• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are You Disapointed With All The Focus On Go Lately?

cam24t

Master
They seem to be taking focus off Ash and putting it towards Go at the moment. How do you feel about this? I have to admit I am not really a Go fan so this is rather annoying. Ash should be getting more shine. Maybe I'm wrong. How do you feel?

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Nah. I'm not a fan of Goh but I'm sick of Ash and his endless, pointless quest.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Hell yeah, it's enough to make you want to quit watching.
He's a boring character with an utterly pointless goal. "Catch all Pokemon" yeah, I'd rather see a battle revolved around Ash fighting one of the Galar gym leaders, an old gym leader or rival/companion, Sinnoh Frontier Brains/Subway twins/Brandon/Anabel, and eventually an Elite Four member.
Having an episode revolved entirely around a capture like Cubone only for it to get boxed and never used is a big waste of time and having an episode without Ash is just insulting

But of course, the only people who defend Goh so relentlessly don't even like Ash at all so that figures....

I think focus for the boys has been pretty equal so far. Ash has had plenty of episodes centered on him regarding the PWC, captures, and recently the jealousy episode with Pikachu. I think it only feels like Go is getting more focus due to him getting the most captures

"Equal" lmao
Ash hasn't gotten near as many episodes as Goh. "Dual protagonists" my foot

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
This thread’s getting locked later isnt it?
And on topic: Not really. Go’s getting more focus cause hes a new character, not like Ash. His goal isn’t an issue, its the execution of it is just... Not really great.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Honestly, I have no issue. And Ash's been my number 1 favorite character in the show for years and he'll remain as such for as long as I watch this show.

For me, Goh getting a lot of focus is fair because since he's meant to be Ash's equal. But at the same time he's a new character so he getting so much focus right now makes sense. He wouldn't feel co-protagonist otherwise.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
to me it depends on where they take it, if they keep Ash as a battler and Gou as a capturer/cataloguer then it's fine.

but if one was to start heavily encroaching into the others territory, then i'd have issues with it.

For example if Gou decides he wants to get into combat more just because he's capturing seemingly strong pokemon (like the upcoming Flygon) then i'll start to dislike him.

Last edited:

Sidagam

I don't mind it. Sure I like Ash more, but Ash has been the main character for 20+ years and they should give new characters good focus and Goh is growing on me. Plus I can see his character already developing nicely, and I like the little "team" he is putting together. He's the dual protagonist.

Plus Ash will probably get most of the focus towards the end of the series when the top 2 tiers come around

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Did we really need a whole thread on something certain usernames write whole essays on in every preview or review thread and will continue to?

Satoshi is a done character who has repeated the same character storylines a million times for nearly 25 years and will continue to do so. Gou is a brand new character needing growth and development thus he’s easier to write for and in a more free fashion. Satoshi’s focus is solely about his battling skills while Gou can be focused on anything because the character is dynamic. They mostly have equal levels of focus anyway. He’s being treated with equal prominence to Satoshi like the writers promised.

People need to quit living through Satoshi, another character getting shine and equality to him isn’t an insult to you or Satoshi.

BulleDeChagrin

Lillie best girl
Not the biggest fan of Goh, but no, I don't think he gets too much focus. For years we complain that the companions don't get enough focus, and this time they really want to properly flesh out a character and so many people are mad Ash isn't getting enough focus.

I love the current incarnation of Ash and hope he gets lots of interesting episodes, but I'm fine with Goh getting a majority of the focus for now, as the later episodes will inevitably mostly revolve around Ash and his exploits in the higher rankings and probably the Master 8.

k6666

Pikachu Fan
nope , not really, i mean ash already got pretty much 7 region screen time

nuzamaki90

I like Go so no. I understand the most they can do with Ash right now is have him train because the PWC matches need to be paced correctly. I just wish we got more scenes of him spending time with all of his Pokémon and not just Riolu and Pikachu.

One thing I can say I dislike is Go’s way of caring for his Pokémon. Feeding and cleaning them is one thing but actually interacting with them, or even battling with them is another. Most of his Pokémon still come off as robots or background filler.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
To be fair you can say the same thing about Ash's current Pokémon besides Pikachu and Riolu
You could definitely can made same thing can be said for Travel friend of Satoshi worst way tho they don't even get more Pokemon......not only just 2 or 3 of them !