• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are you disappointed that the writers waited so long to evolve Chimchar?

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Man, I cant imagine how it'll be what the series, or at least the party, will be like once Chimchar evolves.

.Wind.

Banned
I'm not disapointed about it not evolving. I don't want Chimchar to evolve. It seems wrong. If it does evolve it will end up like Charmeleon and the writers are too lazy to make it evolve.
You know, it doesn't have to end up like Charmelon...Charmelon didn't obey and as I said before Monferno might take his orders too far...he obeys but he just loves power...that'd be different

gpt11

You know, it doesn't have to end up like Charmelon...Charmelon didn't obey and as I said before Monferno might take his orders too far...he obeys but he just loves power...that'd be different

that sounds about right to me aswel also i doubt it will return when asked and just continue to fight till its won

HoennMaster

Exactly, why does being a Fire Type automatically mean it will disobeying. Charmeleon did because it had a previous trainer (I believe that was why it did).

Fofa

Thunder Trainer
Chimchar also had a previous trainer, but I doubt that'll have anything to do with it.

As much I'd like to have Chimchar evolved by this point, maybe it has to either a) get over its fear of Paul, or b) it'll evolve, not show itself to Paul until the League battles, then it'll show itself as an Infernape, catch Paul by surprise and utterly decimate his team. Though as much as I'd like for THAT to happen. . . . >:\

Handy?

It's that one guy
Yes. He should of evolved instantly. I hate the fact none of the Anime Pokemon in Sinnoh evolve quickly enough bar Mamoswine and Staraptor. I mean, if the writers knew Piplup would pull the not evolving stunt, then Chimchar should surely have been evolved before then to give the viewers some form of happiness.

ayeeprill

Shorts Boy- my hero!
I'm willing to bet he eveolves shortly before, or more likely, during the Ash/Paul battle.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
Exactly, why does being a Fire Type automatically mean it will disobeying. Charmeleon did because it had a previous trainer (I believe that was why it did).

Why Charmeleon disobeyed was revealed in the episode immediately after it evolved; Ash didn't have enough experience as a Trainer for Charmeleon to respect him. When Ash did everything in his power to save Charizard's life in that one episode in the Orange Islands he earned its respect and trust. Same thing happened with Dawn and her Swinub; it evolved too fast and she didn't have the experience or respect needed to control it. It even happened with Dawn and Buizel to a lesser extent.

Personality seems to play a small part in why Pokemon disobey. Prideful Pokemon don't seem to want to be trained by a Trainer they think isn't worthy of its skills.

Grei

not the color
Has anyone considered that Paul's training may have stunted Chimchar's growth?

I mean, honestly. Paul would train the thing to death and then some, and then he just let him go after a loss. Then, Chimchar had problems with it's Blaze, and has yet to control it. Chimchar seems to have a lot of strength that he doesn't have the experience to control. Is it possible that Paul's training kept Chimchar from growing as a person, and therefore he's maturing at a slower rate?

I realize this isn't something usually seen in the anime, but I could see this as totally possible. It would explain why Ash has had him for so long, and yet Chimchar remains in his basic stage.

.Wind.

Banned

If Monferno obeys tyoo much then he isn't being disobedient...he obeys Ash and resecpts ash but, his respect runs too deep and when he uses Blaze he goes crazy to protect Ash and he loves the power because he "feels it" and then when he is Infernape he is notmally dtronger and he gets rough in order to protect Ash.

Giki

loving chimchar line
IF he is going to evolve al the way to infernape, they should not rush it too infernape from monferno. i want monferno to get some screentime to

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
Guys, the whole thing of Charmeleon/Charizard not obeying was purely and simply a plot device to make Ash's journey harder- they couldn't have him winning too easy too early in the series, so they gave him a popular powerhouse (and version mascot) while also making it useless 90% of the time. Even after becoming obedient Charizard has only been used in battles which no other pokemon on Ash's team could feasibly win. Monferno/Infernape would be a different story altogether, as the writers have no such problems with giving Ash powerhouse champions.

On topic, yes- I am a tad disappointed but better late than never.

dragoncmdr

Fire Type User
Where is the evidence that it's going to evolve?

And has anyone noticed that Ash's team is now half evolved pokemon? Gliscor, Grotle, and Staravia. If Chimchar evolves that'll just leave Pikachu and Buizel, andn let's face it, Pikachu will never evolve. Ash could end up with a team of reasonably evolved pokemon this time around.

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
Like people before have said, if Chimchar evolves at least he's evolved. Better late than never.

dragoncmdr

Fire Type User
haha, ok that's pretty good evidencce. It might belong to another trainer, but as all of the pokemon shown save the notched ear pichu belong our the group you're probably right.

If chimchar evolves in ash's next battle with paul it will be perfect.