• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are you choosing the male or the female trainer? Marina or the new girl?

Male or female trainer?

• Male

Votes: 740 58.0%
  • Female

Votes: 148 11.6%
  • I want Marina!

Votes: 282 22.1%
  • New girl is better

Votes: 105 8.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to admit the new girl has grown on me.
But I still want Marina back, she was a legend.

Sarracenia

Pokémagpie Zog
Lol, funny how everybody likes Soul now. Though not as funny as when a load of idiots got butthurt over lack of Marina/Chris and whatever.

I have to say I still find her clothes sort of dodgy, but then again Brendan had that terrible 'birdsplat' hat and I still played as him initially (I've played as May ever since because her pirate bandana is cool). Lucas' flat cap wasn't that bad either (being a Yorkshireman, it's not unusual for me to see random old blokes in flat caps) but I still have a game as Dawn. Her hat is worse than Lucas' imo, while the worst hat of the entire series is Brendan's and the best is May's.

Gold is cool too. Though he looks a bit of a poof (which is quite funny actually) compared to his initial, sort of badass looking G/S artwork (where he also looked weirdly square). Interesting to see how Sugimori's style's chaged over time, too. While the Pokémon are still similar as time progresses, with such throwbacks to old designs as Rotom (he's based on Pulseman), the player character designs have changed a lot. Namely how since Emerald, the artwork's given the characters some fairly strange glassy looking eyes. Not sure I like them, but Sugimori's style is still awesome. I'd quite like one of his Psyducks actually-I've only had Masuda's since the week they were given out.

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
Of course, I'll be picking the female trainer since I'm female myself. Although, I wish I was able to pick Marina...I kinda like her more than the new girl. :/

lucatio

cat lover 4 ever
male in all pokemon games i play as a male becausa my dad does the begining for me so i will be playing as the male and i don't like the new girl in the game.

Lol, funny how everybody likes Soul now. Though not as funny as when a load of idiots got butthurt over lack of Marina/Chris and whatever.

I have to say I still find her clothes sort of dodgy, but then again Brendan had that terrible 'birdsplat' hat and I still played as him initially (I've played as May ever since because her pirate bandana is cool). Lucas' flat cap wasn't that bad either (being a Yorkshireman, it's not unusual for me to see random old blokes in flat caps) but I still have a game as Dawn. Her hat is worse than Lucas' imo, while the worst hat of the entire series is Brendan's and the best is May's.

Gold is cool too. Though he looks a bit of a poof (which is quite funny actually) compared to his initial, sort of badass looking G/S artwork (where he also looked weirdly square). Interesting to see how Sugimori's style's chaged over time, too. While the Pokémon are still similar as time progresses, with such throwbacks to old designs as Rotom (he's based on Pulseman), the player character designs have changed a lot. Namely how since Emerald, the artwork's given the characters some fairly strange glassy looking eyes. Not sure I like them, but Sugimori's style is still awesome. I'd quite like one of his Psyducks actually-I've only had Masuda's since the week they were given out.

I always thought that Brendan wore a headband and had white hair....

Trainer_Melissa

The "Cute" Trainer
I LOVE the females cute face, and her hat looks cool as a pixel. So I am choosing her. Her clothes are sort of odd, but I don't really care, except for this:

NOTE: I'm going to say something else, but I'm not stating it as fact

Okay, so there's an anniversy in honor of the remake releases right? I don't know if it's Pokemon or something else related, but I do know this: it is Nintendo related.DO YOU THINK? (Just spit balling her) That that made Soul's clothes look distictive to Mario's because of the special event going to or is taking place?
Just please ponder that for a moment. I'm not saying it's true.

(BTW, the engineer Mario was on the logo on the old instruction booklets for the GBColor Nintendo games. And on the Pokemon I believe.)

Rayn_Shyu

Claimed!
I would love Kris back, seeing as she was my first avatar in the Pokemon games.
But Soul is kinda cute, I would be totally satisfied if all they did was turn her hair blue...
So probably Soul. I might get both games and play as both though.​

shinigami13

SoulSilver ftw!
I'm a guy so I'm going with the guy. I actually really like the new girl, like her better than Kris. Has anyone else noticed the characters look much kiddier than before.

lvl100blastoise

I'm going with the guy for my first play through at least.

I like the new girl a bit more than marina but then again marina looked more original and had a sort of flair that this girl is lacking.

Eon Master

Born from the Flames
The new girl looks freakin' ugly, espically in terms of the outfit.
Nah, she's just Mario's little sister, she took a wrong turn at the warp pipe and wound up in Johto.
Rurik, you hit the nail on the head, buddy.

FlashCannon

I Love Miltank!!
Sigh..

Whatever nintendo does to make you guys happy, but no the unsatisified 13 year olds have to cry and whine "waaaaah I want marina back"

Im picking a boy..

FlashCannon

I Love Miltank!!
Sigh..

Whatever nintendo does to make you guys happy, but no the unsatisified 13 year olds have to cry and whine "waaaaah I want marina back"

Im picking a boy..

Status
Not open for further replies.