• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are you choosing the male or the female trainer? Marina or the new girl?

Male or female trainer?

• Male

Votes: 740 58.0%
  • Female

Votes: 148 11.6%
  • I want Marina!

Votes: 282 22.1%
  • New girl is better

Votes: 105 8.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

superdonut

GaGa Ooh Lala
Men choose the male.
Women choose the female.

If you're a man and plays with the female character, knowing the whole game won't change, I assume you have some sexuality problems, and deep within you'd like to be a woman... There's no other explanation... Desing is just representative...
I have green eyes, my hair isn't spiky, but even so I choose the boy, since the question in the very start of the game is "Are you a boy or are you a girl?"
Well, I'm a boy... Dunno about you, guys.

That's the worst logic ever.

People can choose whoever they want, it has nothing to do with 'sexuality problems'. Seriously, that was a stupid thing to say, and a big assumption.

Rex Kamex

Sexuality/gender problems are the only possible reason a person could pick the opposite gender. They might not have this problem at all. Even so, I can't imagine playing through a true and sincere game as a girl, since I'm... not a girl. (I've played as a girl before, but only in games that were started over after a short period of time. I might have played as Kris for a brief time just to see what it was like playing a girl. But not as a truly sincere game.)

But some guys, for example, don't like the way the guy character looks, so they choose the girl. I personally don't care about the looks so much that I'd make such a decision. (No, seriously. I don't like the way the Hg/Ss girl looks, but if I was a girl, I'd still use her for a "true and sincere" game. They're not going to make a character too ugly to appeal to kids, you see...)

For the record, speaking of a "true and sincere" game, I don't start my game over after beating the Elite Four and Champion. (It'd be really sad if I did in Gold, considering it would've taken 300 hours to do so...) So I keep my character... forever. So... boy it is.

I broke the tradition of being a male character all the way. I'm gonna go ahead and try out Soul. Seriously, what's with the hate? Kris never existed, per say in Gold and Silver's timeline, she only existed in Crystal. Soul is necessarily a version of herself from the manga, albeit a really old version. Kris had brown hair with almost the same ponytails, mind you ;)

With that logic, neither did Eusine...

Last edited:

Bardische

Elegance.
With that logic, neither did Eusine...

Curses >_____<

i miss kris

Can you elaborate further why you miss her?

What did Kris do to you?

Nasty things? O_____o

Most people are actually getting used to Soul than Kris now. I'm actually fond of drawing her now. And Soul actually does something than Kris, as Kris never appeared in the storyline when you picked Gold. Oh well, I hate time line issues, so let's no discuss this :(

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
My post in a similar topic in Pokepolls

Srsly. If you guys really hate the new girl with a burning gut. Play as the guy, or better yet, go play Crystal and don't bother buying HGSS if your going to let a drawing/bunch of pixels annoy you to worlds end. Yes we get it, you hate the new girl with her knee-high socks, overalls and hat, we know that would scarafice yourself to God just to get Kris (Not Marina dammit) back. It gets boring to read in every second post how you hate the new girl and want Kris back.

Another thing.
Men choose the male.
Women choose the female.

If you're a man and plays with the female character, knowing the whole game won't change, I assume you have some sexuality problems, and deep within you'd like to be a woman... There's no other explanation... Desing is just representative...
I have green eyes, my hair isn't spiky, but even so I choose the boy, since the question in the very start of the game is "Are you a boy or are you a girl?"
Well, I'm a boy... Dunno about you, guys.
I guess that makes men who play METRIOD and girls who play Mario/Zelda are also playing with thier sexuality.

Last edited:

Rex Kamex

wolvie616 said:
i miss kris

Most people are actually getting used to Soul than Kris now.

Assuming they're different people...

I'm actually fond of drawing her now. And Soul actually does something than Kris, as Kris never appeared in the storyline when you picked Gold.

She did if she's the same person. Even if they're different... that's probably not much more of something. And even if it is much more, that's not because of "Soul" herself, but because the game makers added the feature where the opposite gender player character does something now, which could've been done with either "Soul" or Kris.

Oh well, I hate time line issues, so let's no discuss this :(

......... I read this part, but I still wanted to say something, so...

Last edited:

wolvie616

SoulSilver
Curses >_____<

Can you elaborate further why you miss her?

Nasty things? O_____o

Most people are actually getting used to Soul than Kris now. I'm actually fond of drawing her now. And Soul actually does something than Kris, as Kris never appeared in the storyline when you picked Gold. Oh well, I hate time line issues, so let's no discuss this :(

well, besides she was the first girl and looks 100% better than soul? plus shes awsome in the manga

Araleon

Chill
Well, I'm choosing the guy because I am a guy.

But, I'm still holding out to see if Soul is really just a revamped version of Kris...

Bardische

Elegance.
Well, I'm choosing the guy because I am a guy.

But, I'm still holding out to see if Soul is really just a revamped version of Kris...

Leaf is a redesigned version of Blue from the manga.
Soul is highly likely to be Kris. Crystal (manga) was blue-haired to fit with her counterparts of Marina and Kris, but she changed back to brown-haired later on. Many people think that Soul is the version of Crystal now. Let's just wait for some confirmation. I wouldn't be surprised if Crystal started wearing the "hat that can swallow you whole" and that outfit. *shudder*

Tyranitar trainer

Back for a bit
I like the new girl I never really liked Crys

eeveerose

The girl looks like mario with a dumber looking hat.
Seriously.
It would be odd for me to be a boy, though, so I guess I will choose the girl.
I want Marina back though :<

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
People crying over petty things amuses me.

Carry on. It's not like Gamefreak are going to listen to you bunch of babies.

Leaf is a redesigned version of Blue from the manga.
Soul is highly likely to be Kris. Crystal (manga) was blue-haired to fit with her counterparts of Marina and Kris, but she changed back to brown-haired later on. Many people think that Soul is the version of Crystal now. Let's just wait for some confirmation. I wouldn't be surprised if Crystal started wearing the "hat that can swallow you whole" and that outfit. *shudder*

Yes but Blue just got a better costume, and then people started calling her Leaf, Krys looked cool before, but now Soul just looks stupid, she should be fighting Bowser in the mushroom kingdom somewhere with a fat version of her.

Jasho

I guess "Soul" is just a redesign of Krys. I mean, changing your hair color and clothes doesn't make you another person.

Status
Not open for further replies.