• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are you ever "embarrassed" to play Pokémon?

JJDalts

Tobi is a good boy!
19 years old, and I'm not embarrased at all. I don't really care what people think of me playing it. Hell, me and my friend got HG/SS on the release day and sat and played it in a nearby pub.

hitoshura0

I would be, but then again I have much more to be embarassed for, so...

Anyways, why would you? If you enjoy it, then do it. At least your not drinking so much your throwing up in public or randomly murdering people.

Meowth! That's right!

Cat Pokemon Trainer
I'm nearly 18 and a few years ago everyone used to never admit to liking Pokemon except for the geeks but now it's like it's like it's cool to put a pokemon as your default pic on facebook for pokemon profile pic week and everyone who played it as kids now admit how awesome it is... anyways no I've never really been embarassed of it, and at 12 years old all you should be doing is playing pokemon and other kiddy games, definitely not smoking or having sex to look grown up and hardcore like the other kids do...

The Mew

I love Mew<3
I think it's not embarrassing to play Pokemon at all, because "everyone can like things they want to" and it's normal, isn't it! That's why I think it's not embarrassing.
So I'm not embarrassed to play Pokemon and that's final...XD

Oddly Enough No,I'm 14 Years Old and been a fan for 9 years,and by this point people know I play pokemon so I rarely get made fun of because of it.

MegamanDX

Megaman/Pokemon fan!
how i started playing pokemon was(ten years ago)that one day when i was 5 i was walking down the street where i used to live(i moved to the mountains 4 years ago)i saw this card on the ground and saw this strange picture that look like a red salamander(latter i found out that this card was charmander)i thought how cool this was and i wanted to show all my friends. when i showed all my friends at school (i was in kindergarden at the time)they all said that card was weard but i like the card but i look on the back and it said "pokemon" so i was like hmmm...cool. Latter on in the years i started to collect the pokemon cards and these "pokemon" look like animals in a way and i really liked animals, that how i started to like pokemon. So to answer the question, at first i was a little embarrassed but i really liked how these things look like and i still do today.

Sorry about the long post but i just wanted you let know how i started to like pokemon

allaboutthecute

When I grow up
In 5 words?

NO NO NO NO NO.
I tell everyone i make friends with about Pokemon. I even went as Pikachu for Halloween! If anyone were to tell me Pokemon is lame, here is how it would go:

"So, that means you never played it?"
"No."
(Shoots them the "you just sank your own debate ship" look and walks away)

But so far, the only time people have criticized Pokemon is saying they don't understand it. Admittedly it is a little complicated, but its easy once you learn about it.

Kepperino

Team Dragonite
14 years old, and unfortunately I am embarrassed that I play Pokémon.
I really love it, but I barely know someone who loves it too...

Tekirai

heapz cool persin
I'm not embarassed about it at all, I'd just like to avoid letting people know about it who will clearly give me stick for it. Which seems to be the norm.

...hence my reaction of slamming my head on the desk when my friend said in a very loud voice "Oh I saw your Pokemon videos, they're so funny!".

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker
A touch.

I'm twenty-seven, and now and then I feel a bit sheepish about it, but it doesn't keep me from wearing my Poke Ball earrings or wearing my Poke Walker. Today a stranger randomly walked up to me and asked about my necklace, which happened to be a PixelBlocks Mawile sprite, and I was a bit embarrassed to explain that it was a Pokemon.

skittyeevee

cosmic eevee
Before I realized there are fans older than me, yes I was embarrassed of it.
Now I really don't care. But I never tell unless somebody asks me.

Last edited:

Antiyonder

Overlord
The way I see it, the people who rudely critique someone display juvenile behavior to begin with. Do you really think that person is qualified to lecture someone one maturity?

NSFMystic

Smooth Criminal
Not really. A lot of people at my school play it. Even my chemistry teacher. She connects walkers with students all the time.

voidhawk

Blergh!
to be honest, i find it's better than half the crap other people are into... :D

This made me laugh

Anyways, why would you? If you enjoy it, then do it. At least your not drinking so much your throwing up in public or randomly murdering people.

pretty much sums it up!

Last edited:

Arsel

I'm not really embarrassed about it. But I choose carefully which of my friends should know about it.

Jerre

Gogoat!
Well, i'm 23 and i love Pokémon since Red came out. I have a friend that is almost 23 years old and he plays Platinum. We trade and battle sometimes. So i'm not embarrassed about it.

barath

I am bit of embarrased, actually afraid to play in front of others.. especially before my mom, she makes fun of it cuz she tells it as the "jumping thing game" [i think she saw when i am playing pokemon HG, and she must have noticed that scene of lyra's marill jumping].. sometimes she scolds me for me playing kids' game.. but i dont care basically..