• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are you content with Chloe and Goh technically being his final canon companions?

GohMaster!

Goh Gettem!
It also shows the boring two professor assistants. Are they companions too? Is Koharu’s mom a companion? She was in that episode . Interesting
I mean this part
Screenshot-20221224-080538-You-Tube.jpg

vondecayle

Chloe was a part-time companion

vondecayle

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Yes.
Not only was someone as ambitious as Goh as a concept befitting for the legendary 'last companion ' Ash ever had, but the bond he had with Ash was extremely adorable and they really bounced off each other well and had great chemistry
And while the execution for Goh is definitely up the air on how it wasn't done properly for his goal, his character arc was amazing to watch. The way he was also inspired by Ash and grew because of him and looked upto him perfectly encapsulated how Ash had become a perfect mature mentor for his friends after all this time of travelling with others
I guess this goes back into does the “character growth” serve as a substitution for goal progression question.
all while having this bond through Eevee, the co-mascot with Pikachu at times
And it’s getting weird because at this point they are shoving Eevee onto people’s team with no explanation why. It’s even worse with Chloe because it involves her actual goal and she never has a real conversation with Eevee about becoming a researcher or a deeper conversation on why she should stay the same. She wouldn’t have even considered her not evolving if she never met Lana.

Not saying that every girl should battle as a goal because Lillie is a fan fave but there was definitely a disconnect there.

BlueDragonfangirl

Sad that the fandom won't ship him with a boy.
Actually Yaoi is very popular in the Pokémon fandom they are just not as loud about it as the more popular ships, Ash x Gary being the most popular. However, I did read Ash x Goh was the most popular Journey’s ship if that helps you.

Ask for the topic in my opinion no, Chloe shouldn’t even count as she hardly traveled with them and didn’t get much one on one time with Ash, in the beginning I thought she hated him even with that cold attitude she had towards him.

I just don’t like Goh and felt like they we’re forcing his and Ash’s friendship on us compared to the past.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
tbh I think the Alola group should've been his 'final companions' and this saga should've been all about his past companions (including Alola ofc) rather than shoving in new characters. After all, this was the final season of the anime; it should've been about the 25 year history of this show and resolving the stories of his past companions (and maybe giving ALL of them a chance to travel with Ash again), not new characters.

This is not to say Goh and Chloe shouldn't have happened at all, just that maybe they could've made the next saga all about them instead? Hell, maybe even add Ash in as a side-character who acts as Goh's mentor of sorts, and doesn't need to be in focus.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Yes and no

Yes because of Goh. He was the kind of male character I've been wanting in the show for ages. The only issue is writting dropping the ball with his goal and the execution of his growth in the series. For everything else, he was great and the best non-Ash male character in the series. Roy has a tough act to follow

No because of Chloe. I feel like writting was even more undecided than the character herself. At first she just seemed your average support character that were never meant to be more than that, with a few focus here and there but then, it seemed like they wanted making her a protagonist while not wanting to compromise on doing it. Also, not a fan of Yamper being cast aside for Eevee.