• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are you choosing the male or the female trainer? Marina or the new girl?

Male or female trainer?

• Male

Votes: 740 58.0%
  • Female

Votes: 148 11.6%
  • I want Marina!

Votes: 282 22.1%
  • New girl is better

Votes: 105 8.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dannytoge

信じる!
It's fine. Actually, I also wasn't fond of FR/LG girl's hat at first...... so I can see where you're coming from. I eventually got used to it though, so I'm probably gonna get used to this girl too, I'm gonna be optimistic about it.

Yeah, i admit the new girls hat isnt the best, but its ok.

I like herr :D

I want to know her name though, You know because they usually name her if you dont play her?

(Like May in r/s/e & Dawn in dppt)

I think they scraped krys because compared to the boy, she looked very "WOAH!" so they developed a more normal looking character.

fenris91

No Kris makes me sad...:( She was the first playable girl, I can't believe they just let her go like that! I'll probably play as boy, not out of protest but since the advent of easy trades on Wi-Fi, I'll only role play as girls on single player RPG's now.

New girl is fine, (looks like she could be Gold's sister actually!!) but we might have set aside a talk with the lead character designer (is it Sugamori too w/ the humans or just pokemon?) about his fixation on headwear (on both the boys AND girls) over the past few games in general.

Bandana FTW.

KKInu

Yeah, i admit the new girls hat isnt the best, but its ok.

I like herr :D

I want to know her name though, You know because they usually name her if you dont play her?

(Like May in r/s/e & Dawn in dppt)

I think they scraped krys because compared to the boy, she looked very "WOAH!" so they developed a more normal looking character.

I never name my characters their default names with the exception of Kanto, and then only as a boy. The girl I picked a name for. In any case it won't matter what they name her since I'm gonna call her something else anyway.

What do you mean? Kris had pretty awesome clothes if you do say so myself, and this girl with her big ribbon hat and overalls looks pretty far from normal ^^; that's just my opinion. The hat doens't make her really match Gold so its a little bothersome but its okay.

No Kris makes me sad...:( She was the first playable girl, I can't believe they just let her go like that! I'll probably play as boy, not out of protest but since the advent of easy trades on Wi-Fi, I'll only role play as girls on single player RPG's now.

New girl is fine, (looks like she could be Gold's sister actually!!) but we might have set aside a talk with the lead character designer (is it Sugamori too w/ the humans or just pokemon?) about his fixation on headwear (on both the boys AND girls) over the past few games in general.

Bandana FTW.

I think its a given that the player characters, male or female, have to have some sort of headgear, name ONE player character that DIDN'T have something covering his/her head. The Rivals generally don't have any headgear however.

Last edited:

Dannytoge

信じる!
I never name my characters their default names with the exception of Kanto, and then only as a boy. The girl I picked a name for. In any case it won't matter what they name her since I'm gonna call her something else anyway.

What do you mean? Kris had pretty awesome clothes if you do say so myself, and this girl with her big ribbon hat and overalls looks pretty far from normal ^^; that's just my opinion. The hat doens't make her really match Gold so its a little bothersome but its okay.

I meant the fact that she had blue hair :p , I'm seriously considering being the girl now. But since i am male my two sisters who are getting it also, they will kill me.

Its sad how weve all decided the names for our trainers and what starters were having.

Me - Cyndaquil
Girly sister- Chikorita
Tom boy sister - Totadile

:D , But going back to my point, it was because krystal had blue hair, and personally i thought she looked older than what the trainers you play as usually are. I hope this girl dosent get a crap in game name like "Charlene" or something not unusuall :p

Jagged

The boy PC looks alot better now. If the female PC didn't have the hat and the overalls, she would look better. None the less, both look great and can't wait until the game's released.

Last edited:

ElegyCity

Do we get ice cream?

Bandana FTW.

Agreed bandana is pure win. That would be an interesting idea making her the sister of Gold/Jimmy as long as the Mom doesn't give her the money I send back.

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
I'll Call the new girl Chandicleer. For that Milktank farm outfit she deserves a farmish name.

BTW. You guys DO know that the FR/LG design IS based on the beta sprite that was going to be used in R/G/B/Y (Even beta shots show a female character walking around)? And if she was in R/G/B/Y, would you've complained? No. Because of nostalgia. While I do prefer Kris's design, this one ain't half bad.

