• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are you choosing the male or the female trainer? Marina or the new girl?

Male or female trainer?

• Male

Votes: 740 58.0%
  • Female

Votes: 148 11.6%
  • I want Marina!

Votes: 282 22.1%
  • New girl is better

Votes: 105 8.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MewtwosAdvocate

The Last Supram
Imo it's the same girl just heavily redesigned... Remember Red's hair color was changed from black to brown... Just look past the color change... =)

hgsskris.jpg

If that is a redesigned Crystal, I dont like it. It's the hat. She'd be fine without the hat.

Sailor_Tenchi

SoulEdit.jpg

Lol, I know Gold's hat doesn't really go with her, but I wanted to see her without her giant-ribbon hat.

Crystal Clair

In after a few hours of sleep

I guess I will buy the game. However, I'm choosing Heart and I'll either pick Kenta or Gold for his name.

I actually gotta say that Heart looks so girly that I was like "is that the new girl? She sure looks like Gold!"

And a more calm comment about the girl
too un-Johto-ish
too generic
those suspenders don't even cover her chest, they look terrible
short shorts for the fanboys to fap to
big crack-induced eyes
I don't buy that whole Kris was for Crystal, but if they're willing to play that game, you won't expect a battle tower in GSDS nor can you expect Eusine, nor Buena's password. Sad but that's what Nintendo seems to be doing.

Now why the he** did the anime cameo Marina so much to get up all the hype then tell us we cannot eve play as her. Talk about false advertising!

Last edited:

KKInu

SoulEdit.jpg

Lol, I know Gold's hat doesn't really go with her, but I wanted to see her without her giant-ribbon hat.

Actually, that doesn't look half bad, give her a baseball cap and she looks real sporty XD Either ditch the ribbon hat, or ditch the overalls, or better yet, ditch both, and keep the blue shorts and red hoodie, and she looks pretty cool in my opinion. I wanna try draw that now.

Sailor_Tenchi

Actually, that doesn't look half bad, give her a baseball cap and she looks real sporty XD Either ditch the ribbon hat, or ditch the overalls, or better yet, ditch both, and keep the blue shorts and red hoodie, and she looks pretty cool in my opinion. I wanna try draw that now.

*nods* Her real hat just bothers me. Otherwise, I don't care. I don't care for the overalls, but I can deal with those better than that hat.

KKInu

*nods* Her real hat just bothers me. Otherwise, I don't care. I don't care for the overalls, but I can deal with those better than that hat.

Looking at her with a baseball cap, the overalls actually match better XD her real hat just makes the overalls look really off and they stand out alot more, so its easier to say they don't look that good.

I think if I find the time I'm gonna try do an editing job on her artwork, at least to see what she'd look like in just the red hoodie and shorts. I dunno if I can edit the hat off unfortunately since I can't completely gage where the hat is just poufing up rather than covering her head. At most I can probably only edit the ribbon off or something, which would still probably look better than leaving it. Really, Kris will always be better but I'm starting to warm up to the new girl now, its just the hat looks out of place XD

Sailor_Tenchi

Looking at her with a baseball cap, the overalls actually match better XD her real hat just makes the overalls look really off and they stand out alot more, so its easier to say they don't look that good.

I think if I find the time I'm gonna try do an editing job on her artwork, at least to see what she'd look like in just the red hoodie and shorts. I dunno if I can edit the hat off unfortunately since I can't completely gage where the hat is just poufing up rather than covering her head. At most I can probably only edit the ribbon off or something, which would still probably look better than leaving it. Really, Kris will always be better but I'm starting to warm up to the new girl now, its just the hat looks out of place XD

Yeah, I just meant the color's a bit off, haha.

*nods* The ribbon's just...blech.

ArcananShadow

Poke Wanderer
SoulEdit.jpg

Yep its the hat. I had to think about it but when I saw this I realized, her head looks normal. I than looked at the original and saw her head appeared huge.

I can deal with new girl and young Gold, but try not to push it Nintendo.

Honestly.

KKInu

Yeah, I just meant the color's a bit off, haha.

*nods* The ribbon's just...blech.

wait... color of the overalls? Or the hat? XD overalls are mostly fine except their design is a little iffy.... not liking the randomly placed "buttons". I do like that she's technically wearing "shorts" instead of a skirt though, which we've been getting on every female character than came AFTER Kris (May wears bike shorts under her skirt, but its a skirt nonetheless)

Yes, that darned hat XD the ribbon is what put me off in the first place and it took me a while to get used to. I still don't like it but now I've having fun thinking of ways to improve her costume. The girl herself dosn't look bad really, its her outfit ('cept the hoodie, melikes red hoodie)

I'm hoping her ingame sprite looks better, since we can't really see overalls like that XD

SilverMorty

Definitely choosing the male, Gold looks so cool with the updated look :)

He's my fave guy trainer

and i'll just have to get used to the girl, i'll play with her after another game

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
Okay guys, try not to turn it into a huge discussion about the new outfit. It is what it is. Post your fanart somewhere else :/

Sailor_Tenchi

wait... color of the overalls? Or the hat? XD overalls are mostly fine except their design is a little iffy.... not liking the randomly placed "buttons". I do like that she's technically wearing "shorts" instead of a skirt though, which we've been getting on every female character than came AFTER Kris (May wears bike shorts under her skirt, but its a skirt nonetheless)

Yes, that darned hat XD the ribbon is what put me off in the first place and it took me a while to get used to. I still don't like it but now I've having fun thinking of ways to improve her costume. The girl herself dosn't look bad really, its her outfit ('cept the hoodie, melikes red hoodie)

I'm hoping her ingame sprite looks better, since we can't really see overalls like that XD

Either one. If I was less lazy I'd fix that too. XD Yeah, I'm not a skirt person either.

Same here.

True, true. XD

KKInu

Okay guys, try not to turn it into a huge discussion about the new outfit. It is what it is. Post your fanart somewhere else :/

Sorry! got a bit carried away ^^;

basically, alot of people either flat out want a revamped Kris, or just don't like the new girls outfit and not much else. I'm gonna play her regardless, though I might get HeartGold and play Gold in that one.

@Mewtwo. her name as far as I know hasn't been confirmed. Since there's already a Gold, Silver, and Kris, people are just labelling the new girl as either "Soul" or "Heart" depending on their preference.

hellmetal789

continues to strive!
well that really doesnt work for me i want marina back :p.

but i stated before that i will pick male for gold and female for silver :) thats not on the poll :(

Agustus

The female character looks... Out of place. Maybe she should be the 5th generation girl? If the game is a remake of G/S (which it obviously is) they should use the original characters from the game. After all, don't fix what isn't broken, right?

I'm kinda disappointed at the fact that they took out Crystal/Kris, I liked her look :(
I think I'm going with Gold, even though I'm a girl...the new girl seems kinda blah, and her eyes are just the tiniest bit creepy...

KKInu

The female character looks... Out of place. Maybe she should be the 5th generation girl? If the game is a remake of G/S (which it obviously is) they should use the original characters from the game. After all, don't fix what isn't broken, right?

True, but I think the creators logic was Kris was specifically a Crystal character -_-' or something, therefore they needed a girl specifically for Silver and Gold. Certainly Kris would've been nice. I actually hoenstly don't mind the new girl, its just her HAT and her OVERALLS, everything else is FINE DX

The eyes are something you kind of have to deal with.... Ken Sugimori's new style has a high tendency to make a characters expression look a bit..... creepy, especially because they all look kinda the same. This girl is one who's eyes weren't drawn too good, I'm not fond of how Leaf's eyes looked either but meh -_-'

Status
Not open for further replies.