1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Are you choosing the male or the female trainer? Marina or the new girl?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation IV Discussion' started by Slowking[George], May 12, 2009.

?

Male or female trainer?

1. Male

740 vote(s)
    58.0%
  2. Female

148 vote(s)
    11.6%
  3. I want Marina!

282 vote(s)
    22.1%
  4. New girl is better

105 vote(s)
    8.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Something~Kinda~Ooooh

Something~Kinda~Ooooh Grass Master

Im probably going to end up buying both versions so i think i'll play as a boy in SS and as the girl in HG! Why be the boy all the time the girls are much more colourful to look at!

2. Dark Eevee

Dark Eevee Well-Known Member

I always play as a girl, exept when couldn't (Collosseum, XD) and I didn't play the originals so I don't really care too much about Marina.

3. Pimplup784

Pimplup784 Back in Blue?

I'm a guy, so I'm choosing a guy. He looks pretty cool in this game.

4. VaryingPuppet

VaryingPuppet Jobless Trainer

I'm a boy, so I always choose the boy. As for Marina/New Girl switch, I liked Marina. This new girl looks...... kind of strange. Don't know why.

5. Fizz

Fizz Well-Known Member

I'm a male, so a male I shall be.

I do, however, wish I could do the color-swap glitch from Crystal Version... I enjoyed bein' Blue Boy.

6. I'm going to chose the boy because he looks better.

7. XcoreAndy

XcoreAndy Active Member

Ewww new girl >.< Marina was the best!
    Male FTW

8. Calm PokeMaster

Calm PokeMaster Well-Known Member

Male as usual.I never pick the girl.

9. ShinyFrizo

ShinyFrizo Eevee

Oversized hats is a big turn-off for me...
    so boy..

:)

10. pokemaster001

pokemaster001 ....................

I'm getting to the point where I still choose the boy, but I'm going to choose the girl for the second game because I like variety

11. Rex Kamex

Rex Kamex Well-Known Member

I forgot- is Marina a name option in the Japanese version of Crystal? At least the American game called her Kris on the back of the box. Because if not, I don't think it's on an American game, or any other game, so I don't know why people are using the name of the anime.

Blue's based off of a girl from an old Sugimori picture, so technically Leaf would be a redesign of her.

I'm honestly fine with that. The reason is that at least it is Crys who would be doing that in that case.

But I think the Hg/Ss girl could go either way with being a new character or Kris. I believe the Eusine thing definitely makes things more likely for the latter.

The set of differences between the Hg/Ss girl and the Crystal girl are the main thing that would suggest they're different, although that set of differences is very significant. I probably shouldn't say this, but as Meowth said in the dub of the Mewtwo movie, "Maybe if we started lookin' at what's da' same instead o' always lookin' at what's different, well, who knows?" XD

AAAAANYYYWAAAAAY...

Still the type of person who'd pick the male because he's a male. I still don't think a guy character would look so ugly that I'd start playing as a female even if she did look better to me. And even if he was... I'd still pick the guy... C'mon, what's the worst design they can give the guy? C'mon, Game Freak, bring it on!

I guess they don't have anything. Oh well, that's a relief. Okay I'll shut up now.

12. I'm a dude, so of course I will pick the male character in at least one of them. Because I plan to get both, I have been thinking of playing as the male character in one and the female in the other one. That's what I did with Diamond and Pearl as well as my 2 copies of Platinum.

13. Mephreyu

Mephreyu Member

Why can they not just give us Character customisation already -_- Is it just me or is Pokemon an awesome strategy RPG hidden behind what wants to be a kids game? They nearly got it right in PBR but still no, choices are limited... CUST0M CH4RACT3Rz PL0X o_O =D

Team Whoever taking over the world with big bad Pokemon getting a bit old for anyone? =/ I love catching Pokemon, battling them, BT, WiFi and the rest of the Strategy RPG bit, but whyyyy can we not have Custom Characters and a bit of a more interesting storyline =( Copy Final Fantasy if you must, just give us something grittier =D

And sooo yes, MAYBE that would defeat some of the object of Pokemon (the kids bit) , but mehhh, anyone else for Better Storyline and Custom Characters? I bet most of us who play Pokemon are quite a bit past 3+ as the games are rated. And how many kids actually play this with proper strategy? =D 12+ Pokemon pleaseeeeee =D

That makes no sense and is completely off topic =/

Oh well, I'm gonna be the guy and just keep my hopes up for next time =D =D ;430;

14. unluckyred13

unluckyred13 tHe blaCk sIlVeR

[​IMG][​IMG]

notice any similarity??
    maybe soul is based of red...or maybe they heavily redone kris to make her similar to red's artwork for nostalgic reasons....her hair color maybe based upon the manga hair and the color of the clothes are based upon red and even the pose..

Last edited: Jul 18, 2009
  15. Calm PokeMaster

Yep.They are very much similar.

16. HoennMaster

HoennMaster Well-Known Member

I don't really give a damn which gender I play as, so I'll play as the boy in one and the girl in the other.

17. Calm PokeMaster

I always play as a boy........regardless of the version I am playing.

18. blitzerzero

blitzerzero Romanoff Kaiser NEX

Same here.

19. Ampy

Ampy Light The Stars

I'd go for the female, but I don't really like the new character, so male for me :[

20. PsychedelicJellyfish

PsychedelicJellyfish formerly R. New

Male trainer on HeartGold, female trainer on SoulSilver. That's how I did it with Ruby & Sapphire and Diamond & Pearl.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.