would love that. (I liked how we got to pick a trainer type in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum to be how others would see us.)

And yeah, she doesn't really look like the traveling type.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
What in the holy f*** happened to Kris?!?!?

NINTENDO NEEDS TO BE SHAKEN OVER 9000 TIMES FOR THIS CRIME!!!!

The new girl looks like one of those porely cared for retarded people you see a Wal-Mart, with they're uncaring parents.

Short OVERALLS?!? of all things, it had to be a HUGE mother freakin hat, and blue jean, short overalls! This new chick is gonna get b**** slapped by Kris for taking her spot, most definetly.

What leave out Kris, though? what was wrong with her?

But, let bagons be bagons, and ill guess ill just have to settle with the japanese being interested in wierd crap and putting it into the pokemon games...

on SoulSilver: the boy, named Clark, Silver, or Kal-El
on HeartGold: that ugly chick thats not Kris, named Crystal, Jody, or some other girly name....

LightingKimba

Listenin' t'Dragons!

Pippi Longstocking was un-adventurey? ;P

And honestly, I think you guys are severly exaggerating the hat thing. It's no bigger than most hats of the similar style. I didn't see that many complaints with Dawn's bag, goodness.

ap13095

Noobslayer
Lol - Let Bagons be Bagons. I like it.

ap13095

Noobslayer
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I guess. But to me, Krys always will look better.

Status
Not open for further replies.