• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are you choosing the male or the female trainer? Marina or the new girl?

Male or female trainer?

• Male

Votes: 740 58.0%
  • Female

Votes: 148 11.6%
  • I want Marina!

Votes: 282 22.1%
  • New girl is better

Votes: 105 8.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
That's true. However once they get the "OMG it's not Crystal" thing out of their system I'm sure many people will grow to accept the new girl.

Hope so. I really don't see what's wrong with the new girl anyway. I for one, think she's adorable. Much better than Dawn in DPt.

Gonadios

I'm a loon.
Well I normally play female characters but wow, I am not gonna run around looking like some special ed. Dutch girl. Looks like she is wearing a chamber pot on her head as well. At least the male still looks reasonably close to his former self guess I will go with him like I did back in the old days.

Senshi_

Wow.. Just wow... The new girl (to whom I shall from now on refer to as 'Pinky' due to lack of a better name) just looks horrible. I feel like she's from Sinnoh, has a MAJOR fashion crisis and doesn't go well with Gold at all. Honestly though, why in Donphan's name would Nintendo scrap Crystal/ Marina? It's not like she looked out of date or anything. And besides that, even IF they wanted to have another girl, why give her this failed florist outfit? [/rant] Ok, I think I'm done... But still not over it >.<;

Senshi_

Wow.. Just wow... The new girl (to whom I shall from now on refer to as 'Pinky' due to lack of a better name) just looks horrible. I feel like she's from Sinnoh, has a MAJOR fashion crisis and doesn't go well with Gold at all. Honestly though, why in Donphan's name would Nintendo scrap Crystal/ Marina? It's not like she looked out of date or anything. And besides that, even IF they wanted to have another girl, why give her this failed florist outfit? [/rant] Ok, I think I'm done... But still not over it >.<;

EDIT:
... I am not gonna run around looking like some special ed. Dutch girl. Looks like she is wearing a chamber pot on her head as well. ...
We Dutchies have feelings to y'know? ;) =P But yeah, it does look sort of like a pot (or a balloon/ Drifloon..)

youssef20138

1000 Years of Pain!
I want Crystal back D:, she was the best pokemon catcher ever.

Fire_Fan

Watch me burn..
I don't mind the new girl but the reason why I wanted Crystal in Gold/Silver re-make was because I don't think they'll do a Crystal re-make and wanted to re-live the joy I got playing her since she was the first female playable character and we have similar names XD

I wish they had added her but I'll still use the new girl but her dress style seems 60's some past era or something to me.

Shinnie-tan

I'll probably play as a girl and then when I play again with a different starter, I'll play as the boy.

Honestly, I find the new girl to be adorable - her clothes are pretty cute as well(and make the bow smaller, and I'd wear her hat myself) and I find her to be better looking than Crystal. So what if she doesn't look like a "trainer"? It's not like the clothes make the trainer.

Last edited:

ElegyCity

Do we get ice cream?
Well I normally play female characters but wow, I am not gonna run around looking like some special ed. Dutch girl. Looks like she is wearing a chamber pot on her head as well. At least the male still looks reasonably close to his former self guess I will go with him like I did back in the old days.

This made me smile :). Be careful or she may give you a poorly done fingerpainting of a flower or something.

major may

cheese is fun
I'm going to be female even though im male. She's new and looks bettere then the male. I'm getting both games though so it doesn't really matter.

ShadowWes

< I can fly! Weeeee!
I'll probably play as a girl and then when I play again with a different starter, I'll play as the boy.

Honestly, I find the new girl to be adorable - her clothes are pretty cute as well(and make the bow smaller, and I'd wear her hat myself) and I find her to be better looking than Crystal. So what if she doesn't look like a "trainer"? It's not like the clothes make the trainer.

i don't get what the big deal about 'clothes' is. Leaf's and Dawn's outfits didn't look like something a female Pokemon Trainer would wear to me (but that's just me), so why criticize this girl so much on her outfit? Ah, well...

Like I said before, I don't care because I am male and will be playing male.

Murra Myrrh

First 5th Gen Shiny!
Meh, not much we can do about the ridiculous factor of the female. Regardless, I will chose to be female for one of my files... probably my minor file or something, lol. I'm glad they stayed fairly true to the original male character of g/s/c, so I might use him for my gold file. Is it just me, or have all the female characters gotten...dumber? Uglier? More ridiculous? I dunno, just an observation.

ap13095

Noobslayer
I think she'll look okay in the game, but her artwork is awful nonetheless.

ShadowWes

< I can fly! Weeeee!
Meh, not much we can do about the ridiculous factor of the female. Regardless, I will chose to be female for one of my files... probably my minor file or something, lol. I'm glad they stayed fairly true to the original male character of g/s/c, so I might use him for my gold file. Is it just me, or have all the female characters gotten...dumber? Uglier? More ridiculous? I dunno, just an observation.

I noticed that:

Kris - Awesome design: cute look and nice outfit
May - Great design (Awesome > Great): cute look, ok outfit
Leaf - Great design: cute look, ok outfit
Dawn - Average design: could've done better with the outfit, but she is cute.
New Girl - Poor design: outfit isn't good at all and I see no cuteness factor in her.

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
I love how most of you are acting like this new girl's inclusion is the sign of the apocalypse. While I can't argue that she does kind of look silly, as did the boy trainer in D/P IMO (I didn't like his hat that much), complaining over it isn't going to get GameFreak/Nintendo to be all "lol justs kididng Crystal is gong tobe in!" Besides, why does it matter how a 10-year old (which is what I assume is what the characters' ages are given the child audiemce) fictional character looks?

In other words, making a big deal over this indicates worse problems than not having the old girl protagonist.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
i guess the boy as usual, even though the clothing looks robin hood gay i have to choose something to walk around with.

LimeStar

i like the new girl... idc about marina not being in it... i hope this new girls name is Delancey.. it suits her

Zero Nexus

Stand up, go for it
0_0

Am i the only one who thinks the new girl looks like a farmer?!

Seriously, she's not even DESIGNED to look hot!

All the other playable girls wear miniskirts and go commando, this girl is wearing overalls and looks like farmhand!

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
0_0

Am i the only one who thinks the new girl looks like a farmer?!

Seriously, she's not even DESIGNED to look hot!

All the other playable girls wear miniskirts and go commando, this girl is wearing overalls and looks like farmhand!

it doesn't look like a farmer at all in my opinion, just regular manganese modern clothing. farmers usualy wear way different clothing than that.

On another site I saw someone call the new girl's outfit VJ-huggers. If you don't know what VJ means...just ask someone.

Honestly, I can't stand the new girl. They couldn't revamp Marina like they did with the guy? Her hat annoys me to no end, too.

I'm playing as the Guy. I didn't LOVE Marina's design, but at least her shorts were...shorts.

Status
Not open for further replies.