Last edited:

KKInu

I meant the fact that she had blue hair :p , I'm seriously considering being the girl now. But since i am male my two sisters who are getting it also, they will kill me.

Its sad how weve all decided the names for our trainers and what starters were having.

Me - Cyndaquil
Girly sister- Chikorita
Tom boy sister - Totadile

:D , But going back to my point, it was because krystal had blue hair, and personally i thought she looked older than what the trainers you play as usually are. I hope this girl dosent get a crap in game name like "Charlene" or something not unusuall :p

Reminds me of a friend of mine, he played the girl in his Platinum version.

I'm already planning out my starter and player name (I ALWAYS nickname my Pokemon), which is REALLY sad, we aren't seeing a single copy of this game until Fall, and that's the JAPANESE version.

Cyndaquil for me XD though I like all the starters in Johto.

Dawn has blue hair too y'know XD I'm getting a little bit peeved at all the brunette female characters, how about a black haired or some other unusual hair colored female? That'd be awesome. In general, I've always thought the player characters, boy or girl, have looked too old for their supposed age, 10. All the girls have breasts which is unrealistic and the boys have an air of maturity that isn't natural in a 10 year old I think XD

@lex

Myth Collector
While there's nothing directly wrong with this new gal, I cannot comprehend why they would not use Crys as the female trainer. What's going to happen to her now? :/

Dannytoge

信じる!
Reminds me of a friend of mine, he played the girl in his Platinum version.

I'm already planning out my starter and player name (I ALWAYS nickname my Pokemon), which is REALLY sad, we aren't seeing a single copy of this game until Fall, and that's the JAPANESE version.

Cyndaquil for me XD though I like all the starters in Johto.

Dawn has blue hair too y'know XD I'm getting a little bit peeved at all the brunette female characters, how about a black haired or some other unusual hair colored female? That'd be awesome. In general, I've always thought the player characters, boy or girl, have looked too old for their supposed age, 10. All the girls have breasts which is unrealistic and the boys have an air of maturity that isn't natural in a 10 year old I think XD

Cmon, dawns blue hair was alot more toned down than krys :p
But i suppose your right, however i like this new girl better than krys :p

Yeah i hope in the future we will get characters with blonde or red hair,

But who knows.

XyronTheFalcon

I'm Back? YAY!
Nope. Female character is a fail. Marina (Crystal was her Comic Name?) is the best. They should have kept here.

Am a dude so it doesn't really matter but still...

LightingKimba

Listenin' t'Dragons!
Nope. Female character is a fail. Marina (Crystal was her Comic Name?) is the best. They should have kept here.

Am a dude so it doesn't really matter but still...

Anime adaptation is Marina. Kris is used for both the manga and the games.

And like I said, I pretty much gave up on trying to get people to be less harsh on the new girl. I guess in October or something... ;>_>

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
Fanart of this character is already being made and in some of the pictures her hat looks a lot better. With this in mind her design may be easier for people to accept when we see sprites. But first I was to see Elm and Silver.

KKInu

Fanart of this character is already being made and in some of the pictures her hat looks a lot better. With this in mind her design may be easier for people to accept when we see sprites. But first I was to see Elm and Silver.

Ditto, I wanna see Silver in Ken's updated style ^_^.

Ooh, fanart, link please? I'm gonna try draw something later..... I really hope people start being a little more open minded about this soon.

Slowking[George]

#SPP-WiFi HOP
While there's nothing directly wrong with this new gal, I cannot comprehend why they would not use Crys as the female trainer. What's going to happen to her now? :/

Yeah, the hat is basically what is making her look awful. But nonetheless, she looks fine in general. And the hat's not THAT bad, all you have to do is ignore it. :p As for Crys, she was in Crystal only, and these aree Gold/Silver remakes. :p

The boy PC looks alot better now. If the female PC didn't have the hat and the overalls, she would look better. None the less, both look great and can't wait until the game's released.

The good thing about the boy is that he's something new, yet he does keep some characteristics of the original Gold, so that does make you feel it's a remake.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
I just can't help but laugh at the people complaining about the girl from Crystal not being in the Gold & Silver remakes.

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
I just can't help but laugh at the people complaining about the girl from Crystal not being in the Gold & Silver remakes.
That's true. However once they get the "OMG it's not Crystal" thing out of their system I'm sure many people will grow to accept the new girl.

treespyro

Vintage much?
Don't care how they look but I always go for the Female characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.