• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are you choosing the male or the female trainer? Marina or the new girl?

Male or female trainer?

• Male

Votes: 740 58.0%
  • Female

Votes: 148 11.6%
  • I want Marina!

Votes: 282 22.1%
  • New girl is better

Votes: 105 8.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

[Paper Snow]

MNU spreads lies
For HeartGold, I think I'll play as a male. I'm a chick, but I really don't like the new girl's outfit. It's just too ridiculous for my tastes. But I think I might play as her in SoulSilver anyway, just so I can name her "Hello Kitty". I cannot unsee that now.

Eon Master

Born from the Flames
Really Mature...

Sigh..

Whatever nintendo does to make you guys happy, but no the unsatisified 13 year olds have to cry and whine "waaaaah I want marina back"

Im picking a boy..

Nice job, double posting and then not deleting one. No common sense. Also, I'm probably older than you and I want Crys/Marina back.

Eon Master

Born from the Flames
Lol, i agree with Carlisle. Furthermore, you are a total noob who has no idea what he is talking about and is just trying to be funny. You failed miserably

superdonut

GaGa Ooh Lala
As wrong as he may be about the ages, I'll have to partially agree with him. I find the complaints about the new girl to be getting really old (Though, of course, you are entitled to your opinions). I personally, along with a lot of people, have grown to really like the new girl. I admit she was a tad shocking at first, but she really grew on me. Either way, Kris is not coming back and everyone needs to get over that. And no, Crystal will not be remade. >:[

No offense to anyone here.

Eon Master

Born from the Flames
I don't know how you can like the new girl, but I'll accept what u said about him being partially right. He is still a noob, though.

superdonut

GaGa Ooh Lala
Well, I like the new girl for the following reasons.

- She's cute (of course, thats an opinion)
- Her hat looks like it could be a convenient storage place for items and whatnot
- Her colors dont clash like Kris's, and quite frankly Kris looks like she came to Johto from the 80's in one of the time machines
- Shes supposed to be 10ish, so the overalls arent such an odd thing (I wore overalls when I was that age)
- I just overall think shes a lot cooler than Kris, and she's probably my favorite female character

But that's just me.

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
I really don't like the new girl's hair..but otherwise, I don't have a problem with her. I might choose to play as her when I get HeartGold.

FlashCannon

I Love Miltank!!
I don't know how you can like the new girl, but I'll accept what u said about him being partially right. He is still a noob, though.

No, I don't know anyone who still thinks using the word noob is actually a insult, unless you are a new kid to the internet.
also, crying about a pixelated girl in a pokemon game is really sad.

I bet you still get hard off dawn,misty, and may.

And on occasions even brock and ash.

So who wins there?

Eon Master

Born from the Flames
Not even gonna go there b/c I don't give a crap. Also for the record, I do not get hard off of any of the aformentioned characters. You took that way too personally. I did not mean to offend you that badly. I'm sorry.

Last edited:

Grei

not the color

: |

*looks at postcount*

*looks at quote*

Lol, i agree with Carlisle. Furthermore, you are a total noob who has no idea what he is talking about and is just trying to be funny. You failed miserably

Uh-huh...uh-huh...

Uh...The girl?
Because I am one?
And anyway, she's starting to warm on me. I quite like her outfit.

I personally don't like her outfit, but then again, I see her overworld sprite looking just fine (probably because of the fanmade sprite in one of the member's signatures), so I don't think her outfit or looks in general will have as much bearing as people seem to think.

Nonetheless, I'm picking Gold, but even so, it won't matter as much once you start playing. :\ I'd feel weird if I was a girl but played as a boy...and I wouldn't feel like I'm connecting with the game as much.

I mean, I picked Dawn for Platinum and as a result, I really didn't feel like I was a part of the Pokemon World, which is what the main protagonist's lack of speech and overall personality is supposed to accomplish.

Poison_master021

<----thats right
since im a guy i picked the guy Trainer but i dont think the new girls that Bad Looks like Hahaha Ash and Mays kid whos Aunt is Dawn and Uncle is Brock

I'm a female, so I'll be choosing Marina. The new girl looks like Mario's female counter-part, if you ask me.

Jirachi_Star

Fiddlesticks!
hmmm... i don't know yet. I'm a girl and probably will choose the girl. Or maybe I'll choose a boy for the heck of it.

Jolesy

Sparky Jolteons(:
I like the new girl. Hat's a bit poofy and the bow's not my taste but she's not that bad. But since I am a girl I will be getting the girl. What is their names anyways. But I did like Marina [I guess that's the girl's name in the first].

I'm not sure how old I was when Cyrstal came out [I'm 15 now so probably 6-8] I even knew then that they starting to accept that more girls played the game [I guess to me that was it]. So Marina was a big step up in the games to me so I wish she would be in the game somehow like an older sister or something. Kinda off topic but I wanted to say it.

Kindrindra

大事なのは自分らしいくある事
Well... Boy, cause I`m a male.
(For some reason, I pictured a nidoran male as I typed that... weird.)
Anyway, I rather like the new girl. In my opinon, they DIDN`T replace Kris. Kris is the crystal character and... Soul? Is the HGSS character. After all, Kris`s Crystal-colored hair would of made it pretty hard for her to fit in in HGSS... However, I won`t be the one complaining if they make her an opponent, or some character comments on her. Heck, she could replace that Cal guy from the viridian city trainer house.

Sarracenia

Pokémagpie Zog
I bet you still get hard off dawn,misty, and may.

And on occasions even brock and ash.
This is actually such an immature thing to say it's surprisingly not funny.

And yeah, would be cool if Trainer House was still there. I initially wasn't aware that Cal was pre-programmed, lol. The first person I traded with was my cousin, whose game name was also Cal. I found it weird that the ingame Cal was using a different team to my cousin's.

Status
Not open for further replies.