• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are you content with Chloe and Goh technically being his final canon companions?

Sham

The Guardian of War
Yay or nay? Does the returning companions make up for it? Did you actually enjoy Goh, Chloe and Ash interactions?

Last edited:

KukuiFanatic501

So/so.

Goh I have a much better liking for now but I’m honestly not…really satisfied with Koharus ending?

I know Goh going on his own solo journey is good closing on his arc, but Koharu should’ve been allowed to do that too. More if anything since Ash and Gohs adventures could’ve been the perfect set up to inspire her to do that rather than just be a bootleg research fellow. Eevee not having any better reason to stay unevolved also kinda leaves a sour taste in my mouth (Since, you know, not official new eeveelution right now, so what the heck was that “Eevee might have new forms we never knew about!” line about?)

And of course female wise, it also sucks that Koharu goes down officially as the most underdeveloped female companion out of all the ones in Ashs era.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
Sham are you trying to get a World Record on how many threads you can make in a short span?

As for your hundredth topic, they aren’t the final companions as Ash will travel with Misty & Brock during the 11 episode arc that is still within Journeys, so that point is null.

Sham

The Guardian of War
So/so.

Goh I have a much better liking for now but I’m honestly not…really satisfied with Koharus ending?

I know Goh going on his own solo journey is good closing on his arc, but Koharu should’ve been allowed to do that too. More if anything since Ash and Gohs adventures could’ve been the perfect set up to inspire her to do that rather than just be a bootleg research fellow. Eevee not having any better reason to stay unevolved also kinda leaves a sour taste in my mouth (Since, you know, not official new eeveelution right now, so what the heck was that “Eevee might have new forms we never knew about!” line about?)
Honestly it makes you wonder what was the point of all of those Contests implications and features only for her to replace Ash and Goh and unsurprisingly not evolving Eevee. The whole Eevee felt so disorganized with her becoming a researcher

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
Ash's dynamic with Goh comes off as if Goh is a BFF sort of companion, having an unbreakable bond to the point Goh didn't want to leave. Unfortunately that wasn't enough to save the bad writing that affected perception towards Goh, I hated how he blatantly represented a certain mobile spinoff game and how he was created to try and bring the playerbase for that game into watching the anime, or how he caught Pokemon that we all wanted Ash to get.

As for Chloe, she is the worst written female companion of all time. Reduced to yet another Eevee promotional tool, and a character buildup that completely went to waste.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Yes.
Not only was someone as ambitious as Goh as a concept befitting for the legendary 'last companion ' Ash ever had, but the bond he had with Ash was extremely adorable and they really bounced off each other well and had great chemistry
And while the execution for Goh is definitely up the air on how it wasn't done properly for his goal, his character arc was amazing to watch. The way he was also inspired by Ash and grew because of him and looked upto him perfectly encapsulated how Ash had become a perfect mature mentor for his friends after all this time of travelling with others

As for Chloe, her arc actually is poetic for being one of Ash's last companions, with her arc settling on becoming one not interested in the Pokemon World to becoming someone excited by it and the unlimited possibilities in the world as she grows out of her shell and follows in his footsteps to do what he did, all while having this bond through Eevee, the co-mascot with Pikachu at times

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
They’re his weakest (in terms of actual character) and most forgettable traveling companions to date so…. I guess? I mean Koharu barely spent time with him and Goh was like the male Dawn to him in terms of friendship. I’m happy with them as his final traveling companions than his JN Team.

Kein

AKA Silktree
The only time Go caught a Pokemon he didn't deserve was Golurk. Suicune was only caught to restore its health, while Eternatus was a joint effort (which was needed). Go's real accomplishments were Scyther, Flygon, Aerodactyl, Absol, Kingdra and Regieleki. I wish we'd seen more of them.

Anyway, Go and Misty are my favorite companions. It is not hard to criticize how their stories were executed, but they have clear paths and endearing personalities. Aside from Max (who didn't want to be dumped home), they had the hardest time saying goodbye to Ash, too.

There isn't much to say about Chloe. She's very down to earth and it would be a stretch to call her a companion. I liked how she helped Ash understand Go's feelings, but I would have done more with her and Go and Horace's backstory.

Last edited:

Ryker101

Yeah I’d say so. The trio wasn’t super close compared to previous ones but not bad. Goh and Chloe at the start had the least connection or similaties to Ash. Goh was a loner who only wanted to catch one pokemon, whilst Chloe was just a schoolgirl who wasn’t interested even interested in them. Compare this to previous ones who either had previous pokemon, got one early or were generally adventurous and laidback like Ash. So I think it subtly shows the extent of Ash’s influence. He’s always left a mark on his companions and these two have benefited a lot from meeting pokemon through their travels with him. Although some individual characters (like lillie) have changed more, I mean this set of companions as a whole