• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are you concerned about the Shadow Triad's possibility not making into Episode N?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Characters that have something to them = Overrated character

3 ninjas that go around protecting his master without not much substance besides that = great character.

Colress is better than The Shadow Triad but that doesn't mean I can't find him overrated. He is not better than Zinzolin. Ghetsis and N are the real stars of Plasma. Having said that, an overrated character can still be a great character. It's a matter of opinion. People find N overrated but I love him. Colress happens to be one of those characters where I can't find anything he did in the games to be truly remarkable yet. Okay, he joined Plasma to conduct experiments. So did probably every scientist in the franchise. He wants to bring out the true potential in Pokémon. Doesn't almost everyone in the series to a degree? He doesn't really want what Ghetsis wants but is willing to help him for his own selfish needs. Isn't that Charon?

^ Well then again, many people believe popular = overrated.

I like both Colress and the Traid but I don't pick up over/underrated.

It's not that I think popular characters are overrated. In fact, I think many popular characters deserve their popularlity. When someone finds a character overrated, it means they don't get the hype this character gets. I think Colress is a great character for sure though. I said he was slightly overrated but slightly overrated means I still like him a lot. I hear people talk him up like he is the greatest character in the games and to be honest, I really feel like he is no better than Zinzolin.

And who thinks popular means overrated?

Last edited:

Honeyichigo

The manliest
Not particularly. They were pretty much superfluous in the games, doing nothing the grunts couldn't've handled.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Shadow Triad

Um who. I honestly never expected them to appear in the first place, so no, I'm not concerned. If anything, I'd be more concerned if they did appear because I know they would just steal precious screen-time from my husband N. Episode N already seems more like Episode Colress anyway; we don't need more Team Plasma characters who will only hinder N.

UnovaCastaway

The Triad is interesting because there aren't too many characters like them in this franchise.

Hope they show up in an episode or two near the end.

Rohanator

[SUP][/SUP]They could just serve as Ghetsis's last protectors in the final battle, basically just grunts with a different design. Which is what they are in the games. So yeah if they don't appear at all it's not a big loss imo. I do love their entrance music from BW2 though so that'd be nice.

Episode N already seems more like Episode Colress anyway

How do you figure that? Because there is one episode announced to have Colress in it? N already appeared in 2 episodes so far (one was a cameo at the end) and it's already announced that he will appear in Episodes 6 and 8. This is Episode N. No doubt about it.

Last edited:

matt0044

Well, we're far for the ending and the Triad belongs to Ghetsis. Maybe we'll see them with him. I hope so too since Ninjas in Pokemon would be instantly cool as hell.

knux-the-killer

So hum, as far I understand, the reason people don't care about Shadow Triad is because they are inside the stereotype of mad scientist or any other redundant and predicable class of character? Sounds legit, so people don't fancy new stuff? The ninjas are original for a pokemon game and yet....okay I got it. Well I don't really got it.

So hum, as far I understand, the reason people don't care about Shadow Triad is because they are inside the stereotype of mad scientist or any other redundant and predicable class of character? Sounds legit, so people don't fancy new stuff? The ninjas are original for a pokemon game and yet....okay I got it. Well I don't really got it.

Actually No. People don't care about the Shadow Triad because they basically did nothing to interact with the main character in the games. If they appear in the anime, they will have a similar role, which is actually served well enough by the grunts itself.

Other than appearing out of the blue and surprise, they are no different from the grunts.

But I won't rule out their appearances yet. They might appear like in BW, in the end. They'd do nothing but save Ghetsis.

They were just mysterious. I don't know about Anime Colress but the game Colress actually had a character.

Plus, the anime guys might be scared to actually write a unique character.

Last edited:

knux-the-killer

Actually No. People don't care about the Shadow Triad because they basically did nothing to interact with the main character in the games. If they appear in the anime, they will have a similar role, which is actually served well enough by the grunts itself.

Other than appearing out of the blue and surprise, they are no different from the grunts.

But I won't rule out their appearances yet. They might appear like in BW, in the end. They'd do nothing but save Ghetsis.

They were just mysterious. I don't know about Anime Colress but the game Colress actually had a character.

Plus, the anime guys might be scared to actually write a unique character.

Sounds like you didn't play BW2. They got a decent role there and interacted with the player pretty fair enough.

Honeyichigo

The manliest
Sounds like you didn't play BW2. They got a decent role there and interacted with the player pretty fair enough.

Most of their role in those games had to do with stealing Hugh's sis's Purrloin, a job which could have been handled by grunts just as easily. Not to mention that without Hugh in the anime, that plot vanishes into thin air. They're basically just dead weight as characters in the anime.

knux-the-killer

Most of their role in those games had to do with stealing Hugh's sis's Purrloin, a job which could have been handled by grunts just as easily. Not to mention that without Hugh in the anime, that plot vanishes into thin air. They're basically just dead weight as characters in the anime.

Same for Colress, which any random scientist could made the same job as him. *coughcoughCharoncoughcough*
So their role is dead? That's not a very nice excuse because I could swear the Subway Masters did much less than them....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.