• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are you choosing the male or the female trainer? Marina or the new girl?

Male or female trainer?

• Male

Votes: 740 58.0%
  • Female

Votes: 148 11.6%
  • I want Marina!

Votes: 282 22.1%
  • New girl is better

Votes: 105 8.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoru Ryu

Zhampy
I wish they'd kept Crystal so i'm going to play as the girl and call her "CRYSTAL" just so i can pretend they're the same characters XD

Usually i play as the male through my first playthrough then the female in the second.

If only this new girl had blue hair she could have been a heavily re-designed Crys.

Adz

Poke Knight
Hmmmm.... I think both of them look very young. I wouldn't be surprised if this is a younger brother of Gold or something! I MUCH prefered old Male character outfit! But hey, i'll get used to it! New girl looks really silly! She could graduate clown academy with flying colours!! No joke!! Red with blue STRAPPED shorts!! Whatever were they thinking....major out of date fashion but sher hey! It's pokemon!! :/

Male all the way!!

sam_h12

WHERE IS PIDGEOT?!
ill probably choose the boy for the first time as i am one.

but the girl...i really like her! i think shes the best girl we've had yet.

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
I'm goin to play as the boy on one version and the girl on the other. I like the new girl, she looks really awesome.

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
I'll probably play as the girl, seeing as I am one.

The male and female characters seem to have exactly the same expression on their face. I find that somewhat disturbing... o.o

Manaphione123

Merely A Puppet
I will pick the boy as I am one although I agree with whoever it was who said Jimmy look younger than original Jimmy. I may call him Greg as that is my name and I usually do that but I am also thinking about Jimmy, Gold and Allan(one of my middle names).

Lemonade

Marina was awesome. Granted, she was my least favorite of the game!girls but she still had a special place in my heart, being the original playable female character and all. ;~;
But I won't deny that the new girl is pretty, because her outfit is kickin'. I have the same response to her as I did to the Ranger 2 girl: I'll get used to her.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
The new girl isn't that bad. We're just not all that use to her. Given time, She'll probably grow on us.

fozza9448

I am goin wit the male trainer even though he looks too different to the original (This time he looks way too young). The girl would be better if it was Marina but she isn't that bad i guess ¦)

uhhhhh

Too sweet
Hmmm. I'll choose the guy, as usual.

And the girl... hmm... Well I like the new girl but I also liked Marina. :/

Rocky28940

<<I'm not interested
I'm being a boy, I don't think the new girl looks that bad.

Harmonie

♫ Ad vivere
I'll choose the girl, of course.

She is different, but it doesn't bother me.

Janna

stay sweet
I want Marina back. 8|

This girl looks weird... overalls and a wannabe beret. She's some fake hillbilly.

*really doesn't like* Guess I'm going to use Kenta. <3

Casimir

Good boy.
That new girl's got some mario colors going on.

But male, because i'm a dude.
I'm gonna name him RyanRay! :D

That new girl needs to GTFO and let Marina back in.

I don't see why people keep on saying that Crystal was replaced. She was never in GS, only in Crystal. If I remember correctly, this is a GS remake. They probably thought it would feel weird to add a character from Crystal when HGSS has nothing to do with Crystal's different story-plot.=/

Antway, I like the new girl. She looks lika a normal person... I'm obviously going to pick her since I am a girl...

I really like the new girl compared to Marina. And compared to Marina the new girl's outfit is pretty modernized. Now I can't choose between her or Gold though. I always play as the girl in my pokemon games and for once I wanted to play as Gold. Now I can't decide. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.