• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are you choosing the male or the female trainer? Marina or the new girl?

Male or female trainer?

• Male

Votes: 740 58.0%
  • Female

Votes: 148 11.6%
  • I want Marina!

Votes: 282 22.1%
  • New girl is better

Votes: 105 8.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero Nexus

Stand up, go for it
That's exactly what ShinyCharyZard and I are talking about. Sick-minded males who have perverted dreams about ten-year old anime characters. If you want a girlfriend so badly, go out and get one. I'm not saying that they aren't nice-looking but it's sick to think of them in the way some people do.

To tomato-kun, she does look ten but she could pass as a thirteen-year old. Maybe.

*Ignores everything that was said*

All i'm saying is that they don't seem to have cared about the models. I mean, you have to stick with that character for th entire game, and do you really want to play as a nationality-confused girl who dresses like a farmhand?

Besides, how do we know they're even 10? Just because the anime characters are doesn't mean the game characters are.

And for the record, i was merely speaking of what others think in terms of attractiveness.

Last edited:

~:Shadow:~

I am choosing the male character because I am a boy

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
*Ignores everything that was said*

All i'm saying is that they don't seem to have cared about the models. I mean, you have to stick with that character for th entire game, and do you really want to play as a nationality-confused girl who dresses like a farmhand?

Besides, how do we know they're even 10? Just because the anime characters are doesn't mean the game characters are.

And for the record, i was merely speaking of what others think in terms of attractiveness.

It's been known from the start that trainers begin their journey aged 10. It's not just the anime.

I really don't see how wearing some darn fashionable dungarees makes her look like a farmhand. It's clear you're just peeved that she isn't a tart that you can get your jollies off.

(awaits infraction for last few posts)...I can see it coming. But who cares? Only speaking the truth.

Zero Nexus

Stand up, go for it
It's been known from the start that trainers begin their journey aged 10. It's not just the anime.

I really don't see how wearing some darn fashionable dungarees makes her look like a farmhand. It's clear you're just peeved that she isn't a tart that you can get your jollies off.

(awaits infraction for last few posts)...I can see it coming. But who cares? Only speaking the truth.

Funny, i've never heard it mentioned in the games at all.

Besides, they don't HAVE to begin at 10. Maybe they want to wait a few years...

It's not just the overalls, it's the frickin' cowboy hat. It's also because she looks so different compared to the previous ones...

andy63

i like the new girl. Whats wrong with her?

I think i will choose the girl becue since crystal i have allways choosen the girl :)

Harkett

whatisthisidonteven
Select people don't like her because
A: She isn't Marina, and
B: Her outlandish hat.

Jasho

Dude, it's not her hat, it's the FRICKIN' OVERALLS!

Look at Dawn and the girl you play as in LG, look at their short skirts, there's NO WAY they can be wearing anything under those tiny skirts, and that's what made them popular.

That, and May's huge tits.

Seriously, the new girl = EPIC PHAIL.

...what? Her overall is okay, what is bad about her design is freaking huge socks. If they would have made her overalls longer, her design would have been perfect. Also, I am
going to be the first to call her Heart.

Maxim

Beyond repair
Of course I want Crys (not to confuse with Marina!). That new girl looks like she came from a farm.

I would love Marina to appear as a NPC. But... Game Freak will now be pretending as if Crys and Crystal Version never existed.

So, prepare for the new girl to be everywhere...

And I know she sucks (possibly literally?).

Harkett

whatisthisidonteven
...what? Her overall is okay, what is bad about her design is freaking huge socks. If they would have made her overalls longer, her design would have been perfect. Also, I am
going to be the first to call her Heart.
Gold is the boys name so to change it up (since your rival is Silver) why don't you call her Soul?

King David

I'm the king, baby
I have always chosen the male character, and so will continue to do so. And the new girl doesn't look any weirder than any of the other characters.

I mean, this is Pokemon...

I really like the new girl... Marina was weird. ;)
I'll probably choose both, I might get both games, no, I will.
The new girl is really cool, and the update of Gold is brilliant.
I'll be a boy in Soul Silver and I'll call him Jacob, like me. In Heart Gold I'll be the girl.

FRUiTY-DiNO

Fairy Trainer
The new male trainer is a lot cuter, he's soooo cuuute! I prefer the new girl, marina was ugly and boring.

Jasho

Gold is the boys name so to change it up (since your rival is Silver) why don't you call her Soul?

Does Soul sound like a girl's name? Not really.
Besides, I never think the opposite gender character as a rival.

Divadel

While I see that they were attempting to put in aspects of Crystal in the female trainer, but the style makes her seem more like she's some negated clone of Crystal than anything. It ends up rubbing me the wrong way much like Dawn's update was in Platinum.

I guess I'm sticking with the boy in Heart Gold since I would have picked the girl if it was Crystal.

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
Dude, it's not her hat, it's the FRICKIN' OVERALLS!
I quite like her Dungarees/Overalls. I'm sure when her sprites are shown it'll be easier to accept her design.

Look at Dawn and the girl you play as in LG, look at their short skirts, there's NO WAY they can be wearing anything under those tiny skirts, and that's what made them popular.
That statement makes no sense. Having a short skirt does not mean a lack of underwear. I must wonder how you came to such a conclusion.

That, and May's huge tits.
Actually May's chest is not huge, it's an average chest size. People notice it because chests don't normaly develop that soon. Remember we're not talking about fanart.

Seriously, the new girl = EPIC PHAIL.
So just because you're not attracted to her she fails? The people who miss Crystal/Kris I can understand but not this.

Avrig

Like Wailords.
I don't like Kris's design so much (it was boring or something :D) and I love the new female trainer! She's cute and her clothes are lovely, she looks colorful and those long socks are great :3. So I voted that the new girl is better.

I also like Gold's look very much, but he look like a little kid in the new artwork. Of course, the main character is 10 years old, but still. I like the old artwork more, now he looks really childish with his big head. The art style were nice with the girl, but not with Gold :(.

Zero Nexus

Stand up, go for it
I quite like her Dungarees/Overalls. I'm sure when her sprites are shown it'll be easier to accept her design.

Fair enough.

That statement makes no sense. Having a short skirt does not mean a lack of underwear. I must wonder how you came to such a conclusion.

Habit. Whenever i see a girl in a skirt, the fact that they may be going commando ALWAYS pops into my head. God knows from where, i'm not sure myself. Just a habit. Ignore me.

Actually May's chest is not huge, it's an average chest size. People notice it because chests don't normaly develop that soon. Remember we're not talking about fanart.

TBH, i don't really think that myself. I was just going along with it because other say it.

So just because you're not attracted to her she fails? The people who miss Crystal/Kris I can understand but not this

No, she FAILS because of how she dresses. As i said, she looks like a farmer to me. Still, that's just my opinion. Don't let my opinion bug you.

Mudster

Master of the Legend
Okay after reading through some of the comments in this thread I am slightly concerned that some of you are clearly attracted to cartoon characters. I don't really see what the problem is as the trainer adds very little to quality of gameplay. I love the new looks of both characters, and I'll probably be the male character cause I'm a lad myself. Though if I decide to get both then I'll do one of each.

Status
Not open for further replies.