• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are you choosing the male or the female trainer? Marina or the new girl?

Male or female trainer?

• Male

Votes: 740 58.0%
  • Female

Votes: 148 11.6%
  • I want Marina!

Votes: 282 22.1%
  • New girl is better

Votes: 105 8.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkLegend

The Grand Draconian
(southern accent) I gotta say sugah... the new girl looks mighty fine!
I will miss Marina but change begets progress

The outfit is pretty decent but the satchel is obnoxiously huge...
Whatever happened to bag packs? Does Mr. Sugimori fear tough women? lol!

sneschurch

how sad, I was expecting a better update of Gold then this. Now I'm really curious to see what they did with Silver. Needless to say the girl looks really out of date, I preferred Crystal better but seeing as I am picking the male, I don't care. I the end all we'll see of the characters (other than from the trainer cards) is a top down view so it doesn't really matter I guess.

and IMO she does look like Mario, lol

I'm a guy, so I'll play the guy. I like him, he looks kinda cool.

I would have preferrec Marina tenfold, but I won't complain. What's the point of complaining, my only option is to get used to her (unless they randomly decide to change her, but when would that ever happen?)

DSDark

Breeder
i really like the update to Gold, they him less wide. However i don't know like the new girl, who me and brother refer to as Soul like how the female fro FRLG is called Leaf, i don't get why they just didn't update Kris

Snuff

Bring on ze mudkipz!
I'll probably get both, so the male character in one, and the female in the other.

I do actually love how the male character looks. They've done a real good job of redoing the original Gold.

I'm going to play as the boy.

But... WHY? Why did they replace Marina? Now I'm even more heartbroken my Crystal is broken...

*Sigh* Oh well, I'll say this though... Why do most Pokemon heroes have a bad taste in hats? Only Red and Gold seemed to have good hats.

Hang on, why am I making a point of this? I never wear hats... -_-

kogawolfman

Alpha Mightyena
I'll, of course, play a boy.
I like the look of the new girl, but I think they should have left well enough alone and kept Marina/Kris/Crystal. But, who knows? maybe this means they will do a Crystal remake...? Unlikely, but they have to do something with that character.

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
well both maybe girl for Heart Gold and Boy for SOul SIlver

SupremeJudicator

Still gotta catch 'em all!
I hafta go with the boy! Since I had Gold originally I never new Marina so I'm not that distraught by her absence, oh well!

b3ttybr00t4l

COLOUR ME CLICHÉ
I'm going to be the girl, even though Marina was better.

I'm going to choose the boy, because I am a boy (wow).

Though, if I were a girl, I'd definately be the girl. I like it waaay more than Marina. And Marina is a Crystal -thing anyway - this is Gold and Silver, guys.

PartyPokemon

L or Kira?
I'm a guy, so I'll pick the guy.
But this new girl... wtf? Marina pwned but this...? She looks like she belongs somewhere in Kanto, not Johto!
But whatever. We'll get used to it all. In the meantime, though... wtf?

IcyKerpymon

Lan challenges you!
Male, will name him Lan
AND I HATE THAT GIRL e_e'

BTW, she looks too much like Pokémon Ranger(Game) art style...

Let's compare:
Both use red shirts...
Soul(I call her that) uses blue "pants" and Gold uses black pants... Soul should aswell use black...
Gold uses a hat turned backwards... she just uses a BIG BIG HAT :|
The bags are, aswell different
Finally... look at the shoes... NOTHING IN COMMON... just the color

OH OH OH... Eyes... Gold's are dark blue... Soul's are brown...

Conclusion:
WE WANT KRIS BACK ;_;
She fitted Gold so much better than Soul ;_;

Last edited:

sacred

Dragon Tamer
as always im gonna name the character after the game's version, which is Gold =D

ForeverFlame

I actually like Soul. I'll miss Marina, but we can always pretend that they're the same person, right? (They'll probably do that in the manga, and possibly the Anime if they continue to make Marina cameos).

Frosth

I like the new girl!-/\/\-

Focus Aipom

Why so serious?
Well I am a guy so I' m going to pick Gold.

It's sad how they got rid of Marina but like how the others said, this isn't a crystal remake and she kinda looks like Marina with different clothes and and no blue hair..We'll get used to it I think..Lol she actually does look like Mario! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.