• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are you choosing the male or the female trainer? Marina or the new girl?

Male or female trainer?

• Male

Votes: 740 58.0%
  • Female

Votes: 148 11.6%
  • I want Marina!

Votes: 282 22.1%
  • New girl is better

Votes: 105 8.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
I'll be the boy. The new girl shocks me but thinking about it the male trainer is different too it's just his design is more similar to the original. By the time the games come out we'll already be perfectly fine with these new trainers. For now we're just shocked but once that shock is gone you won't be bothered by this new girl.

I must wonder what'll happen with the HGSS arc of the Pokemon Special manga.

KKInu

Gold's design is almost the smae as his original.... that kinda surprised me.....

even though its off topic, I'm gonna say right now what I'm REALLY looking forward to is seeing updated artwork for Silver.

goinGreen

<-I herd u Liek me?
I like the new twist on the male protagonist, although I don't like how he looks younger. They took the more violent edge out of pokemon... everything new curves well and is smiles. It didn't use to be that way, but I suppose I like the new twist.

The female protagonist, however, looks like utter FAIL to me. LOOK AT HER!! She's reminiscent of MARIO for pete's sake! Her hat is HUGE and her style is terrible (red shirt, overalls... mario) plus she has mario's-moustache-like ponytails!! She looks like a clown (and mario) to be honest.

Looking at the rest of the Corocoro update, I love the use of the pokegear. The girl's position of it looks better than the guys', but still, the Male it is. His name will be Gold, for reminiscent purpose.

Last edited:

ShinyVaati

100% Rebel Time Lord
The new girl is going to take some getting used to...

I'll probably play as the girl in HeartGold and the boy in SoulSilver. I am boy, though.

KKInu

One thing else that's annoying me though..... and this applies not only to the new girl but to Dawn as well...

WHY DOES THE POKEGEAR/POKETCH HAVE TO BE PINK!? I dunno, it really bugs me, Gold's new Pokegear appears to be blue so why couldn't the new girl's be red or some other color? Why PINK!? DX

I like pink, really, and I don't mind it on clothes and stuff (except in platinum when there was TOO much) but it irks me because if Pokemon were real and I were a trainer I wouldn't pick pink. I just find it too stereotypical -_-'

Poliwagged

I like the new twist on the male protagonist, although I don't like how he looks younger. They took the more violent edge out of pokemon... everything new curves well and is smiles. It didn't use to be that way, but I suppose I like the new twist./QUOTE]

Because the 10 year old boy finally looks like a 10 year old boy.
Yup.

Just because they made one character look less angry doesn't mean it's not going to be violent. I mean, pokemon battling is violent, you have an attack called CUT.

Tyrannotaur

Tyranitar Trainer
My Main game is always the boy and the side game is usually the girl. I don't really wanna play as the Boy twice..boring.

The new girl is interesting looking. Can't go wrong with Gold. It seems he loves shorts, cause they are comfy and easy to wear.

Remilia

The Scarlet Devil
Damn, It's a shame they let Marina out...
But I'll maybe still play as the female character. (as I am female).

KKInu

I like the new twist on the male protagonist, although I don't like how he looks younger. They took the more violent edge out of pokemon... everything new curves well and is smiles. It didn't use to be that way, but I suppose I like the new twist./QUOTE]

Because the 10 year old boy finally looks like a 10 year old boy.
Yup.

Just because they made one character look less angry doesn't mean it's not going to be violent. I mean, pokemon battling is violent, you have an attack called CUT.
....and guillotine.

.....The boy looks like he could be anywhere from 10-12.....

the girls NEVER look 10, NEVER. This new girl is the closest thing to 10 its ever been and STILL its a little iffy to believe..... they all have pronounced breasts, and I KNOW I was a flat board when I was 10,

mario_fan

Kawaiibunkle
:O no marina/crys!......*sniff* the only major person to have my name..(crys not marina)
that hat looks a little too stupid

but is it me or does gold look a little younger?

the male sprite is my pick

goinGreen

<-I herd u Liek me?
I agree that the 10 year old boy now looks 10 (okay, those might not be the exact ages, but still...) but I liked how Pokemon use to have an edge. I'm not saying HE looked violent, but it looked much more serious. Now it looks like everything could be smiles. It's mostly the shorts that bother me though, I like the change to his face. I'm just not a fan of the long-sleeved-shirt/short-poofy-shorts combo.

I agree with KKInu... the female characters do NOT look 10 (or before puberty age) because of their breasts. Their faces also make them look older, but the same face on a guy character makes them look younger because older males have more pronounced jaws/different shapes.

DANdotW

Previously Iota
I liked Crystal, but come on. This girl had high-waisted shorts with dungaree-style straps. She rules.

The boy looks very much like Gold did anyway.

In any case, I'm buying both so I'll play as both.

Iota

KKInu

I agree that the 10 year old boy now looks 10 (okay, those might not be the exact ages, but still...) but I liked how Pokemon use to have an edge. I'm not saying HE looked violent, but it looked much more serious. Now it looks like everything could be smiles. It's mostly the shorts that bother me though, I like the change to his face. I'm just not a fan of the long-sleeved-shirt/short-poofy-shorts combo.

I agree with KKInu... the female characters do NOT look 10 (or before puberty age) because of their breasts. Their faces also make them look older, but the same face on a guy character makes them look younger because older males have more pronounced jaws/different shapes.

I like his shorts... I'm mostly glad he looks relatively the same as before, Gold was one of my favorite males, and well, I played him for over 2 years in my Silver version so its nostalgic for me... Have to agree I liked him looking a bit more serious but I like him both ways.

I KNOW RIGHT!? I mean, jeez, I can never believe May or Dawn, ESPECIALLY May are 10, that's a bit of a stretch...... Misty in various media was considered 11 or 12 so that's more believable, but 10!? I know some people hit puberty faster than others but all of the female characters!? For Guys its debatable though, 10-12 is still the age range where guys can be shorter/ look younger than girls

Jster786

Ace Trainer
Jster786

The new girl looks like a high school student from somewhere in Kansas(no offense to anybody) with a bomb under her hat and an armory in her "bag". I really want Kris back...

Tabby Catty

Courtney loves Ruby
Well, I was disappointed when I couldn't play as the Crystal girl, but that was my initial reaction, for some reason she is growing on me!

Poliwagged

....and guillotine.

.....The boy looks like he could be anywhere from 10-12.....

the girls NEVER look 10, NEVER. This new girl is the closest thing to 10 its ever been and STILL its a little iffy to believe..... they all have pronounced breasts, and I KNOW I was a flat board when I was 10,

I was flat when I was 10 too.

but wait a minute I'm a guy

Gold has always had the long sleeved shirt + shorts...The new Gold might look less serious, but for all we know, looks can be decieving.

Mark_Chaos

WARP EVOLUTION!
Why do the eye color of the female characters always match their hair color, I never understood that?

Anyway what happened to Crystal God damnit!? I still buying this game though.

Status
Not open for further replies.