• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are you choosing the male or the female trainer? Marina or the new girl?

Male or female trainer?

• Male

Votes: 740 58.0%
  • Female

Votes: 148 11.6%
  • I want Marina!

Votes: 282 22.1%
  • New girl is better

Votes: 105 8.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I am a guy so I' m going to pick Gold.

It's sad how they got rid of Marina but like how the others said, this isn't a crystal remake and she kinda looks like Marina with different clothes and and no blue hair..We'll get used to it I think..Lol she actually does look like Mario! :)

Can you please explain how she looks like Mario?
Mario is a plumber, the new girl 'Soul' looks like a milk maid.

Crystal Clair

They replaced Marina?

WITH A BRUNET!?

Maybe it's due to the lack of sleep but I aint buying these games anymore. I quit Pokemon. I've got better stuff to spend my money on *looks at Zelda series*

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
I don't see why people keep on saying that Crystal was replaced. She was never in GS, only in Crystal. If I remember correctly, this is a GS remake. They probably thought it would feel weird to add a character from Crystal when HGSS has nothing to do with Crystal's different story-plot.=/

Antway, I like the new girl. She looks lika a normal person... I'm obviously going to pick her since I am a girl...

Good point. I wonder what her names gonna be, Since I'm guessing Silver is taken.

Focus Aipom

Why so serious?
Can you please explain how she looks like Mario?
Mario is a plumber, the new girl 'Soul' looks like a milk maid.
Well by her clothes, like her hat is kinda shaped like Mario's and the overalls are mario coloured.

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
I wouldn't care about the new girl, if they didn't decide to implement them into the story.

Silver is the rival. We do not need another rival. Especially a friendly one.

Nasty rivals give you more satisfaction when you pwn them.
Nice rivals give you corny friendship dialogue.

I is not happy.

Oh, and I'll pick the boy.

Cause I'm a boy.

Last edited:
I'm picking the female character anyway since I'm female myself.

But yeah, it is a little disappointing that they didn't include Marina/Kris this time. She looked pretty cool. At least Gold got a revamp.

The new female trainer's hat looks a little weird. lol Whatever, though. She's decently clothed.

Twilight Gallade

The Gallade of Night
Though I did personally prefer Marina (or Kris, whichever her name was), the new girl does look pretty cool. I think that if I get both games, I'll play as her on one of them, and the boy on the other.

Am I the only one that likes the new girl's hat? X3

Cappuccino

*Sigh* Oh well, I'll say this though... Why do most Pokemon heroes have a bad taste in hats? Only Red and Gold seemed to have good hats.

I strongly agree with that (if we're talking about the boys only, all the girls had cute hats/bandanas) Actually I will choose the male character this time too, and it's been a long time since I last did that, cause both Lucas and Brendan looked ridiculous with their silly beret and whatever, respectively. Red was okay but Gold (the original character design, and the one from the remakes now) looks the best.

The girl is not bad, I'd call her inoffensive, but Gold looks much better so...

Last edited:

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

Shame about Marina, I liked her design more.

But I'm a boy, so I'll be the male =3

I hope that they have the running boots, as that was one of the best features from R/S/E, the ability to travel as fast as a bike, just before getting one.

sam_h12

WHERE IS PIDGEOT?!
i did say i really like the new girl, but the hat is putting me off her. if she didnt have it, i think shed be quite alright. i dont see why they couldntve just given her blue hair though, weird that they created a new girl especially. i wonder what her animé name would be...?

besides, all of you saying shes out of fashion - no. girls love playsuits with high socks, especially in england. but then again, the colour scheme and the hat makes it look a bit weird. take away the hat, give her some heels and shed look fine haha. sorry, i work in retail....

Stryker88

Space Cowboy
Guy for me...otherwise i just feel weird playing as a girl

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
I wouldn't care about the new girl, if they didn't decide to implement them into the story.

Silver is the rival. We do not need another rival. Especially a friendly one.

Nasty rivals give you more satisfaction when you pwn them.
Nice rivals give you corny friendship dialogue.

I is not happy.

Oh, and I'll pick the boy.

Cause I'm a boy.

Silver is still apart of the story, And another rival is always good for the experience.

zeno48

Zaker!
Why do you guys think they replaced crystal? I don't know about you guys im going to for the male.

Adz

Poke Knight
Hmmm..... I've been thinking about her colour scheme!! She could have nearly been Ashs very first sidekick/Ally in the first anime series. She has the same kind of colour scheme going on with the red blue white. Yet I guess those are common colours in pokemon anyway!!

Status
Not open for further replies.