1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Are you ever "embarrassed" to play Pokémon?

Discussion in 'Poképolls' started by Tag3r, Apr 28, 2010.

1. Tag3r

Tag3r i wantz beef!

Are you ever "embarrassed" to play Pokémon?

Just what the title says. Personly i am somewhat embarrassed about it. I mean i'm only 12 but that's still a little old. But hey its a great game so i'll keep playing.

2. outkin

outkin Well-Known Member

Yes, when everyone is talking about god of war or whatever, then i mention pokemon they get really quiet and i know they aren't interested and then i feel embaressed, and the only guy i know that likes it is hooked on the cards and doesn't know anything......

3. Ichi

Ichi swagswagswagswagswag

No

10char

4. Mew-100

Mew-100 Future Scriptwriter!

Did you know Inanimate Franchises can have relationships? Word at my school is Pokémon is gay. I have a feeling CoD is too gay.

Anyway, yeah I am. There's about 4 people in my school beside me who I can freely talk about Pokémon to without other people around. I don't bring my iPhone to school since I have a Pokédex App on it and even though it's hidden, people can find it so, I'm not bringing my iPhone evenif it has a code lock.

5. Aquadon

Aquadon TCG Trainer

20 years old, never miss a chance to make a Pokemon reference. Yeah, I'm fairly comfortable about it. I do feel embarrassed though when some small fry tries to make it sound like he knows more than I do and I have to put him in his place. Seriously, you don't have to attempt to let me in on every single detail you know; odds are I've looked it up months ago.

6. rekreatur

rekreatur Well-Known Member

Not at all.

7. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Werewolf of London

That's me too. It's just a game -- and I have fun playing it :). It shouldn't matter the age in the end. It's just that you're enjoying playing it that really matters, no matter the game.

8. Dark Eevee

Dark Eevee Well-Known Member

No, I even wear pokemon t-shirts.
    Pokemon will never embarrass me!

9. Cryptic Blaze

Cryptic Blaze Blinded by the light

^^^ I completely agree. It IS just a game after all. They obviously have nothing better to do with their lives if they tease you over it.

10. Dark Eevee

Dark Eevee Well-Known Member

They're upset that they're to embarrassed to play pokemon themselves.

11. Witchan

Witchan Shauntal, FTW!

Not really, especially when I'm surrounded by random strangers that sees me playing it and I'm not affected whenever someone makes fun of me, anyway...

12. Coreracer15

Coreracer15 Master of the Sea

depends. if there is girls there, then i am embarresed to say it, and i never will. if there is just the boys in my grade who are gaga over cod and halo, then yeah, i admit it. i just dont want girls to find it out, lol, since then i will never get a date. o_o but yeah. :)

13. Neurotic Nuckelavee

Neurotic Nuckelavee Monochromatic Beast

Well I'm 18 and I play pokemon, I won't lie when I go for the TRU or Game Stop events I feel sort of nervous being the only one standing around downloading my pokemon, I think that has more to do with feeling awkward because I'm the only one there more than it being because it's Pokemon.

Other than that I've never been embarrassed about liking pokemon. A good number of my gamer friends will groan if I make a reference to pokemon, but they aren't mean about it. The rest are fans of pokemon or don't care one way or the other. My parents are also fine with it.

14. heytheredevon

heytheredevon Well-Known Member

17 and play it whenever I can.

Why would I be embarrassed? I play Pokemon rather than doing something destructive.

15. Neurotic Nuckelavee

Neurotic Nuckelavee Monochromatic Beast

But what if that hot babe standing next to you was a huge pokemon fan too? Then she'd be all over you. ;) Just saying there ARE female pokemon fans too.

16. Not me. I am 22 and have been playing pokemon since gen 1 and haven't ever been embarrassed to play it. Why would anyone be? It's just a game like any other...

17. Copygoo

Copygoo Page of Heart

Psh no. My school's really tiny (like, so tiny 7th-12th grade is in the same classroom. Yeah, its a private school) so even all the high schoolers who I am great friends with like Pokemon, so usually its not a problem for me. Besides, if someone starts to make fun of me for playing Pokemon, my older brother will step in (cuz he plays SoulSilver) and defend me (or, at least defend Pokemon.)

18. CONKERSBADFURDAY

CONKERSBADFURDAY Drunken Squirrel

Little bit, but the only game my friend really plays is World of Warcraft so he isn't one to talk about addictive pointless games :p

19. squeezcheese

squeezcheese Well-Known Member

I'm the same as Mew-100 except I was too scared someone would see the pokedex app on my phone. So yeah, whenever I have a friend over, I take all my guide books, gameboy, games, etc, and push them underneath my book shelf. Only one of my friends plays pokemon, but we don't really talk about it or anything. My *cooler* friends make jokes and stuff about pokemon, and I say its all nerdy and stuff, but yeah. If anyone saw me playing pokemon, they'd be like "Dude, srsly?"

BTW I'm 13. Just if anyone was curious.

20. #Gecko#

#Gecko# The Essential One

No, people know I like Pokemon and they don't mind. Quite a few people play at my school, too. Although I am slightly embarrased about how much I played it, but nothing serious since I bring Platinum to school everyday.