• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are you choosing the male or the female trainer? Marina or the new girl?

Male or female trainer?

• Male

Votes: 740 58.0%
  • Female

Votes: 148 11.6%
  • I want Marina!

Votes: 282 22.1%
  • New girl is better

Votes: 105 8.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Icicle

I like my version of this chick better >>;; (Here, forgive my horrid lines/tracing.. I have no tablet/expertise at using a mouse/tools in photoshop) At least then she doesn't like a farm girl hick with stupid hat o.x

KKInu

How dare u compare this beast to May!!!!!!!

May, Dawn, and Leaf look way better than her.( so does kris/marina).

and what is with those eyes, it seems like she is about to kill gold.

Please note that this is a vector copy of the actual picture so its no surprise her eyes look emotionless -_-'

don't call her a beast, that's just as insulting. blame the person who thought of her outfit.

I like my version of this chick better >>;; (Here, forgive my horrid lines/tracing.. I have no tablet/expertise at using a mouse/tools in photoshop) At least then she doesn't like a farm girl hick with stupid hat o.x

well... that does look better,

though I prefer a red hoodie with the blue shorts instead of a dress and bike shorts. Definitely no overalls. THe hat wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the ribbon, I think -_-'

Icicle

Please note that this is a vector copy of the actual picture so its no surprise her eyes look emotionless -_-'

don't call her a beast, that's just as insulting. blame the person who thought of her outfit.

well... that does look better,

though I prefer a red hoodie with the blue shorts instead of a dress and bike shorts.

I agree with that. I don't have that much art skill. I'm damn surprised the hair came out as good as it did XD

And maybe if the hat wasn't so poofy, like Lucas'? I just don't wanna see "HAT THE OVERWORLD SPRITE" while playing =/

Emo_Kirlia

Female because I'm a female. It would be interesting if this girl apeared in the show but I doubt it since Leaf wasn't in the show. Maybe she could store Pokeballs and Potions and **** in her huge hat if she ran out of room in her bag. But she still looks better than Dawn. I think she's about tied with May and Leaf and I've never played Crystal before so I don't know how to compare her looks to the Crystal female character. Don't flame me because It's my opinion.
In fact, looks kinda like May mixed with Leaf.
Huh. It does now that I look at her again.

Last edited:

redrunner89

Serebii War Leader
Why does everyone keep saying they "couldn't" use kris, as if that's perfectly justifiable?

I don't see anything stopping them, Leaf wasn't in the original RBY game but in the remakes she was there. Marina wasn't in the original G/S but in the remake she could be there. Really what's stopping them

Nothing, thats what. They just wanted to make more "eye candy". You may call me sick for using that phrase for a video game character, buts thats an actual reason that the anime used for dumping may or misty I believe, which is quite sickeningly misogynistic.

whats stopping them is the introduction of "soul".

My opinion in my there is no kris (yeah i'm calling Marina kirs because this is a game discussion not an anime discussion), kris was introduced in the crystal game and was not present in g/s, and HGSS is a remake of g/s not c. and she will not be in it at all because of the introduce of soul, sould will fill the role of dawn in HGSS if you pick the male character.

Now to address why there was leaf introduced FRLG, there was no female character ever introduced in the original games so the remakes were given freedom to introduce a new female character.

HTML:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Leaf

this link show the bulbapedia article for leaf and shows that there was the potential for a female character to be introduced in the R/B/G/Y games.

Icicle

Female because I'm a female. It would be interesting if this girl apeared in the show but I doubt it since Leaf wasn't in the show. Maybe she could store Pokeballs and Potions and **** in her huge hat if she ran out of room in her bag. But she still looks better than Dawn. I think she's about tied with May and Leaf and I've never played Crystal before so I don't know how to compare her looks to the Crystal female character.

In all honesty, Kris' art (if you looked at it now) looks like crap. A better look at it is to look at her sprite or Marina (Kris' anime counterpart).

whats stopping them is the introduction of "soul".

My opinion in my there is no kris (yeah i'm calling Marina kirs because this is a game discussion not an anime discussion), kris was introduced in the crystal game and was not present in g/s, and HGSS is a remake of g/s not c. and she will not be in it at all because of the introduce of soul, sould will fill the role of dawn in HGSS if you pick the male character.

Now to address why there was leaf introduced FRLG, there was no female character ever introduced in the original games so the remakes were given freedom to introduce a new female character.

HTML:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Leaf

this link show the bulbapedia article for leaf and shows that there was the potential for a female character to be introduced in the R/B/G/Y games.

The thing is though.. you could have used the appearence, or even something similar to it, and not have anything to do with Crystal. Why?

Because Crystal plays out the same way regardless of what gender you pick, it's just for aesthetics and giving girls the chance to play as their gender. Now if being Kris changed the plot, then I'd not have a problem with that statement.

Last edited:

Lady Marie

♥ AG Ash Fangirl ♥
It ain't the end of the world, when I buy that game or both, I will play as the new girl. :)

crisiscore

ZAP CANNON
I would choose the the boy. I don't really like the girl's taste in clothes =/ I wish i can use red from the fr/lg version! lol

DarkLegend

The Grand Draconian
We should be okay unless the new girl's over world sprite is just a HUGE hat like in those Monopoly board games...

Sailor_Tenchi

We should be okay unless the new girl's over world sprite is just a HUGE hat like in those Monopoly board games...

Though that would be kind of amusing in a sick way. XD

TicoPokemonMaster

While looking at a post in the manga thread about the new female character the person said that Red was given a different design that in RBY. And it is true remake Red doesn't have the same style or color of hair that original Red had. Plus the face also looks at little different. So the new girl gained a few more points in my opinion. So I no longer think of her as a beast. but I still prefer Kris over her.

Golde

Always Searching~
This game is seriously lacking in the Marina department...-_-

Why is it that they always do this shiz? Like, the females are always shown in the anime, but not the males, then they go and change JUST her...what?

Anyway, I'm going to be a male in HG and a female in SS. But I hate this new woman. Right now.

Twilight Gallade

The Gallade of Night
It ain't the end of the world, when I buy that game or both, I will play as the new girl.

Most certainly. Just because Kris/Marina isn't there, it's not Game Over already.

Besides, as I stated, I like the new girl's design. ^_^ But seriously, am I the only one who likes her hat?

Charles Legend

LOL XD well there is a very good chance that the new Girl is just Kris redesign, I mean if you think about it that what happened to Leaf, remember Leaf's Original design was in the instruction booklet remember all Leaf wore in her Original design was a black dress, and then in FR/LG She got new cloths. Also the change from blue to brown could be explained that the Goldenrod Department store just ran out of blue hair dye. ;)

~Charles Legend

I am choosing Female, just as I always had.

Even though I did like Crystal/Marina, I can get used to this new girl.

I don't really mind. ^^

EDIT: I like her hat.

It looks funny~ <3

ziakra

So Zetta Slow!
I'll be playing as Gold.
...maybe Kris/Marina would have a cameo at a certain part in the game...
and imo I think the female trainer looks fine... (yeah, since I can't remember playing as a girl in Crystal)...hehehe

Akari K

did it for the lulz.
Imo it's the same girl just heavily redesigned... Remember Red's hair color was changed from black to brown... Just look past the color change... =)

hgsskris.jpg

Also I'm a girl, so I always play as a girl. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.