1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Are you choosing the male or the female trainer? Marina or the new girl?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation IV Discussion' started by Slowking[George], May 12, 2009.

?

Male or female trainer?

1. Male

740 vote(s)
    58.0%
  2. Female

148 vote(s)
    11.6%
  3. I want Marina!

282 vote(s)
    22.1%
  4. New girl is better

105 vote(s)
    8.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Surfing_Pikachu

Surfing_Pikachu ____________

Excuse my ignorance, but is Marina the same person as Kris? That's what it seems like. (don't yell it me if im wrong plz)

2. redrunner89

redrunner89 Serebii War Leader

male all the way, the "soul" isn't the greatest female character, but they couldn't use kris (Marina) since these games have nothing to do with remaking the crystal game.

3. ShadowWes

ShadowWes < I can fly! Weeeee!

pretty much. Marina is the anime version of Kris

4. itsme

itsme (ノ@皿@)ノ ~ lolwut?

If the girl didn't have that misplaced ribbon, I would have girl. Also, wtf is wrong with the guy's pants?

5. Trainmaster718

Trainmaster718 ORAS is here!

Your right, the new girl doesn't look like she's from Johto. And jeez, what's up with that hat? I miss Marina, but there's nothing we can do about it, it's already been decided by the Nintendo Lords haha.

But maybe...just maaaybe...they'll make a 3rd game(like cyrstal) and Marina will be in it!!! Wishfull thinking, but I doubt it will happen.

Last edited: May 13, 2009
  6. Olympichero191

Olympichero191 Embraced by Hatred..

Umm.. I'm not sure. I'm getting both games so I think I'll choose the boy for my Silver Version and the girl for my Gold, but there's no sprite for the girl so... I may change my mind depending on the sprite.

I do like the new girl though. But I don't think my choice would be any different if Marina were the female character.

7. mr_one_eye

mr_one_eye Active Member

maybe marina is going to be like dawn, as in apear a few times through-out the game and play a small part???(i still want her as a rival/me)

8. Waffles

Waffles WACKY DELLY YEAH

The hat needs to go. Of course, character customization is probably a long way off. I'll just pick the male character.

9. Mrmagius

Mrmagius ~Deity of Valleity~

Why does everyone keep saying they "couldn't" use kris, as if that's perfectly justifiable?

I don't see anything stopping them, Leaf wasn't in the original RBY game but in the remakes she was there. Marina wasn't in the original G/S but in the remake she could be there. Really what's stopping them

Nothing, thats what. They just wanted to make more "eye candy". You may call me sick for using that phrase for a video game character, buts thats an actual reason that the anime used for dumping may or misty I believe, which is quite sickeningly misogynistic.

10. Tomato-kun

Tomato-kun I'm clueless ♥

She may not have "good" fashion skills,but I don't see anything wrong with her. She looks like a fun protaganist to play as. Giant hat and all. Though,she does seem a little old for overalls

11. Oshtoby

Oshtoby Totodile, whoooo!

Why so much anger at the new female trainer design?
    [​IMG]
    I mean, look at it. It's just as good as the other trainers of past games. In fact, looks kinda like May mixed with Leaf.

12. Cain Nightroad

Cain Nightroad Daydreaming

I'll choose male, as I always do. Having Marina would have added to the game's nostalgia, but I suppose we'll make do. I'm not all that fond of the female sprite, but it isn't unbearable.

13. Tomato-kun

Tomato-kun I'm clueless ♥

Correct.
    People just dislike the fact they took away Kris,they found her nogastalic and important to the franchise since she was the first female playable character.

Oh,and they dislike her fashion sense for some reason. She seems creative and unique to me. You don't see Pokemon trainers with a fashion sense like her.

14. KKInu

KKInu Well-Known Member

Not enjoying the hate either. I mean, yeah, I'm not s happy as I would've been if they revamped Kris instead of making a new character, but jeez, complaining isn't gonna change anything so you may as well state your opinion once and then try to get used to it.

People have thus far stated they don't like her because a. not as good looking as kris b. looks "creepy c. looks like a country hick d. has a stupid hat, e. looks like MARIO or TOAD, etc.

15. Icicle

Icicle Well-Known Member

It's the hat/overalls, at least for me.

I just don't like how she looks like a farm girl. The look of her with out that outfit would be fine for me.

16. Juputoru

Juputoru M-m-m-m-onobear?!

Man, Nugirl is 70% leg, 20% toothpick-width torso, and 10% head. What the hell. Her clothes aren't great either - knee socks don't look good on anybody, and her hat is just so...frilly foo-foo. And it highlights how stupid her hair looks. Oh, and she has SUSPENDERS. What the hell, is she a farmhand or something? And of COURSE her Pokegear is pink. Why WOULDN'T it be pink. ALL GIRLS LOVE PINK, RIGHT?

Fuck it, I'm playing as Kenta. He might be a guy(whereas I am a girl), and he may look like he's two years younger in HGSS than he does in GSC, but at least he's not overly girly girl/girl with NO FASHION SENSE. I'll take pink!pink!OHGODPINK!Platinum!Dawn over...that.

17. redrunner89

redrunner89 Serebii War Leader

dude are you serious, if you pick the boy the girl will be your rival in the same sense as dawn is d/p/pt. Marina will not be in the game at all, she was created for crystal not for g/s and this a g/s remake so no marina

18. Krake

Krake Flabebe's Kids

A boy, because I am one.

The new female character isn't that bad looking, but her ginormous hat looks ridiculous.

19. DeadlyLucario

DeadlyLucario Well-Known Member

I wanted to play as Marina but it looks like thats not happening. So ill have to choose the male character as the female one fails with them awful clothes IMO.

20. TicoPokemonMaster

TicoPokemonMaster Well-Known Member

How dare u compare this beast to May!!!!!!!

May, Dawn, and Leaf look way better than her.( so does kris/marina).

and what is with those eyes, it seems like she is about to kill gold.
    looking at gold and I noticed that his hair doesn't come out of the hole in the hat. If I remember didn't his G/S/C picture show his hair coming out of his hat.

Last edited: May 13, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.