• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are you choosing the male or the female trainer? Marina or the new girl?

Male or female trainer?

• Male

Votes: 740 58.0%
  • Female

Votes: 148 11.6%
  • I want Marina!

Votes: 282 22.1%
  • New girl is better

Votes: 105 8.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

firelovindocker

the girl isn't that bad marina and crys are waaay better
i think the problem is her big pig tails, her hat and her overalls
i she had a better outfit and no pigtils she'd be okay

marbig

I don't know what to think of the new girl, I'll wait until I see her in game to decide. I will probably play as a male, because I think Gold is awesome. I play a Dawn in Pearl/will in Platinum but not as May in Emerald because I don't think the green suited her.
So most likely Gold.

Bardische

Elegance.
They. Killed. Marina.

The only reason why I want to play the remakes of these games was the fact that I can utilize in playing Marina again, the same girl who started the trend of having a female-select character in the first play.

I like the girl's design though. Reminds me of a misty-looking trainer, with May's hair and Dawn's hat. But Marina still is the best. I SUPPORT! But I guess I'll just pick the girl, give her a try :)

Off-topic: The Pikachu-colored Pichu will apparently be another Shiny Pokemon part of the plot in HG/SS. I just noticed that.

Poliwagged

They. Killed. Marina.

The only reason why I want to play the remakes of these games was the fact that I can utilize in playing Marina again, the same girl who started the trend of having a female-select character in the first play.

I like the girl's design though. Reminds me of a misty-looking trainer, with May's hair and Dawn's hat. But Marina still is the best. I SUPPORT! But I guess I'll just pick the girl, give her a try :)

Off-topic: The Pikachu-colored Pichu will apparently be another Shiny Pokemon part of the plot in HG/SS. I just noticed that.

To be honest, Kris felt like a random last minute addition to buff up pokemon to appeal to females also. Her character design was almost like a carbon copy of Gold, except feminine.
Regardless if she was the first female PC, she didn't feel very special.

They were supposed to add a female characters in R/B and then in G/S, but was cut due to time and space constriction, or so I've heard. The new girl could very well have been based on an old conceptual design for a Female PC that was to be in the original G/S. (Not stating facts, just possibilities)

ElegyCity

Do we get ice cream?
Actually i want to see what the girl looks like in overworld form, She might look better.

I Like them both, but the little bit of hair poking out the hat on the boy annoys me.

Overworld form is probably gonna look even more like a mushroom with that rediculous hat she has. Maybe we will get to see a random ;190; steal it from her.

Lucazard

Spoof Man™
I've always been a boy my whole entire life and I would never be a girl. I dont really care about Marina either.

Bardische

Elegance.
To be honest, Kris felt like a random last minute addition to buff up pokemon to appeal to females also. Her character design was almost like a carbon copy of Gold, except feminine.
Regardless if she was the first female PC, she didn't feel very special.

They were supposed to add a female characters in R/B and then in G/S, but was cut due to time and space constriction, or so I've heard. The new girl could very well have been based on an old conceptual design for a Female PC that was to be in the original G/S. (Not stating facts, just possibilities)

So you're saying that maybe they're giving the new girl a chance?

I understand what you're pointing out though, she does look a little like Kris, albeit a really old design. You have a point there.

NES

Flip me to the side!
Overworld form is probably gonna look even more like a mushroom with that rediculous hat she has. .

Saddly i think so, 4th gen characters look like they have BIG heads, just look at Dawn and make a female with a bigger hat o_O

Yoru Ryu

Zhampy
I don't get why people are complaining about her hat. It's awesome =[ I have one almost exactly the same and it's so cute and poofy and cute. It's the overalls that get me.

Honestly tho, it won't really make that much difference to play as New Girl since she will only be a teensy little bunch of pixels not some beautiful 3D model. And i doubt Crystal/Marina's manga and anime counterpart will change to match this girl so really, no biggie.

Dannytoge

信じる!
I think everyones being a little harsh on the new girl.
I personally like her, i think she isnt the worse weve ever had.

chubac6

Pokemon Master
I was hoping to be the girl again (When I was little and first got Crystal, I was so happy they let you be a girl I chose the girl, despite being a boy)

But with this new chick, Im not sure I will. I mean, the last girl even had the same name as me! Chris! (Actually Krys)

TSARINA.

I'm a girl, but I don't enjoy the new girl.
But I'll play as a girl.

I like the colors, but I miss the old trainers.

Last edited:

KKInu

I think everyones being a little harsh on the new girl.
I personally like her, i think she isnt the worse weve ever had.

Yeah, people are being a bit harsh, I'm starting to feel sorry for her. I'm not fond of certain articles of her clothing but I don't think its a really big deal, she's just a game character and her appearance doesn't really affect the gameplay much at all in my opinion. Besides, I can have fun thinking up variations to her costume ^_^.

Who is the worst you think we've had? I'm curious.

Poliwagged

So you're saying that maybe they're giving the new girl a chance?

I understand what you're pointing out though, she does look a little like Kris, albeit a really old design. You have a point there.

That, and I'm saying for the people who are going to play this game to give the new girl a chance. If you stop thinking about Kris, you'll grow to like her.

Sure she's not Kris, but just the fact alone that a lot of people QQing and jumping to all sorts of conclusions that this game is automatically bad because Kris isn't in it just screams that you guys need to loosen your nostalgia goggles a little bit.
Your real eyes need some circulation you know!

jellsprout

Dear lord, she's hideous. Everything from the blank expression to the farmer's uniform to the hat.
She looks like a copy of the FR/LG female trainer, only screwed over in every single way possible.
I very much prefer Kris.

Dannytoge

信じる!
Yeah, people are being a bit harsh, I'm starting to feel sorry for her. I'm not fond of certain articles of her clothing but I don't think its a really big deal, she's just a game character and her appearance doesn't really affect the gameplay much at all in my opinion. Besides, I can have fun thinking up variations to her costume ^_^.

Who is the worst you think we've had? I'm curious.

I dont like the fr/lg girl, i think she looks like a fisherman not a pokemon trainer.

This is my opinion so people dont rage at me :p

I like the new girl, yes she is different but she works.

KKInu

I dont like the fr/lg girl, i think she looks like a fisherman not a pokemon trainer.

This is my opinion so people dont rage at me :p

I like the new girl, yes she is different but she works.

It's fine. Actually, I also wasn't fond of FR/LG girl's hat at first...... so I can see where you're coming from. I eventually got used to it though, so I'm probably gonna get used to this girl too, I'm gonna be optimistic about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.