• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are you disappointed that the writers waited so long to evolve Chimchar?

Torpoleon

IF he is going to evolve al the way to infernape, they should not rush it too infernape from monferno. i want monferno to get some screentime to
If Ash has Infernape by the League, Monferno to Infernape might be slightly rushed. It would be ok I guess. I don't really know if that would happen.

Anyways, there are high chances of Chimchar evolving in Ash's big battle against Paul.

Shadow XD001

Yes, I am dissapointed at how long it took Chimchar to evolve. It isn't like it has an everstone. Well, it is confirmed to be in Movie 12, so the latest it will evolve is July, but I hope it evolves in the Ash vs. Paul match. That would be epic.

red2000

Liger Zero!!!
With DP coming to a close a Monferno evo is Possible, I mean we still have one Badge and the GF and the TG arc, so It squeezing one in seems plausible but you never know with writers

If Monferno were to evolve by the end of the GF I doubt most people would have a problem with it

Ringy

Yes I am disappointed that the wirtters waited to long. But all can change in the episode where he evolves and I know that episode is coming soon ^^ .

Alfonso

Derpgull
The writers have never been terribly good at pacing, so I wouldn't be surprised to see an Infernape not too long after Monferno.

Magi of all

My own personal problems with Chimchar aside, I do feel like the writers waited a bit to long. A second evolution before the league would feel rushed and an evolution in the BF would make things feel like 3rd Gen all over again.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I wouldn't mind them rushing through Monferno. Otherwise they're just going to pull what they did with Sceptile and make us wait till after the league for it to evolve again.

Champion Jared 14

I mean, what is there to be upset about?? Sure lots of people wanted to see Chimmy evolve in due time after he joined Ash, and then wanted to watch it kick the snot out of Paul in a battle, but I think it's rather appropiate...I mean, the last time Chimchar battled Paul, it went completely crazy because Ash couldn't control his blaze ability, nor does he want to use it...

But it doesn't matter much to me because Chimchar is getting nothing but the best amount of screentime being on Ash's roster, totatally PWNing at gyms, so I think it's fine...Besides, it's almost like how long the writers took to evolve May's torchic...But chimmy wasn't er, um....neglected and got much more screentime than it...And in the Next arc at the end, Blaziken...

I wouldn't worry about it too much...I can see Ash probably getting Infernape in the future...not anytime soon though...

thunderblade12

People were fixated on the idea of Ash getting Infernape before the league and it resulting in a Torterra vs Infernape vs Empoleon showdown between Paul, Ash and Barry. Admittably, I was one of the people who thought that would happen.

If Chimchar were to evolve at Iron Islands like everyone originally thought it would have given Monferno a ton of time to remain in it's second stage and still be an Infernape before the league. At least Monferno could have gotten the final two gyms and then evolved during the league. Now that Chimchar's evolving after the seventh gym, it's looking less likely that it will be an Infernape by the league. It could end up like Charmeleon, but we don't want that now do we?

Eh..it could still happen. If we get a 40 episode drought in between Snowpoint and Sunnyshore I can still see Monferno evolving during the league. At least then it should have a respectable amount of screentime under it's belt. Since the new season in the dub is called "Galactic Battle" and the opening revolves around Team Galactic, I think PUSA may have some inside news on the future of the anime. They might know of a good number of Team Galactic episodes that are on the way. So if they have to add a bunch of TG episodes and Dawn's final contest before the final gym, we will no doubt have a ton of time between Snowpoint and Sunnyshore. And then we have the Grand Festival which will add about 4 more episodes before the league.

~Magic Thunderbolt~

We'll have to wait and see... wait and see.

All I know is that Monferno will be with us by the end of this month at most.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
I only wish that his evolution is to come before the gang leaves the snowy area. So, I do wonder DP133 is not the last episode to be in a snowy area.

More or less, the Mt. Coronet arc would be a good place for Chimchar to evolve. Pretty sure his evolution will be way before Sunyshore, but the possiblities are still up in the air.

Fofa

Thunder Trainer
Has anyone considered that Paul's training may have stunted Chimchar's growth?

I mean, honestly. Paul would train the thing to death and then some, and then he just let him go after a loss. Then, Chimchar had problems with it's Blaze, and has yet to control it. Chimchar seems to have a lot of strength that he doesn't have the experience to control. Is it possible that Paul's training kept Chimchar from growing as a person, and therefore he's maturing at a slower rate?

I realize this isn't something usually seen in the anime, but I could see this as totally possible. It would explain why Ash has had him for so long, and yet Chimchar remains in his basic stage.

That was a bit of my idea of Chimchar conquering its fear of Paul before evolving. Studies have actually shown that abused or neglected children go through stunted growth, both physically and emotionally.

firelovindocker

well chimchar evolves somewhere between DP 131-133
infernape by the league will be rushing it a bit
if they evolved chimchar before the candice gym battle maybe i would of agreed but the writers tend to rush stuff

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."
Well to start i think Ash got his team too early, like Snorunt who was the last one to be added in his team and before we now it, its in Professor Oak's lab until who knows long before we see it in Ash's team, or even be in his team.

But i mean things like this happens. this is like asking, "Why can't Pilpup evolve already?" or "Why did it take so long to evolve Combustion?"

I'm not dissapointed at all but i would mind if they speed it up. you just can't help to go and wonder if they will ever evolve.

kemal07

Getting a full team early was great. It means more time for development and evolutions.

Yeh that was a very professional thing for the writers to do. Im so happy with the writers that they are introducing everysingle character from the games in a fantastic way. It really has made Pokemon very profesional.

As for Chimchar, expect him to evolve in two weeks lol as a battle with Paul sounds promising.