• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are you disappointed that the writers waited so long to evolve Chimchar?

hmmm

Scuffle of Legends
YES i hate it. although i always though Chimchar will evolve into a beautiful inferno, i'm losing hope now. its actually gained so much experience and is so strong. paul + pulling hXc vs. Fantina + Byron + Iron Island + Candace + whatever else......caaa maaaan

Alloute

Not Banned
I actually want Chimchar to stay in that form, it looks cuter....

No I'm not disappointed

HoennMaster

Imagine now if Staravia was winning Honchkrow without evolving.
So he is strong enough as a Staravia, and he doesn't need to evolve.

In the real, Staravia was weaker than Honchkrow, so he evolved.

But Chimchar is odd. It seems he can win any rival now, so he doesn't need to evolve until someone will crash him (like Honchkrow hit Staravia)

You can't win someone. You can BEAT someone, geesh. Beating one of Paul's Pokémno does not determine how strong a pokémon is.

kemal07

well since Chimchar is one of the main attraction of the sinnoh series i think their taking Chimchars evolution a long time which i thinkwill happen in an unexpected episode

Torpoleon

If anything evolution is completly random in the anime so experience with Ash and Paul really doesnt mean anything in the sense of evolution

Case and point, Ash's Starly evolved in the span of 12 or 13 episodes without a major win at all
Yes well, Chimchar has been in A LOT of battles with both Ash and Paul. Major and not major. I'm saying that it was with Paul for a long time taking part in one gym battle with one win. With Ash, it took part in so far, four gyms with eight straight wins. That is a lot and when you combine that with its other battles like rival battles with Paul, Barry, etc. then that gives you a long pool of wins and loses for Chimchar which means that it should have evolved by now.

dman_dustin

Yes well, Chimchar has been in A LOT of battles with both Ash and Paul. Major and not major. I'm saying that it was with Paul for a long time taking part in one gym battle with one win. With Ash, it took part in so far, four gyms with eight straight wins. That is a lot and when you combine that with its other battles like rival battles with Paul, Barry, etc. then that gives you a long pool of wins and loses for Chimchar which means that it should have evolved by now.

Evolution is also completely dependent on the Pokemon who evolves. Even if Chimchar did get a lot of experience, it's still up to Chimchar to evolve. Pokemon in the anime aren't robots, they are capable of decisions.

And please no comments about the writers. I know darn well that evolution is decided by them.

Bionickai001

Hive Trainer
My guess is that since this is so late for evolving Chimchar, they may pull a charmander and swinub and double evolve him in a few episodes. Weonly have about a month before the movie, so after chimchar evolves to match the movie, monferno can evolve after the movie.

Right now Ash's team just doesn't seem strong enough to win the league or beat Paul and with the Elite Four being showcassed, I'm thinking he's going to win this league. His pokemon are just not strong enough to accomplish that.

glowing_light010

•chℓoε•
i am VERY dissapointed the writers have taken so long.
the poor little monkey must have a bad case of no-evolutionitus.

but with the paul, brandon, reggie episode coming up,
it might have another chance to redeem itself..
or evolve in some stupid filler & its evolution be pointless.

J-boogie200

Not at all, the only thing is the longer it takes to evolve, the more people get frustrated with it. It doesn't frustrate me, however, once it evolves maybe people's depression would turn to joyfulness!

SuperSonic

Is it possible they're not letting him evolve so Ash can show Paul that Chimchar can still be powerful without evolving? That was kinda Ash's thing in previous seasons.

If thats the case I would be against it.

JD

Chimchar is actually like one of the pokemon that got the most backstory isnt it but I want monferno soon but you never no chimchar can evolve in just any random filler episode against team rocket paul doesnt have to be around

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
When Chimchar will evolve, I would still hope he gets screen time, like he always does. But Im sure he will, since he's got character alright.

~HikariSatoshi~

ღ ヒカリ ღ
I'm not disappointed that the writers waited long. It doesn't really matter as long as Chimchar evolves in the end.

Vernikova

Champion
No I'm not actually. I didn't want the writers to rush through and evolve Chimchar like they did with Charmander. I agree that they could've evolved Chimchar earlier but I'm not disappointed that they didn't.

Slowking[George]

#SPP-WiFi HOP
I am very disappointed, I though that it would be a Monferno by this time and the writters wasted some good chances to evolve him I sometimes wonder if the little monkey is going to evolve.

I think they have waited for just the perfect moment, rather than evolving him in an episode where it was simply a 'good chance' to do so. They could have evolved him during the Snowpoint Gym Battle episode, but they didn't. That was basically the only good moment they could have let it evolve. But as I see it, they were waiting for an Ash vs. Paul episode, in order to prove to Paul how strong Chimchar is and how powerful the bond he shares with Ash is, which unlike with Paul, helped him evolve.
To sum it up, better have Chimchar evolve in an episode like this rather in a filler.