• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are you choosing the male or the female trainer? Marina or the new girl?

Male or female trainer?

• Male

Votes: 740 58.0%
  • Female

Votes: 148 11.6%
  • I want Marina!

Votes: 282 22.1%
  • New girl is better

Votes: 105 8.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Surfing_Pikachu

redrunner89

Serebii War Leader
male all the way, the "soul" isn't the greatest female character, but they couldn't use kris (Marina) since these games have nothing to do with remaking the crystal game.

itsme

(ノ@皿@)ノ ~ lolwut?
If the girl didn't have that misplaced ribbon, I would have girl. Also, wtf is wrong with the guy's pants?

Trainmaster718

ORAS is here!
I honestly prefer Marina. The new girl looks rather awkward. Not very Johto-like in my opinion.

Your right, the new girl doesn't look like she's from Johto. And jeez, what's up with that hat? I miss Marina, but there's nothing we can do about it, it's already been decided by the Nintendo Lords haha.

But maybe...just maaaybe...they'll make a 3rd game(like cyrstal) and Marina will be in it!!! Wishfull thinking, but I doubt it will happen.

Last edited:

Olympichero191

Embraced by Hatred..
Umm.. I'm not sure. I'm getting both games so I think I'll choose the boy for my Silver Version and the girl for my Gold, but there's no sprite for the girl so... I may change my mind depending on the sprite.

I do like the new girl though. But I don't think my choice would be any different if Marina were the female character.

mr_one_eye

maybe marina is going to be like dawn, as in apear a few times through-out the game and play a small part???(i still want her as a rival/me)

Waffles

WACKY DELLY YEAH
The hat needs to go. Of course, character customization is probably a long way off. I'll just pick the male character.

Mrmagius

~Deity of Valleity~
male all the way, the "soul" isn't the greatest female character, but they couldn't use kris (Marina) since these games have nothing to do with remaking the crystal game.

Why does everyone keep saying they "couldn't" use kris, as if that's perfectly justifiable?

I don't see anything stopping them, Leaf wasn't in the original RBY game but in the remakes she was there. Marina wasn't in the original G/S but in the remake she could be there. Really what's stopping them

Nothing, thats what. They just wanted to make more "eye candy". You may call me sick for using that phrase for a video game character, buts thats an actual reason that the anime used for dumping may or misty I believe, which is quite sickeningly misogynistic.

Tomato-kun

I'm clueless ♥
What in the holy f*** happened to Kris?!?!?

NINTENDO NEEDS TO BE SHAKEN OVER 9000 TIMES FOR THIS CRIME!!!!

The new girl looks like one of those porely cared for retarded people you see a Wal-Mart, with they're uncaring parents.

Short OVERALLS?!? of all things, it had to be a HUGE mother freakin hat, and blue jean, short overalls! This new chick is gonna get b**** slapped by Kris for taking her spot, most definetly.

What leave out Kris, though? what was wrong with her?

But, let bagons be bagons, and ill guess ill just have to settle with the japanese being interested in wierd crap and putting it into the pokemon games...

She may not have "good" fashion skills,but I don't see anything wrong with her. She looks like a fun protaganist to play as. Giant hat and all. Though,she does seem a little old for overalls

Oshtoby

Totodile, whoooo!
Why so much anger at the new female trainer design?
Soul.png

I mean, look at it. It's just as good as the other trainers of past games. In fact, looks kinda like May mixed with Leaf.

Tomato-kun

I'm clueless ♥
Soul.png

I mean, look at it. It's just as good as the other trainers of past games.

Correct.
People just dislike the fact they took away Kris,they found her nogastalic and important to the franchise since she was the first female playable character.

Oh,and they dislike her fashion sense for some reason. She seems creative and unique to me. You don't see Pokemon trainers with a fashion sense like her.

KKInu

Soul.png

I mean, look at it. It's just as good as the other trainers of past games.

Not enjoying the hate either. I mean, yeah, I'm not s happy as I would've been if they revamped Kris instead of making a new character, but jeez, complaining isn't gonna change anything so you may as well state your opinion once and then try to get used to it.

People have thus far stated they don't like her because a. not as good looking as kris b. looks "creepy c. looks like a country hick d. has a stupid hat, e. looks like MARIO or TOAD, etc.

Icicle

It's the hat/overalls, at least for me.

I just don't like how she looks like a farm girl. The look of her with out that outfit would be fine for me.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
Man, Nugirl is 70% leg, 20% toothpick-width torso, and 10% head. What the hell. Her clothes aren't great either - knee socks don't look good on anybody, and her hat is just so...frilly foo-foo. And it highlights how stupid her hair looks. Oh, and she has SUSPENDERS. What the hell, is she a farmhand or something? And of COURSE her Pokegear is pink. Why WOULDN'T it be pink. ALL GIRLS LOVE PINK, RIGHT?

Fuck it, I'm playing as Kenta. He might be a guy(whereas I am a girl), and he may look like he's two years younger in HGSS than he does in GSC, but at least he's not overly girly girl/girl with NO FASHION SENSE. I'll take pink!pink!OHGODPINK!Platinum!Dawn over...that.

redrunner89

Serebii War Leader
maybe marina is going to be like dawn, as in apear a few times through-out the game and play a small part???(i still want her as a rival/me)

dude are you serious, if you pick the boy the girl will be your rival in the same sense as dawn is d/p/pt. Marina will not be in the game at all, she was created for crystal not for g/s and this a g/s remake so no marina

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
A boy, because I am one.

The new female character isn't that bad looking, but her ginormous hat looks ridiculous.

DeadlyLucario

I wanted to play as Marina but it looks like thats not happening. So ill have to choose the male character as the female one fails with them awful clothes IMO.

TicoPokemonMaster

Soul.png

I mean, look at it. It's just as good as the other trainers of past games. In fact, looks kinda like May mixed with Leaf.

How dare u compare this beast to May!!!!!!!

May, Dawn, and Leaf look way better than her.( so does kris/marina).

and what is with those eyes, it seems like she is about to kill gold.
looking at gold and I noticed that his hair doesn't come out of the hole in the hat. If I remember didn't his G/S/C picture show his hair coming out of his hat.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.