• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are you choosing the male or the female trainer? Marina or the new girl?

Male or female trainer?

• Male

Votes: 740 58.0%
  • Female

Votes: 148 11.6%
  • I want Marina!

Votes: 282 22.1%
  • New girl is better

Votes: 105 8.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crystal Firestorm

I am female, so I'll play as a girl, as I always do.

I like how the new girl looks, she's better than the girl in Crystal, but that's only my opinion. :)

shadow_wolf

gonna play as a boy despite being a girl
the new girl doesnt look as good as the original crystal sprite

C.J. Ray

I wanted Shaymin! :(
Oops, forgot to change that. I like this new girl, but something tells me that she was just put there as a side character. I love it if that's the new female avatar of the games because she looks prettier than Dawn, May, or Sammy(the Leaf Green / Fire Red girl) combined. :D

Darth Kitty

Hm. Must be on drugs
The girl, since I've played as the girl character in every pokemon game I've owned since sapphire.

And I don't get all the hate on the new girl. She new and you're all not used to it, nothing to go all crazy about or anything. XP I happen to like her with the big hat and the hair. The overalls however...? I can see why you hate that. ._.

Jigglypuff5000

I'll be choosing Gold once more, because I'm a guy and the Milk Maid just doesn't do it for me [even if I did ever choose the girl, which to date has been never].

I probably would if there were two save game sets and the male/female actually had different reactions / gifts from certain people or something. Oh well, that's for a 3D Pokemon Adventure game, whenever that comes around again...

Jonouchi

Chibi-cario
I had no idea that one character design ruins the series forever. Especially to a game that we have little information on.

Seriously, grow up. >_>

I'm going to be a boy, as usual. I like Gold's design.

Poliwagged

I had no idea that one character design ruins the series forever. Especially to a game that we have little information on.

Seriously, grow up. >_>

I'm going to be a boy, as usual. I like Gold's design.

This

THIS

Everywhere I've been to today, I've heard nothing but people saying stuff like "NO KRYS, THIS GAME IS RUINED".

Well no duh, there's no Krys. Krys wasn't in G/S, and guess what they're remaking? So oh ho figure that out. We've asked for a G/S remake for hell of a long time, now that we've got it, everyone finds something so trivial to complain about? Ha ha, right.

While I liked Krys, and I'm glad they partially kept her design (Hair, the use of shorts and not a skirt), she was the postergirl for Crystal, not Gold and Silver.

Fisheye

Oh, I'm a star.
I'm gonna pick a guy. 'Cos I'm a guy. And the guy looks AWSOME. the revamp is better than the original in my opinion. I'll probably name him something like Kean.

But even though the girl does not affect me whatsoever, I'd really hoped that they bwouldn't change her drastically. I don't really like how the girl looks...

Grass Guardian

Rags to Riches
Well, I'm a girl, but I'll take the boy. Something about the female character...unsettles me. I can't really put my finger on it. She kind of looks like she stumbled out of the early twentieth century. That and...I can't shake the impression she's hiding a butcher's knife in that hat. o_O'''

Lol, very true!

I prefer Crystal. This girl reminds me too much of Toad from Mario. Although, I am a girl so in the end I think I will still use the female character. Maybe she'll grow on me.

Peegeray

ExpertProcrastinator
well right now, i want to play as gold despite being a girl. it's probably my least favourite girl design so far, but maybe it'll grow on me over time...
although i always did like gold's design more than krys's...

Lol, very true!

I prefer Crystal. This girl reminds me too much of Toad from Mario. Although, I am a girl so in the end I think I will still use the female character. Maybe she'll grow on me.

Why is everyone comparing Soul to characters from Mario, someone said that she look like Mario earlier? And now someone is comparing her to toad. Wouldn't it be funny when the English translation is out and she was called 'Peach'

This

THIS

Everywhere I've been to today, I've heard nothing but people saying stuff like "NO KRYS, THIS GAME IS RUINED".

Well no duh, there's no Krys. Krys wasn't in G/S, and guess what they're remaking? So oh ho figure that out. We've asked for a G/S remake for hell of a long time, now that we've got it, everyone finds something so trivial to complain about? Ha ha, right.

While I liked Krys, and I'm glad they partially kept her design (Hair, the use of shorts and not a skirt), she was the postergirl for Crystal, not Gold and Silver.
Kris wasn't is GS because the Male/Female trainer option hadn't been implemented yet. However, Kris was the female hero in the 2nd gen, as well as the first female hero in Pokemon gaming history, so it feels empty without her.

I am glad they kept some aspects of her design, though they could have just as easily given her blue hair and called her an extremely revamped Kris.

KKInu

I'll choose female, as I have done ever since the feature was introduced... though playing Gold again will be nostalgic....... I'm probably gonna buy both games so maybe I'll be boy in one, girl in the other.

I definitely prefer Kris over this girl, this girl is cute but I don't like her hat..... mostly because of the bow in it because its a bit too girly for my taste. I don't mind girly for like, Pokemon contests and stuff, but for the main journey? >.>' I like my characters sporty. and I don't like the overall's part of her shirt.... the pants I don't mind but I just don't like the overalls part -_-' I love the red hoodie under though, I really wish she just were wearing the hoodie and nothing else over it.

Other than that though, her design isn't HORRIBLE.... just not as good as Kris's. Who knows? She might grow on me. I remember I really disliked Dawn's new clothes in Platinum..... they were just so.... PINK...... DX but I got Platinum and I'm having a blast playing it, much more than I enjoyed Diamond, so the clothes don't matter so much to me anymore even though I still prefer her original clothes. Maybe it'll be something like that where the fun of the game outweighs what I dislike about her character design

ElegyCity

Do we get ice cream?
Well i'm still planning on playing the male in HG. I was planning on playing the female trainer if one was added for SS since like many I was expecting Marina. I guess I still will but I really don't care for her design, oh well I guess i'll get used to it.

o tamago

completionist
Wow i really dont like the new girl
Being a girl, this is the first time ive ever really considered being the guy because i didnt like the girl at all.
crystal was my first game so i was really excited to see gold and silver remakes and play as kris, but now im kinda dissapointed =(

Status
Not open for further replies.